Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate (CO) / Chieri (TO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
...probably already asked, but just to be sure:

1. during an action you may choose a skill card and add it to your hand even if the action was a failure, right?

2. according to the rules, I can combine two items with a different keyword (in this case the only penalty is not adding the durability of the new die). Now, does this mean that if I create a durability-2 item and add it to a durability-6 item (different keywords), the new item gets to use the durability-6 of the old one?

3. some items have two different boxes of effect (e.g. Splint) and, according to the rules, if I activate it I could use both of them... now, this seems weird. Why make two different boxes then? Like, Splint has "Cure -1 card" in one box and "Cure 2 stars + 1 7-star" in the other one... does this mean I can decrease the cost by one, and also guarantee 2 stars + 1 7-star on the result?

4. how many times can I make fire? I'm playing solo and I probably have just one token... so if I use it and place it on a terrain card, how can I make fire again? Do I have to "extinguish" it in some way, or can I make fire all the times I want by moving the token? Or is it limited to one fire per session?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.

2. You combine items by putting the new item below the bottom item in the itemstack. If the keyword of the item matches the top item, you add the number of dots of the new item to the durability die on the top of the stack. If there is no match, you leave durability as-is.

3. I think you are free to choose one box, other or both, or none. If you need to make a choice between two bonuses the card will explicitly have the word "or". I may be wrong though on this one, I'd have to check, but I think I'm not.

4. If you play with one of the predefined characters, you can make fire as much as you want but have only one token on board at one time (the old fire magically disappears). If you choose the "custom solo" character, you can have four fires simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo
Spain
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the topic of the Splint, there are two boxes because the actions each box modifies are different - while the first box modifies Fight and Cure actions, the second box modifies Cure actions only, meaning that you can not apply the two-star + 7-star effect in a Fight action. It is indeed redundant for Cure, but not for Fight.

EDIT: Not redundant, as well explained below by Tim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2) you can use the combined item up to 6 times.
You never use only part of an item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:

That's very misleading. At the start of an action you choose which item stacks you want to use for that Action. You can then choose which abilities within the stack you want to use, and only when it becomes relevant. So if your stack has a "discard this card for 2 stars" effect, you might choose not to use that ability if you don't need the 2 stars. You still decrease the item dice by one, but can choose not to reduce card draw, discard cards, etc. as necessary.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Wright
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
Sky851 wrote:
On the topic of the Splint, there are two boxes because the actions each box modifies are different - while the first box modifies Fight and Cure actions, the second box modifies Cure actions only, meaning that you can not apply the two-star + 7-star effect in a Fight action. It is indeed redundant for Cure, but not for Fight.
It's not redundant for Cure; having the two boxes implies and/or, which would have been explicitly printed on the card otherwise.
The alternative layout would have been a Fight box with -1 Cost, and a Cure box with -1 Cost "and/or" two-star + 7-star effect. My guess is that's a bit of a squeeze so they went for the more concise option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also times you might want to fail an action, so drawing fewer cards and not adding the successes might be useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate (CO) / Chieri (TO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All good questions, imho.
lexpweller wrote:
3. some items have two different boxes of effect (e.g. Splint) and, according to the rules, if I activate it I could use both of them... now, this seems weird. Why make two different boxes then? Like, Splint has "Cure -1 card" in one box and "Cure 2 stars + 1 7-star" in the other one... does this mean I can decrease the cost by one, and also guarantee 2 stars + 1 7-star on the result?
Splint has two boxes because one of them (-1 card) can be used for both Cure and Melee Attack actions. The other box only works for Cure actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:

This is not correct, given the order in which the OP described the items to be created:

lexpweller wrote:
Now, does this mean that if I create a durability-2 item and add it to a durability-6 item (different keywords)...

Given this order, the item stays a durability 2 item. So you can only use it 2 times.
The rule is simple, if keywords match, you add the durability together (with a max of 6), if they don't match, the die stays the same.

EDIT: This is incorrect, misread the text and thought the order was the other way around, as that seemed the more logical question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karian wrote:

lexpweller wrote:
Now, does this mean that if I create a durability-2 item and add it to a durability-6 item (different keywords)...

Given this order, the item stays a durability 2 item. So you can only use it 2 times.

Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karian wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:

This is not correct, given the order in which the OP described the items to be created:

lexpweller wrote:

The rule is simple, if keywords match, you add the durability together (with a max of 6), if they don't match, the die stays the same.

And the existing item is durability 6 (6 pips on the die). That doesn't change when adding the new item to it's stack, so it remains at 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karian wrote:
lexpweller wrote:

I think you're misunderstanding the example. I'm quite sure it's supposed to be the other way around:

1. I already have an item in my inventory with durability 6.
2. I craft a new item to combine with the existing one. It doesn't share any keywords (and its durability would normally be 2).
3. The combined item's durability stays at 6.

The example would be better if the existing item had a durability of 4:

1. I already have an item in my inventory with durability 4.
2. I craft a new item to combine with the existing one. It doesn't share any keywords and its durability would normally be 2.
3. The combined item's durability stays at 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I indeed misread the example (multiple times). edited my original response to indicate that. Still the general rule was correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls