Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Pegheads!

Late posting this week; we've recently adjusted the posting rota and it'll take a little while to get used to it (plus I'm guessing a lot of pegheads are prepping for GenCon next week!).

So, how's your gaming week going? No major question of the week comes to mind this week, so instead I'm just going to say: Feel free to post pics of games you play this week! Let us see the fun you are all having.

And why? Because, what the pegheads really want to know is: What are you playing this week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Khalil
Qatar
flag msg tools
Check out our Podcast (Tabletop Sessions), Instagram (@tabletopsessions), and Twitter (@ttsessionsqa)
badge
Check out our Podcast (Tabletop Sessions), Instagram (@tabletopsessions), and Twitter (@ttsessionsqa)
mbmbmbmbmb
Only two things confirmed for the week for me-

Playing Detective: City of Angels tonight! Hopefully, we can get a couple of cases in playing only 3 players.

We also have a game of Food Chain Magnate scheduled for Friday.

My group have Scythe and Suburbia planned for Saturday (Sythe Suburbia Saturday. Yay for alliteration). Unfortunately, I won't be joining them- I have to edit the next episode of our podcast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm game. In fact, let's make it a game! I'll post pics, and see who can name the games first!

First game played this week was new to me and I enjoyed it quite a bit, even though my son discovered an exploit that allowed him to end the game and win with only 8 points!

The second game I played this week, immediately after that first game, I won, which I consider quite an accomplishment considering it was only my second time ever playing this game and my friend Nate who brought & taught it has a few more plays under his belt (and he usually tends to win when we play together)...

I don't have any pictures of the third game we played Monday night, but I'll give you a hint: it just won a major award...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Khalil
Qatar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terror Below and Seasons?

Grishny wrote:
Okay, I'm game. In fact, let's make it a game! I'll post pics, and see who can name the games first!

First game played this week was new to me and I enjoyed it quite a bit, even though my son discovered an exploit that allowed him to end the game and win with only 8 points!

The second game I played this week, immediately after that first game, I won, which I consider quite an accomplishment considering it was only my second time ever playing this game and my friend Nate who brought & taught it has a few more plays under his belt (and he usually tends to win when we play together)...

I don't have any pictures of the third game we played Monday night, but I'll give you a hint: it just won a major award...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richmond Bramblet
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one game played so far this week. Got a 2-player game of PARKS in with my wife. Going to play it another time or two this week as well. Really enjoying it so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only published game I've played this week so far is Wingspan..

Tonight is a 2p game of Teotihuacan, so hopefully I'll remember to take a pic of that too.

Update: I did remember to snap a pic!

I managed to just pull out a win, on 123 to 117! Woohoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
During the day, I got to play round 5 of Scythe: Rise of Fenris, which I snapped a great picture of but will not be posting because spoilers.

We also played a dice chucking adventure game, which ended in our grisly deaths shortly after this moment (sorry for the bad lighting):

And last night I got to try Libertalia, played London for the ninth time this year, and learned this gem:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my board gaming is out the window for a month maybe two. It'll at least be the lowest priority as I have a large painting commission to do and I am in a Necromunda campaign that will take the rest of my limited spare time. I'll update if and when I do manage to play games, of course. No BG planned for this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
che2487 wrote:
Terror Below and Seasons?

Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With the kids FINALLY all on summer break, I got in an early morning game of Jaipur with my almost-11yo, and then with my 9yo. My 11yo won 2-1. With my 9yo we played just one round, which I won, but only by about 10 points! She loved it, saying "I could just play this game ALL DAY!". Warms the heart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm exceptionally late to the party this week. I'll cheat a bit by adding pictures from last weekend's 14-hr Game Day. On Sunday and Monday I introduced and played again, Yokohama. No surprise, Ping won twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
I'll cheat a bit by adding pictures from last weekend's 14-hr Game Day.

Fun day! I recognize the first, and third unnamed game. I don't know the second game though.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
1. Dead of Winter
2. ?
3. Mysterium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:

Fun day! I recognize the first, and third unnamed game. I don't know the second game though.

1. Dead of Winter
2. ?
3. Mysterium

#2 looks like...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vigo Velito
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last weekend was over with the Professor...great times as always.

njshaw2 wrote:

#2 looks like...

Yeah, I brought over the anniversary edition

The Professor wrote:
On Sunday and Monday I introduced and played again, Yokohama. No surprise, Ping won twice.

Glad you got it out of the shrink

My week thus far has been filled with Magic with the two oldest boys. My eldest might be addicted (I think he would play ALL day if he could). Molly went a bit nuts buying boosters from the latest Magic 2020...I may have opened Pandora's box

Tuesday and this morning I got a game of digital Scythe in with a friend who is living in Croatia, still prefer in-person, but glad I get to get some games in with him.

Hoping to get some heavier games in this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call, Brendan!

Yes, Nick.

Thanks for a great Game Night, Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some morning games with the kids this morning: another game of Jaipur with my 9yo (I won 2-1).

And simultaneously (because that's how I roll... We'll, actually it's because they both wanted to play different things at the same time with me), I taught my 11yo Inuit: The Snow Folk, which I recall Jeremy mentioned on the podcast this week! I managed to massively win thanks in no small part to having 9 polar bears (36vp) and the Spirit that gives 2vp per polar bear too (18vp), plus a whole host more. My daughter didn't get any Spirit cards at all, so I scooped 8 up over two turns near game end. I won 133 to 78.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one has guessed my previous game pics yet! Does that make me the champion, or just ignored? Or shunned due to bad lighting?

Medium level of gaming this week: I played Qwixx and The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus on Monday, the previously reported games on Tuesday, no games on Wednesday, then

Cribbage on Thursday, which is turning out to be a favorite with my wife and daughter and I. I had an old crummy cribbage board that we'd been using that was warped so it clicked on the table whenever you moved the pegs. So my wife spent some of her precious amazon points to buy a new one. I won the first game, so I dub it a solid cribbage set.

We also played Clue because my son had never played before, and I finished a game of Through the Ages in which I was reminded that I suck at building civilizations.

Yesterday was a short game of Gizmos in which I was reminded that I suck at building machines.

Today we're set for games of The Adventurers, Pandemic Legacy Season 2 and Gloomhaven.

I might also teach/lead a game or two of Hindsight:2020, one of the games my partner and I will be showing off at the first exposure playtest hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
During the day, I got to play round 5 of Scythe: Rise of Fenris, which I snapped a great picture of but will not be posting because spoilers.

We also played a dice chucking adventure game, which ended in our grisly deaths shortly after this moment (sorry for the bad lighting):

And last night I got to try Libertalia, played London for the ninth time this year, and learned this gem:

Without looking it up... Is the 2nd game

Lorenzo il Magnifico
?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:

Without looking it up... Is the 2nd game

Lorenzo il Magnifico
?

Yep!

Clue for the first game, the figure closest to the camera has a distinctive head shape and right hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
Clue for the first game, the figure closest to the camera has a distinctive head shape and right hand.

Oooh, oooh, is it
Hellboy!
?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
wombat929 wrote:

Oooh, oooh, is it
Hellboy!
?

It is! A surprisingly fun dice chucker. I went pretty heavy because of the IP and was really ready to be disappointed, but a couple novel mechanisms make for really fun gameplay. The damage mechanism is interesting and the way your dice work is unusual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, Ping; our friend, Priya; and I managed to get Yokohama to the table...practically inadequate for the job . In sharp contrast to my first few games I played, I actually won this one with a score of 149!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turner
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a lot of time this week for gaming, but it did manage to learn Terrors of London this week with my buddy Tim. It's a pretty standard deckbuilder with a twist or two, and a really cool theme. I was a little worried going in after reading the rulebook, but as it turns out, I was just making it a lot more complicated in my head than it needed to be. I enjoyed it a lot and can see myself reaching for it when I want my pure deckbuilder urge scratched, but Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure is still going to be my go to deckbuilding game with a little extra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter called and wanted to come play a game, so we busted out Chronicles of Crime and tried another scenario. While we didn't solve some things, we figured out some other things (something significant even) and got on the scoreboard for the end of game scoring. I think or deductive skills got a little better than the last time and we absolutely had a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After Gloomhaven on Saturday, I finally retired my Cragheart and got a new Sawbones. We tried out the new team more on Sunday, eking out a win on the last turn of the last player alive. Now that we're making the enemies the proper difficulty, it's a lot of fun again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |