Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
Its time to welcome you tooooooo, your reroll.

also AHHHHHHH, forgot to up earlier!!!! Help me pegheads, you got 48 hours before I record.

The next episode we will be reviewing Petrichor. Have you played it? Whats your thoughts? Remember if you add a comment below also include your rating with that comment!

Poll
1. Have you played Petrichor?
yes
no, but want to.
no, but would try if someone brought it out.
no and no desire to.
2. What is your BPPP rating of the game?
6 - Game Collection essential
3 - average game
0 - the worst.
      115 answers
Poll created by rookenoble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Petrichor was my albatross and I sadly sold it without playing. I Kickstarted it and brought it to half a dozen game nights, but no one was in the least bit interested in playing. Too bad too, it looks like a very nice game and the components are wonderful. I guess being a cloud isn’t a very appealing theme...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Hall
Australia
Croydon
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I kickstarted it then regretted it, and it sat on my shelf of shame for a long time.

But when we played it we greatly enjoyed it for it's meanness and interesting decisions.

It's pretty tactical and not that deep, but it fills a niche of a lightish take-that game with a quirky fun theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven’t played Petrichor, and to be honest, I probably won’t be getting around to it. I’ve been busy playing Hate. It’s a great game and well worth checking out for anyone who enjoys tactical mini skirmish games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Caveat: I helped playtest this game during production, so my views may be considered slightly biased.

I LOVE Petrichor (I won't go quite to the adore level though). The mix of double-area-control (on the main board and on the weather board) with varying scoring conditions per tile on the main board, plus having to work with whatever draw of cards you get in a round, makes this a fascinating strategic puzzle of a game to play. Because I did playtesting for it, I must have played it well over 60 times now, and I'm still happy to play it. The production is great, the artwork is stunning, the theme is wonderfully unique, and the gameplay is always fun. 5/6 for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohamad Sobh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game, one of my favorites is Dominant Species and as David has described Petrichor, it's DS-lite. I'd happily play it any time and it serves as a great step-up for players who'd like area control. The manipulation of your (and sometimes others') raindrops is fantastic, and the voting happening on the weather is a thing of beauty. The absence of a number of actions restriction is also something that's a plus in a game. Lastly, the art is great, looking forward to receiving all the expansions once the KS delivers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks guys

Thumb up