Subject: Three more questions [with Voracious Goddess SPOILERS] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate (CO) / Chieri (TO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some other questions came up while walking across the continent...

1. When I get this card:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

...what do I have to banish? The card itself has a discard symbol, so the banish is probably referred to the "050" card. But 050 cards go in the satchel so I'm really not sure what to do.

2. What about this one:

First of all, what about the "greater than" symbol between the success and the number of 150 cards I have to take? Then, what I have to banish? This very card in the photo, or the 150 card I choose to take (after resolving it)?

3. If I want to take this action:

and I have this item:

can I lower its durability and use it just for the blue flag, even if it has no brown icons associated to the action?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Banish the torn off page, then place the normal terrain card in its place.

2. The arrow is just telling you if you have x successes take this number of 150 cards.

3. Yes, you can lower the durability just to make use of the blue banner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Ponga
Belgium
Bruxelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All in spoilers just in case

1. Banish this. This is, of course, the card in which is printed: you take the 50 card and place it under your journal and banish the "torn-off page" card.

2. It's not really a "greater than", more like an arrow. 3 stars --> take 2 150, etc.

On the symbol, I'm quoting the rules: "When this icon appears in the consequence of the action, the active player must banish the green card where the icon can be seen and then immediately replace it with a gold card bearing the same number."

So indeed you banish your card in the photo and replace it with a gold card with the same number.

3. I would say yes, you can use it. I have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1: You banish the card itself. The word "This" when written on a card always refers to the card that "this" appears on.

The other icon is a reminder to replace with the appropriate terrain card after dealing with the card in question. If you hadn't removed the card from play yet, you would discard it, but if it is removed from play another way (which always happens with this card as it banishes itself), you still replace it with terrain.

2: The greater than signs are just meant to be read as arrows. You draw the appropriate number of cards and look at them, following the other instructions on the card then choose which one you want to resolve. That is the only drawn card you resolve and the others are returned as per the instructions. After resolving the chosen card (which will remove itself from play somehow), you implement the green->gold icon which states to banish the pictured card and replace it with its gold version.

3: Yes. Using the banner on an item is one of the three reasons you may want to utilise an item stack for an action. The banner is not actually tied to the brown icons in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate (CO) / Chieri (TO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
After resolving the chosen card (which will remove itself from play somehow), you implement the green->gold icon which states to banish the pictured card and replace it with its gold version.

Damn, I totally missed the "replace it with the gold version" rule... well, next time I suppose.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lexpweller wrote:
Clipper wrote:
After resolving the chosen card (which will remove itself from play somehow), you implement the green->gold icon which states to banish the pictured card and replace it with its gold version.

Damn, I totally missed the "replace it with the gold version" rule... well, next time I suppose.

Thank you!

Believe me, this is a common issue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lexpweller wrote:
Clipper wrote:

Thank you!

You can still go and banish it right now... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls