Popular Tags: [View All]
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Just starting out and I'm not sure about this.

This card opens up and gives you two things you can do. Can I skip both of them and come back to the card later?

If so, then what is the purpose of the second action (that would simply banish the card)?

It kinda seems that the game wants you to decide immediately whether to take the challenge - or let it go and lose it forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are not red bordered, you can come back later and decide if you want to do it or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It stays out until you choose to take one of the actions.

This allows you to build up some good cards in your hand and/or inventory to help with the first action, if you choose to. And the second action allows you to simply get rid of it at no cost, if you're more interested in seeing the terrain card it's hiding than doing the other action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The Banished option would remove the event card and allow you to keep exploring new terrain without risking the actions on the card.

You’ll see many events like that in the game, where you can choose to ignore a point of interest and walk away but banishing/discarding the event card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can understand how this could be a little puzzling in this case, as the second possibility is so very counter intuitive to the crystal song.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls