Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N B
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The forum for this game is 56 pages deep, so I'm sure this has been asked before (my apologies) and it doesn't appear to be covered in the rulebook:

So, I completed VG and want to move onto a new curse. What happens with the found materials in my satchel, the advanced skill cards in the action deck, my inventory items, etc.?

Is this a hard reset or can I continue on with my character (s) as is at the end of VG, while adding the new curse?

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally, it's a hard reset.

You could, perhaps, jury-rig something to continue with your character, but you'll be on your own getting it to work well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
flag msg tools
There’s a chance you may have permanently locked yourself out of important quest items and/or clues.

Dark chest and offering are possible but not necessarily optimal. Add the curse to your deck and the clue to your satchel. Wipe the board and move your character to the new starting card.

Warning though, depending on the state of things, dark chest might be trivialized and offering could be extra grindy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Like most games, when you start a new game nothing you did in the previous game has any effect.

If you play some other way, it's a house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N B
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured. Confusing is the reward given at the completion of VG, which implies further development of character and action deck. I assume this must pertain only to multi curse runs (?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
Jakke Trewman wrote:
I figured. Confusing is the reward given at the completion of VG, which implies further development of character and action deck. I assume this must pertain only to multi curse runs (?)
The completion card states that the reward is given only if you have other curses in play which you still have not lifted (i.e. you are doing a multi-curse run).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not need to read all 56 pages
A quick Google search shows something like this https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1980006/fininshed-curse-res...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls