Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Design Queries and Problems

Subject: Seeking for gameplay animation video rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello guys!

I have finished the design of my board game, that I plan to launch on Kickstarter in October and I need to make a gameplay animation video.

Zombicide Green Horde Kickstarter video:

I want my video to look exactly like this.

Can you please tell me which program is used to make this kind of videos.

And please recommend if I can achieve the skills in that program to make it myself, or is it necessary to hire a professional?

Thank you in advance for any advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Zomborszki

Unspecified
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doc4geo wrote:
Can you please tell me which program is used to make this kind of videos.

The video you included doesn't play for me, did you mean this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH0OLZkLCZk

When creating a video there are always multiple pieces of software to choose from. And often you don't use just one program but several: one for compositing and editing the video, another for creating artwork, a third for 3D-renderings, etc.

The ones I have had some (limited) experience with are Adobes suite of programs (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dimension, etc). They integrate very well together. But there are other alternatives, some free ones also. Haven't used any of those myself though.

Doc4geo wrote:
And please recommend if I can achieve the skills in that program to make it myself, or is it necessary to hire a professional?
Since I don't know what level of proficiency you have in different fields this is near impossible to answer.

But based only on the information that you do not know what programs to use and need to ask, I would say no, you probably cannot learn yourself in time for your Kickstarter. Can you learn at all? Of course you can! But it will take quite some time and effort, and you must ask yourself if it is worth it.

Videos like these are created by people with experience and often quite a bit of talent. So if you want guaranteed results, it is probably better to hire good talent and do what you do best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you for your detailed answer, it really helped me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Ford
United Kingdom
Deal
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know your situation or your project but honestly, CMON probably spent more on their video than your funding goal. It would be lovely to have something like that, but its not necessary and you'll kill yourself trying. If you want something animated then adobe Spark is fine, easy to use and cheap. But there is nothing wrong with a small time creator sitting down in front of a camera and explaining their game. As a small creator you have passion and connection to your game that CMON can't buy, show that on camera. In the end, they have capital but you have you, use what you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls