7 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resting and saving rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Flint
msg tools
Hi all,
I think I'm not grasping the save-restore and rest rules.
First, I read somewhere on the manual that saving and restoring actually helps you with the game - aside from keeping your mind safe from 10hours gaming sessions. However, When I saved and restored I didn't see any possible advantage. On the contrary, I basically loose all my previous terrain tiles, making it more difficult to remember where I was on the map, and riskier going back.

Secondly, I gathered from the forum that resting allows you to spend XP. Is that true for every resting action? Does it only happen on certain terrain tiles?

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you hunt, you usually banish the card you used for the action and replace it with the golden one.
If the same card has multiple green cards, by saving you can use the other green card making the hunt action easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:
If you hunt, you usually banish the card you used for the action and replace it with the golden one.
If the same card has multiple green cards, by saving you can use the other green card making the hunt action easier.

In addition to this, if you're doing good hunts and drawing lots of 150 cards, you'll be picking the better cards and removing them from the potential pool of hunt results. Saving puts those back in.

As for the XP part, there's a difference between saving and resting. Resting can be done anywhere you have a "rest" icon white box, but unless it's a comfortable place, you might not sleep well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:
you often can do that with resting too, so no need to save.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game will explicitly tell you when you can buy spend xp
Only do it in that situations

Sometimes you need to wait a bit that something happens
Saving helps you here too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saving is mostly detrimental. You should never save for 'real life' reasons (do a soft save instead), but occasionally you might want to save for gameplay reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
Saving is mostly detrimental. You should never save for 'real life' reasons (do a soft save instead), but occasionally you might want to save for gameplay reasons.
why though, sure it hurts a bit, but it is not so bad
If I really need to stop playing and need the place I just save and don’t worry to much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls