United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife, infant (he doesn't play games yet....), and I are moving to the Spokane area in September and I wanted to put some feelers out for folks in the area that might want to game.

My wife is into light fair (and Scrabble) but will play medium weight euros. I prefer less luck-based games, but will pretty much play anything. I have been getting into 18XX games lately and would love to find folks who play close by.

Anyway, let me know if you are in the area, play games, and like new faces!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no direct knowledge, but wanted to be sure you were aware of the
Spokane, WA, USA guild.

When moving to new cities, my best sources of gaming event information have been 1) meetup.com and 2)local game stores.

Also, if there aren't gaming groups that meet when or where you want/need, or which don't play the types of games you want, you can always start one. It takes a bit of effort, but I have done it a few times, and have always been glad I did. (Even when the groups haven't really grown as I had hoped, it was still worth a try.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolkster
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Every Tuesday night from 5:30 to 10:00 at the River Park Square food court (south end).

2. Nerds United: Spokane's Nerdiest Meetup. A meetup.com group. Meet at various times and locations.

Have fun. Might see you in the winter as it's currently hiking, backpacking, camping, kayaking and biking season as Spokane is within a 2 hour drive of 76 lakes, numerous mountain ranges and 120+ hiking/backbacking trails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Geruntho
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tips!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
It's not hipster if you were REALLY there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Welcome to the northwest!

I live south of there, but Spokane has a very active gaming community we sometimes run into and hang with :) Here's a Facebook link to chat with some folks. The spokane game club meets during the week at the mall, and they are free.

This weekend was SpoCon, the local game group ran some game activities there, too. There are other gaming-related events that take place up there too, but I am sadly unfamiliar with most details as I don't get to travel much.

Spokane Area Gaming Alliance

https://www.facebook.com/groups/453181884859575/

And if you ever head 90 miles south, visit us in Moscow at Palouse Board Gamers; our free club meets on Fridays at Shari's.

-Sherri / IdahoGeekette
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Scrudder
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jon :-)

I run Spokane Board Gamers, the group that meets at Riverpark Square Mall in downtown Spokane on Tuesdays. We also do Saturdays once every month or two, run an annual gaming swap, and provide lending libraries for local conventions.

On Tuesdays, we tend to get around 12-25 people and are very friendly to people of all levels of gaming. We definitely have people who are on the Scrabble end of things :-)

You can find us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/Spokaneboardgamers/

As for stores, there are quite a few, including:
Merlyn's
Uncle's
Gamer's Haven
The Comic Book Shop (at Northtown Mall, the other location doesn't do games)
Dragon's Fury

and several others I don't frequent, who are mostly on the CCG end of the spectrum :-)

Hope you find what you're looking for and maybe we'll get to game sometime :-)

-Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Geruntho
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, I will have to check these out. We are slowly making our way west and will be in Spokane by the end of the week. I will see if I can hit up some of the game nights next week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Geruntho
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IdahoGeekette wrote:
And if you ever head 90 miles south, visit us in Moscow at Palouse Board Gamers; our free club meets on Fridays at Shari's.
-Sherri / IdahoGeekette

Thanks Sherri,
It has been a long time, but I used to play with you guys when you were at Jack-in-the-Box. That's probably 8-9 years ago now. I will definitely pop in when we visit our friends in Pullman.

Cheers,
Jon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls