Martin Sjöstrand
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When deciding active character and involved characters for the pathfind action on the back of a exploration card does that decision carry over to mandatory actions on the front of the exploration card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirjam Molenkamp
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Yep.

We always do default: both of us are involved, and if there is a relevant choice of active character we either randomize or decide the "logical" outcome: the character who used items from inventory. That is not necessarily the most beneficial outcome...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandatory action always include the same players as the action which gave you the mandatory action and you can't switch the active player in between.

For exploring it is mostly better to do it with everyone on the tile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
For exploring it is mostly better to do it with everyone on the tile
While being aware that sometimes you will encounter a mandatory action that only involves the active player -- with experience, you may be able to anticipate the type of challenge that may be faced (worst case) and name the best equipped character as active player (before a specific challenge is revealed).

P.S. A power or card (or item?) that let you switch the active player mid-action would be an interesting variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Mirjam42 wrote:
Yep.

We always do default: both of us are involved, and if there is a relevant choice of active character we either randomize or decide the "logical" outcome: the character who used items from inventory. That is not necessarily the most beneficial outcome...

I like that. I think I'll use the round chips more from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Kosicki
Poland
Gdynia
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is active and who is involved usually comes from the context in our case. For example someone who is pushing to see something/take particular action or has essential equipment for the action is the active player. We also usually decide who is involved before the action. It comes with: "ok you want to do it do it, i'm right behind you" or "I'm not going there with you", "do it yourself you maniac" or "ok I'll help you, let's do it together".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
t vl
msg tools
mbmbmb
We do this tacitly most of the time. We do all actions together, unless one of us explicitly states they'll do it alone. And the player who chooses the action/draws the cards from the stack is the active player, unless otherwise stated. We usually take turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls