Popular Tags: [View All]
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
After a lot of reading and watching rules i started with the 7th.
Now i have a question about the exporation card.

I have the exporation card 'sea urchins'.
I failed the card, so i got myself poisoned. The question is, do i still discard it and take the adventure card? Because technically i came true the path... or do i leave it open and try again until i have a succes?

Kind regards,
Nico

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You come through it as long it is not explictly state you place next terrain card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirjam Molenkamp
Netherlands
flag msg tools
All exploration cards have the symbol gray--> green, which means you discard it (after resolving the effect), and replace with the green adventure card that should be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mirjam42 wrote:
All exploration cards have the symbol gray--> green, which means you discard it (after resolving the effect), and replace with the green adventure card that should be there.

Not all. Some are Permanent Events, with gold arrows pointing in each of the four directions. These stay on the table until you take, and succeed in, the relevant action printed on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so it does not matter if i win or fail, i always, uf otherwise stated, replace it with a land piece. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was a temporary event with an hourglass symbol, you discard and replace with terrain card once resolved, irrespective of what happened when resolving it.

If it's a permanent event with gold arrows/chevrons, one of the outcomes should contain the text "discard this". In that situation you would have to reach that outcome to get rid of the card. If not, the card stays put.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
Mirjam42 wrote:

Not all. Some are Permanent Events, with gold arrows pointing in each of the four directions. These stay on the table until you take, and succeed in, the relevant action printed on the card.

Okay, that makes it harder for me to understand. So the card "Sea Urchins" has this 4 golden arrows.. So with my poisoned curse i took, may i take card 007 yes or no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gemaskerde Muchacho wrote:
robinz wrote:
Mirjam42 wrote:

Okay, that makes it harder for me to understand. So the card "Sea Urchins" has this 4 golden arrows.. So with my poisoned curse i took, may i take card 007 yes or no?

Just follow what it says in the consequence box, I don't remember the card well enough to tell you for sure.

Temporary events have an implied "discard this" on every outcome, but for a permanent event with gold arrows, just do what it tells you to.

Oh and don't miss the "Banish Green and Replace with Gold" icon that sometimes shows up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
robinz wrote:
Mirjam42 wrote:

Just follow what it says in the consequence box, I don't remember the card well enough to tell you for sure.

Temporary events have an implied "discard this" on every outcome, but for a permanent event with gold arrows, just do what it tells you to.

Oh and don't miss the "Banish Green and Replace with Gold" icon that sometimes shows up!

Thanks a lot! Got two more question if you got the time.

1: Is it allowed to put a meat card (001) under my shovel? If i do so i have 5 actions on my dice, so can i then use the meat action up to 5 times before i can discard them both? That is very strong! Or should i use the action just once and then return it?

2: i found a raft. Now i don't want to build it yet, because it needs wood. Can i put it in my satchel, wait until I'm on a card wirh wood and then build it and put a dice o it? And is ot allowed to put it, until then, under a other skill or craft card? Just not very clear about that.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
robinz wrote:
Mirjam42 wrote:

1: Is it allowed to put a meat card (001) under my shovel? If i do so i have 5 actions on my dice, so can i then use the meat action up to 5 times before i can discard them both? That is very strong! Or should i use the action just once and then return it?

2: i found a raft. Now i don't want to build it yet, because it needs wood. Can i put it in my satchel, wait until I'm on a card wirh wood and then build it and put a dice o it? And is ot allowed to put it, until then, under a other skill or craft card? Just not very clear about that.

Thanks

You only get to Eat once, because part of the food’s ability requires you to return the card.

The Raft is a Blue Hand card. So it goes in your hand. It stays in your hand until you choose to build it or discard it to make room for something else.

Only cards with the little book icon go into your Journal.

Also - you don’t have to have wood to build it. Wood just makes it cheaper!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
robinz wrote:
Mirjam42 wrote:

Thanks

1. The meat card has "return this" as part of the consequence of the action, so it goes away when it's eaten.
2. You can carry the raft idea in your hand as long as you want, but it takes up a blue hand card spot in your hand.

Edit: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
Ogrecrusher wrote:
robinz wrote:
Mirjam42 wrote:

Thanks

1. The meat card has "return this" as part of the consequence of the action, so it goes away when it's eaten.
2. You can carry the raft idea in your hand as long as you want, but it takes up a blue hand card spot in your hand.

Edit: ninja'd

Aha... Hmm.. So you have a hand with unbuild things.. When you 'build' it it gets into this class system where you can stack stuff.. So that is what i do wrong.. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you have a "hand" which contains a limited amount of Blue Hand cards, a limited amount of Green Hand cards, and any number of red hands.

Then you have an inventory which can hold a limited number of items (dice), which can each hold a limted number of cards.

All the "limited" numbers depend on your player count.

A good way to think of it is that your hand contains ideas of things you might build, then once you craft them into a physical object, they go into your inventory.

Sometimes you might find an item that's already a tangible object and has a die icon on it, these go straight into the inventory if you want to keep them.

"hand" and "inventory" are important concepts, because some cards refer to them. Sometimes just one, and sometimes in an and/or way.

Effects that let you "discard a card with keyword X" from hand or inventory are great ways to remove individual item cards from stacks, allowing new cards to be added in their place (and hopefully bumping up the durability at the same time!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
Yep, you have a "hand" which contains a limited amount of Blue Hand cards, a limited amount of Green Hand cards, and any number of red hands.

Then you have an inventory which can hold a limited number of items (dice), which can each hold a limted number of cards.

All the "limited" numbers depend on your player count.

A good way to think of it is that your hand contains ideas of things you might build, then once you craft them into a physical object, they go into your inventory.

Sometimes you might find an item that's already a tangible object and has a die icon on it, these go straight into the inventory if you want to keep them.

"hand" and "inventory" are important concepts, because some cards refer to them. Sometimes just one, and sometimes in an and/or way.

Effects that let you "discard a card with keyword X" from hand or inventory are great ways to remove individual item cards from stacks, allowing new cards to be added in their place (and hopefully bumping up the durability at the same time!)

Great tho know that there is some handmanagement in this game. I played it now for a couple of houres and i love it.. I really don't where to go to, it is really exploring.. What i find hard is to say no to some locations on to move on.. Now i'm just going into all the places i stumble up to.. I think it's not good, because i lose a lot of action cards this way.. I just love it that you can get some action cards back with food.. Not that the end is coming, no Mather what you do..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The inventory minigame is the biggest challenge of the game to be honest. Mastering it is the key to effective survival.

It's nice finding a good 350 card early in a run and then basically keeping that item stack alive for the whole game.

I wrote a guide about it a while ago, but it might be a bit early to look at it, you might prefer to figure things out for yourself first.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1922110/inventory-managemen...

Managing item stacks well is pretty important though, especially at lower player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great,
Not going to read it right now but thsnks anyways. I already thought that if i run to the end, i need to thicken my deck again and get rid of my items..
The only thing i wonder is, how do you know if your going the right way? Is there any line in it? How do you know if your on a victory road, or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing i wonder is, how do you know if your going the right way? Is there any line in it? How do you know if your on a victory road, or not?
The Clue card that comes with your curse that you should have added to your satchel at the start of the game is your first hint towards where you need to go or what you need to do. Perhaps it has a map, perhaps it has illustrations of things you need to look for, or perhaps something else.

The next hints you'll get will probably be finding the correct banners. Each clue has a purple banner icon and if you can find cards that use that icon, you know you are entering parts of the adventure specific to your curse and thus means you are on the right path to start solving the mystery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay..

I found a place where i could fish.. I then had to draw quit a lot of fish cards, at the end i had 8 fish cards! I could return 40! cards... I just wonder, is that just a very good draw or did i miss something?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay..

I found a place where i could fish.. I then had to draw quit a lot of fish cards, at the end i had 8 fish cards! I could return 40! cards... I just wonder, is that just a very good draw or did i miss something?!

When you hunt or fish you draw a lot of cards, but usually you only keep one of them.

Thematically the better you are at fishing, the more likely you are to get the result you want.

Though the
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Blue Fish
does have a benefit even if you don't choose it as your result, so long as you pick another one that matches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but i did not had bleeding, so i could keep all the fishes.. Had 8 succes, so could draw 4 cards! These for cards did say i could draw 2 cards each.. So 8 fishes in total! That is a lot..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but i did not had bleeding, so i could keep all the fishes.. Had 8 succes, so could draw 4 cards! These for cards did say i could draw 2 cards each.. So 8 fishes in total! That is a lot..

It would have said something like "draw 4 cards, if you have the bloody state, discard a non predator, then choose one of those cards and return the rest. That is the result of your hunt".

Only once you have chosen your hunt result does it become a temporary event that you have to resolve.

If you'd drawn 4 cards all with mandatory Red Box actions on, you ignore them unless they're on the card you choose as your result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but i did not had bleeding, so i could keep all the fishes..

This isn't true. You only ever keep one fish/animal when you fish/hunt. (Excepting cards which tell you otherwise, of course.)

The downside to bring bloody is that you have to discard a card before choosing which to keep (unless you draw only predators) - this both restricts your choice, and makes it more likely you have to face a predator (some predators have a really great result, some a bad one like snakes - but all make you fight them or similar before getting anything).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
Yeah, but i did not had bleeding, so i could keep all the fishes..

This isn't true. You only ever keep one fish/animal when you fish/hunt. (Excepting cards which tell you otherwise, of course.)

The downside to bring bloody is that you have to discard a card before choosing which to keep (unless you draw only predators) - this both restricts your choice, and makes it more likely you have to face a predator (some predators have a really great result, some a bad one like snakes - but all make you fight them or similar before getting anything).

Ah okay, so only can keep one fish?! Where can i find that rule? And only one fish of each species? Or just one fish overall?
What the point then of taking different fishes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's make this example even more straight forward by providing examples of cards you could have drawn. Thus, it will be in spoiler tags...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I'll assume you were drawing from the 200s for your fishing expedition. It is possible that you could draw the following four cards from that:
• Blue fish: Take 2 002 cards. If you have revealed at least 1 other "Blue fush" card, you have found a shoal of fish - take 2 additional 002 cards.
• Blue fish: Take 2 002 cards. If you have revealed at least 1 other "Blue fush" card, you have found a shoal of fish - take 2 additional 002 cards.
• Golden fish: Take 1 003 card and 3 002 cards.

You now must choose one of those four cards to be the result of your hunt. That is the only card that resolves.

If you chose a Blue fish, you would get a total of four 002 (Fish/Mollusk) cards as you did find a shoal. If you chose the Golden fish, you would get one 003 (Experience) card and three 003 (Fish/Mollusk) cards.

Whichever you choose, you return the other three cards without resolving them. You must also find room in your inventory for the 002 cards. Each is an item card and thus you need to create a new stack if you have a die remaining for one, or add the cards to existing stacks that have more room left in them.

Finally, you would follow the green->gold effect on the fishing card, banishing the fishing card and replacing it with the golden version. You can then go on to take actions to eat your Fish (one at a time), ensuring you are following the rules for durability of the items you added the cards to.

If any part of that was confusing or you still don't understand, please elaborate further and we will surely be able to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah okay, so only can keep one fish?! Where can i find that rule? And only one fish of each species? Or just one fish overall?
What the point then of taking different fishes?

This is answered on the fishing card itself. It would state something like:
Quote:
Depending on the number of successes you obtain, take the corresponding number of XXX cards:

2-3: 1 XXX
4-5: 2 XXX
6-7: 3 XXX
8+: 4 XXX

Reveal them. If at least one involved character is bloody, you must discard 1 of those without the keyword predator. Choose 1 of the remaining cards, which represents the result of your hunt. Return the other cards & green->gold.

The emphasis is mine and shows you only get to keep 1 overall. The variety of revealed cards will determine simply what choices you get, although as you will see in my example above, some cards may give better results depending on what the other revealed cards were, which is why you would want more choice.

Note that if there is a predator, you still get to choose a fish in this case and do not need to deal with the predator. Alternatively, you could choose to take on the predator instead and likely get food from it if you kill it. If you were only left with predators, you must choose one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |