flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
ElasticPanda wrote:
GrauGeist wrote:
Sorry, "FREE" is simply a clearer way of explaining "extremely unbalanced" to most people.
____

It's not "clearer" since it's wrong. That's pretty much the opposite of "clearer".

GrauGeist wrote:
I think a game that plays that badly for any player deserves whatever that player chooses to do within the scope of the game. If there aren't rules against playing spoiler or kingmaker (and there shouldn't be), then nobody should be suprised when a player chooses to take on either of those roles. Playing spoiler and kingmaker teaches the players more about competitive multiplayer gaming than making a completely impossible attempt to catch up.

The fact of the matter is that it's a bad game with bad design, precisely because it doesn't allow the player to simply walk away from a guaranteed loss the table with a simple "I concede".

To label legal play as poor "sports" is naive. Perhaps, you would rather I simply flip the table and rage quit? Is that the alternative you are hoping for?

Or is it an issue that you can't handle metagame play? Or that you wouldn't be the anointed player to receive the benefits of kingmaking?

Even if the game had a mechanism for quitting, by your logic, a player shouldn't be faulted for kingmaking without any intention of winning right for the start, right? Because it's legal within the scope of the game?

It's pointless to discuss that with you

A game is what the player makesnof it. The fact that it forces unwinnable play is a fundamental flaw, aand no amount of nonsense changes that.

Imo, forcing unwinnable play is not a flaw in by itself IF it makes people believe they can still win.

For example, i might not have a chance in a game of Terraforming Mars, but because there are so much points given at the end of the game, there is usually the belief that you are not effectively eliminated, even though you are.

I have a distinction in my mind between virtual elimination, in which you know you can't win, but the game lets you continue regardless and a game a game that forces unwinnable play, but you don't know about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |