Popular Tags: [View All]
Kostas Retalis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear:
1) I do not think the user is lying in this case
2) The user accepts the results and did ask politely to just remove this specific want from his list if we were to re-run the trade. He took full responsibility of his mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern Conciergerie Easylife
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
Always look on the... *sigh* ... bright side of life !
mbmbmbmbmb
vradipous1 wrote:
Fabregus wrote:
So, I incline to not change the results, because I really think we may have a snowball effect in the future. Let me forecast some potentional cases:

For example, another user may in the future claim that he didn't notice something like this because he is not happy with the results and not really because he didn't notice something.
I agree with your decision.

And I agree as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ReverseMeeple wrote:
That sounds a bit too harsh for what could be a simple mistake.
By the term "harsh", you are portraying the situation as punishment. Not rerunning a trade is not a penalty so the term "harsh" is out of context.

Rerunning trades does cause a snowball effect as Fabregus predicts. I would only rerun a trade if a user threatens to not ship - behaviour which would trigger a permaban for him.

Rerunning a trade involves work not only in manual tampering of the wantlists by the organizer, but also in the discussions and disappointments it arises for him - this one included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moose
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I should have been more specific: what I found harsh was banning them from the next trade. I don't think it's too harsh to decide not to rerun the trade.

By the way, I took "banning them from the next trade" to mean that they are not allowed to take part in a completely separate Math Trade because of an error in a previous one. If what was meant was, instead, to remove the person's submission and "ban" them from the rerun of the current trade, then that sounds reasonable. The only thing I found too harsh is the idea of banning a user from a Math Trade completely for making a mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
vradipous1 wrote:
Fabregus wrote:
So, I incline to not change the results, because I really think we may have a snowball effect in the future. Let me forecast some potentional cases:

For example, another user may in the future claim that he didn't notice something like this because he is not happy with the results and not really because he didn't notice something.
I agree with your decision.

And I agree as well

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the organizer of the Italian Math Trades since 2016, and I found this case much like the one that is caused by who wrongly apply the duplicate protection, in this case who receive two games knows that he has one to offer in the following one. In this case, some ask one of the senders not to ship the item till it will enter in a future trade, if the sender accepts he has saved the reshipping costs.

But if someone causes a re-run for not accepting an exchange results, he know that he will be banned, this happened me twice, in the same trade and for the same game, they declared that they had confused a game for another and the one they were getting was of a value much lower that the one they wanted, after the one they wanted had been removed from the offered ones. Once I had ended rerunning, I went to have a look, produced the image that you see at the end of this reply and asked how they made the mistake.

The other case in which I rerun the trade is when there is exchange of money for money, that is forbidden. In this cases I delete the request causing the wrong exchange, rerun the trade and go on as nothing had happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco T
Italy
Pavia - Lecce
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think that there should not be a re-run of the results.
Or if the user doesn't want to trade his wants list should be deleted and then banned.

However, there could be another solution: the user could say which is the unwanted trade and see if any user want that trade.
For example: he is trading 30 euros for game X, if someone is willing to give 30 euros for game X the problem is solved (but if the trade involves swapping 2 games then it's more difficult).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. G.
Lithuania
Vilnius
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

that's my question you're all discussing. Just to be clear: as I told Fabregus, I fully understand the situation and the mistake I made (although some descriptions could be more clear...). I'm not asking for the re-run only to solve my problem and I will do my shipping part of that trade, regardless of whether I take the game or not. My main question is: is it possible to exclude this "want" if there will be re-run for any other reason. It's relevant for the future trades also. That's it. Appreciate all the opinions expressed and upcoming.

Happy gaming.

Aurimas (Keisus)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Collins
France
Boisset les Montrond
Loire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistakes can happen to everyone.
It is clearly stated in the rules (that we agree upon entering a mathtrade) that we should double/triple check what we are asking for ; and if an error was made , we still have to comply.

This is a minor error ; the game can always be traded in another mathtrade, offered to a friend, sold on ebay, etc!

I've made mistakes too, just made me more picky and carefull in the following mathtrades.

Sure it's a pain having a game we don't understand ; but in the end it's just a game

I don't think a rerun is needed, but I'll trust your judgement Fabregus if you decide in a rerun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Leuven
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with your decision as well and find it the responsibility of the person that offers a game to give the right information (and therefore also the responsibility of the person that offers a game to deliver the game as described ...?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostantis Bamidis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmb
I also agree with the decision of the administrator.

There will indeed be problems if we, the traders, do not pay attention to the entries and not take responsibility.
Given that this entry was correct, the person selecting it should accept the result.
Otherwise, it could escalate.
e.g. I did not notice that the condition of the item was XXXX etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keisus wrote:
[...] I'm not asking for the re-run only to solve my problem and I will do my shipping part of that trade, regardless of whether I take the game or not. My main question is: is it possible to exclude this "want" if there will be re-run for any other reason. It's relevant for the future trades also. That's it. Appreciate all the opinions expressed and upcoming.[...]
Hi Aurimas,

I can tell you for sure that in case of a re-run, your request could be removed by an expert organizer, but it could require some working that the organizer would be really happy to avoid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Leal
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since last year I have been organizing the math trades in Portugal and I've had requests for fixes as you are currently having, after the results have been published.

The case you are talking about for me there is no reason to run a math trade again. The user should be aware when choosing an article he is willing to trade for his game, if the information was not 100% clear he should question the owner of that article to confirm his doubts.

If the article did not contain misleading information then the user will have to deal with the consequences of their mistake.

I give the example of a math trade that i organize where a user has posted an article "The Pillars of the Earth" but actually the article " Los Pilares de la Tierra: The card game "and that was another game, reasons like this could lead to running again a math trade where the aim is to safeguard the interests of math trade users.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made mistake (it was only a promo mth trade) twice. I was looking for King of Tokyo promo pack. 1st time I didn't see that it was French and only 4 cards, and 2nd time I didn't see it was 1st edition (I owe 2nd edition).
I learned that I must check the whole list twice. I just got what I got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas Retalis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again,

After taking into account all your opinions, I think that the best case scenario here is to accept and confirm the results.

Thanks everyone for discussing the issue, it is good for future trades that we were able to discuss the issue in that manner.

I encouraged Keisus to mention the game that we were talking about and maybe another user wants to buy or trade it.

Thank you everyone, you can now start trading normally!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you mark the results as official then and enable "Who wanted mine?"

Many thanks for stepping up and organizing this Math Trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabregus wrote:
Hello again,

After taking into account all your opinions, I think that the best case scenario here is to accept and confirm the results.

Thanks everyone for discussing the issue, it is good for future trades that we were able to discuss the issue in that manner.

I encouraged Keisus to mention the game that we were talking about and maybe another user wants to buy or trade it.

Thank you everyone, you can now start trading normally!

If Keisus might go to Essen this year he can try to sell it there, or find a trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas Retalis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I was just doing, thanks!

https://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid...

Do you now see "Who wanted mine"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabregus wrote:
This is what I was just doing, thanks!

https://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid...

Do you now see "Who wanted mine"?

Yes it works. Thank you for this math trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Collins
France
Boisset les Montrond
Loire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to thank Fabregus, for relaunching the EU Mathtrade after Dimitri's wonderfull work over the years.

You did well ! I hope you'll run the next one in a few months!
(now we've got to find someone te relaunch the french MT!)

Thanks also to all who participated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No-one has mentioned the poor trade percentage from this trade (I saw just over 7%). That seems down on previous MTs. Anyone got any thoughts why this was so low?

I had no trades from 20 entries. Not unusual, but I really thought that I was being pretty loose about some of my trade offers (accepting E15 for some games for example). Did many people not submit lists or was everyone being rather tighter this time around? Would be useful to have some idea to allow some reconsideration for the next European Trade.

And thanks to Fabregus for stepping up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Collins
France
Boisset les Montrond
Loire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look on olwlg and check who wanted your games. I just realized that simply no-body was interested in the games I had to offer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  |