terry chay
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Title says it all. I noticed Seattle already has one, but I couldn't find something like this for the SF Bay. If anyone has a pointer to one, or wants to create one, that'd be great!

If not, cool with me creating one?

Though I've been a boardgamer/wargamer/RPG gamer since the 1970's (1978 D&D) and I've kickstarted a lot of board games (superbacker), I am a relative BGG newb and normally don't do group buys. I just volunteered for one (Dwellings of Eldervale) that is already at 4 copies and was thinking of seeing if I can get a few more late backers in on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reyes
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in joining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Park
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested, though I only participate in occasional kickstarter campaigns. I know a few others up here in the North Bay who would be as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey Klenetsky
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similarly, I'm interested, though not a regular backer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would join. Full disclosure, my ulterior motive would be to connect with more people in the bay area who play modern games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
terry chay
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I created a Geeklist for Group Buys here: Subscription list for SF Bay Area Group Buys of Kickstarter and Indigogo projects

If you have any suggestions/changes you need me to make, just send me a GeekMail.

Feel free to add any of your own from now on. That would be great! Make it your own!

I added the one group pledge for the Geeklist to kick it off (me volunteering to co-ordinate a Dwellings of Eldervale group buy).

Many of my previous boardgame KSs are fulfilling so other than maintaining the Geeklist central itself, I'll try to take a back seat as I digest some games (for instance, Vindication just arrived and Everdell Pearlbrook arrives next week).

The only other one I think I can run myself is I can probably also do Pret-A-Porter since I was a day 1 backer if anyone is interested. I might try to use the list to gauge interest if someone doesn't already create this one in a couple days. I am loathe to add any others until I'm more experienced.

Off the top of my head: I've pledged $1 for Etherfields (day 1) and that Explosm trolley game (forgot the name) because I'm on the fence with these, so if someone wants to group buy those, I can join yours with no loss. Just create an item on the Geeklist and I'll add a comment expressing interest. (Dice Throne Adventures has a minimum buy in of $22 so I'm not moving from that.)

Tell your friends (or any threads where people are asking for a Bay Area group buy) and I hope we can make this geeklist take off to help co-ordinate things for us Bay Area peeps (and beyond) and thanks for your encouragement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls