Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
Garbled Text?
badge
Who am I?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about getting a counter clipper for the chits in COIN games. What is the best size? I see 2, 2.5, and 3 mm radius. What's the best for this kind of thing? Does it even matter?

My chits are getting a little worn from use and starting to come up at the edges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
Microbadge: Casual wargamerMicrobadge: COIN fan Microbadge: Band of Brothers fanMicrobadge: Space Empires: 4X fanMicrobadge: Motörhead fan
Reimius wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a counter clipper for the chits in COIN games. What is the best size? I see 2, 2.5, and 3 mm radius. What's the best for this kind of thing? Does it even matter?

My chits are getting a little worn from use and starting to come up at the edges.
Very much personal preference. Personally I'm using a 2.5mm for all sizes of counters and like how it looks.

Take a look here for comparison pictures: https://boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/23638
None of them are of COIN game counters, but there are some with the same size included.

EDIT: Though I'm not sure how much clipping the counters will help with them coming apart at the edges. It might be able to press the corners together or cut off the part that's separating if it's only the corner (you'd probably want a 3mm for that since it takes more material off), but if they are coming apart anywhere except the very corners you are probably out of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
Garbled Text?
badge
Who am I?
mbmbmbmbmb
They're not really bad or anything. The fuzzy edges (from punching) bother me, and those that are coming apart aren't serious (only at the very edge). I just want to make them a little better.

The 2.5 mm examples look like what I want in the link you provided.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls