Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I started a Meetup in the Pasadena area about a month ago. The format is: I pick a game (or someone requests a game ahead of time), I schedule an event and whoever wants to come out to play, can. Events are typically midweek, so choosing the game ahead of time eliminates the bad feels and time wasted.

We've just finished week #8, and things are going swimmingly so far. The schedule is still settling into a routine, but once the current batch of scheduled games wraps up, I'm looking at Game Empire Pasadena once a week, and a remote spot once per week, rotated between Burbank, Glendale and Sherman Oaks.

So join on up, let's get some games played and make some new gaming friends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.K. Bentley
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Meet-up in Burbank / Pasadena, CA area
I'm definitely interested in something in the Sherman Oaks area. I'll keep in mind the 9/15 date in Burbank. Not sure I can make that one though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kent wrote:
I'm definitely interested in something in the Sherman Oaks area. I'll keep in mind the 9/15 date in Burbank. Not sure I can make that one though.

I know there is a Meetup that meets in Sherman Oaks on Friday nights at a store called Paper Heroes. The group is called Friday Night Board Gaming, I think. I'm not sure what I am going to do, personally, but it would be outside of what I am already doing midweek, either an additional midweek event or a weekend event with the same format.

If you do decide to do the Burbank event, let me know. I am limited in the # of spots and it is RSVP only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Frost
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm in the Pasadena area and would love to take part! Just moved to this area myself.

Sent you a request on the Meetup app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Meet-up in Northern L.A. area
Updated the OP with the new URL for the Meetup (we are now "Come Play!") and changed a few details. Also, bump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls