Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fire resource rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Malinsky
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
My food cards always say that I can shuffle more cards back into the action deck if I have the fire resource. Is this on the bottom right of exploration cards? If so I haven’t yet seen it in 15 hours of play. Is the fire resource when I have an item which has the fire logo? Is it when I have built a fire on the card I’m on?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The fire resource will be present on some terrain cards, but most of the time, you will need to create it yourself. The fire tokens do indeed count as adding the fire resource to your terrain.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
The fire resource will be present on some terrain cards, but most of the time, you will need to create it yourself. The fire tokens do indeed count as adding the fire resource to your terrain.


I can't recall off the top of my head any terrain cards with fire. But it does appear on some Permanent Events, which then give it to all surrounding terrains.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your main source of fire resource is from building a fire.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian R
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robmcarthur2001 wrote:
Your main source of fire resource is from building a fire.

Source for the interested: Rulebook Page 20, the Note at the top:
"When there is a fire figure on your Terrain card, you have the fire resource."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a source of annoyance for us. Basically, if you don't know how to get the fire resource, then just keep playing and it will become plain eventually.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Schellenberger
Canada
Carp
Ontario
flag msg tools
Game Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy
badge
robinz wrote:
Clipper wrote:
The fire resource will be present on some terrain cards, but most of the time, you will need to create it yourself. The fire tokens do indeed count as adding the fire resource to your terrain.


I can't recall off the top of my head any terrain cards with fire. But it does appear on some Permanent Events, which then give it to all surrounding terrains.


If I recall correctly, I believe that there was at least one exploration card which adds fire to the attached terrain card. (I may be misremembering. Also I have by no means explored all of the cards in the game!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DryHumourist wrote:
robinz wrote:
Clipper wrote:
The fire resource will be present on some terrain cards, but most of the time, you will need to create it yourself. The fire tokens do indeed count as adding the fire resource to your terrain.


I can't recall off the top of my head any terrain cards with fire. But it does appear on some Permanent Events, which then give it to all surrounding terrains.


If I recall correctly, I believe that there was at least one exploration card which adds fire to the attached terrain card. (I may be misremembering. Also I have by no means explored all of the cards in the game!)


That's exactly what I was talking about. Those are Permanent Events, not Terrain cards. (Quick-and-dirty definition: Terrain cards are ones characters can actually stand on. There is a very detailed breakdown of all the different card types, and what they do/mean, at the start of the rulebook.)

EDIT: reading Clipper's original post again, he isn't actually wrong. The fire resource symbol being on a Permanent Event does indeed make it "present" on each of the (up to 4) Terrain cards it points to. I just wanted to clarify because his post can be read - as I initially read it - as saying that the fire resource symbol is printed on some actual Terrain cards, like eg. the Wood and Stone resources are. And, as far as I know and can remember right now, this doesn't happen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought there might be a fire resource on the secret
Spoiler (click to reveal)
volcano
but I checked it and no, it's still on a permanent event attached to it.
Just one that's mandatory to draw!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
This was a source of annoyance for us. Basically, if you don't know how to get the fire resource, then just keep playing and it will become plain eventually.

As others have said, if you don't know any way how to get the fire resource, you missed an important rule in the rulebook.

If you don't know how to place a fire figure, then that is something you can discover by playing...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Antistone wrote:
Trump wrote:
This was a source of annoyance for us. Basically, if you don't know how to get the fire resource, then just keep playing and it will become plain eventually.

As others have said, if you don't know any way how to get the fire resource, you missed an important rule in the rulebook.
I'd argue it's easy to miss, given that it's hidden in the second sentence of one of these 'post-it' inserts that primarily talks about a related rule.

Just like the single reference to the 'thumbs-up' icon that you can find on some cards...

These things should be mentioned in a regular section and show up in the glossary and/or icon reference.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls