Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goldencamelThe golden Rulegoldencamel

"Mistakes happen. No matter what we try to do, they happen. Therefore what we need to do is this; if there is a problem, try to work things out. It is amazing how much making an effort to make things right helps. Please keep in contact with each other and try to make things right. Be responsible and accountable for your mistakes."

Oh, and PLEASE, take the time to verify that your description is accurate. That will save a tonne of trouble later. Even if you enter 50 games.

Condition descriptors:

1 New in shrink - the game is still brand new in shrink wrap

2 Used - The game is not in shrink

3 Worn - The game is damaged (i.e. Split box corner(s), torn board, etc)

Whitening of box corners or a creased rulebook are not considered damage. You must describe the damage that is present.

There will be no leftover trade this time around. Carnage994 will run the Virtual Flea Market after the trade.

So don't hold back with your wants in the main trade, it will be the only trade opportunity.

The 28th trade is underway today. The rules are as follows:

Key links
Montreal No-Ship math trade #28
Montreal Math Trade Request List

Trade Date & Location
Where: Randolph Pub: 6505 Rue Des Ecores
When: Saturday September 21st, 2019
Time: 10:30am ~ 11:30am (do not be late!)

The date and location will be confirmed this week.

Acceptable Items
Boardgames, Gift Certificates and cash offers, boardgame-related items, Video Games, and RPG items are all accepted. One miscellaneous offer (please check with me first). For any entry that is not a boardgame, use this item name : "Outside the scope of BGG".

Gift Certificates and cash
Minimum value of 10$. Cash & GCs are now considered like a sale, and are therefore subject to BGGs 3% commission. The person receiving the cash/GC is responsible for the 3%. Failure to comply with the BGG rules can result in repercussions for the trade going forward. If you get a gift certificate, please use this guide to follow BGG’s policy: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QrCXMWLh15_yMmZVZPl6cgQv...

Copies
You can use the "copies" option shown below to offer multiples copies of a gift card using this in the description box :
%Options%
Copies: ??
%End%

You cannot include cash/gift certificates in the wantlist of your own gift certificate. In other words, you cannot trade a $20 gift card for a $40 gift card. This list is to trade games, not make a profit.

List of banned users
Users who do not follow these rules or who behave disrespectfully will be suspended from this and future trades. If you do have an issue with one of your trades, please keep me informed.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Lafond
Canada
Beloeil
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

A few Math Trades ago, maybe 2-3 years ago, I traded my almost new copy of Spartacus but it did not have an insert.

I have very recently found said black plastic insert so poke me if you think you have obtained my game in a previous Math Trade. I will bring the insert when we get together at this fall's trade.

I realize you may not even be the original trader and it may not be my game either that you own but I guess it will be first come first serve.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the trade day doesn’t happen the first Saturday in October, I’m 100% on board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Daraiche
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No leftovers trade this time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the original post:

willythesnitch wrote:

There will be no leftover trade this time around. Carnage994 will run the Virtual Flea Market after the trade.

So don't hold back with your wants in the main trade, it will be the only trade opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does somebody know how to add alternate names, my item is not catalogued yet in BGG and I want to title to appear in the OLWLG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Serial Bus
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
USB Certified
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larienna wrote:
Does somebody know how to add alternate names, my item is not catalogued yet in BGG and I want to title to appear in the OLWLG.

This thread is super handy: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-dummies

If you don't want the long-winded explanation it has, just put this at the bottom of your post:

+altname+ Some alternative name –altname-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Daraiche
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:

Will it be the same for all future math trades from now on or is it only because we're a little late on the schedule compared to past years?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
publicsd wrote:
willythesnitch wrote:

Will it be the same for all future math trades from now on or is it only because we're a little late on the schedule compared to past years?

Nope, it'll be back in the spring.

Spring has leftovers, fall does not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:
publicsd wrote:
willythesnitch wrote:

Nope, it'll be back in the spring.

Spring has leftovers, fall does not.

Although calling a February trade "spring" may be pushing it a little bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’d still like to see a tri-annual trade. February, June, & October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Just a suggestion:

Maybe you can have a 3rd trade where it can only be expansive games. For example, the retail cost of the game is 100$ or more.

There will be less participant, but it would be a fair for trading big games. And people who are heavy traders are most likely to benefit from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Brodeur-Leduc
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larienna wrote:
Quote:

Just a suggestion:

Maybe you can have a 3rd trade where it can only be expansive games. For example, the retail cost of the game is 100$ or more.

There will be less participant, but it would be a fair for trading big games. And people who are heavy traders are most likely to benefit from it.

If you feel a lot of people are looking for this to happen, I suggest you start this mathtrade yourself. Why not?

Personally, I wouldn't participate because I have no games worth that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Poirier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Math trade newbie here.

Can't seem to be able to find an answer to this question:
When editing my Wants list, if I check multiple boxes from my games, am I stating that I would trade "All of them" for that item, or "Any one of them"?

For example, I have put Game.A and Game.B on the list already. I'm interested in Game.X so I add it to my want list. When editing my want list and checking Game.A and Game.B, am I offering both games or either one of them?

Thanks a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the MathTrade!
Quick answer : Either one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a clearer answer, you're saying you would trade it for either game, not both. All trades are one listing for one listing.

You can't guarantee what you'll get. A good rule of thumb is to figure that if you say you're willing to trade your game for any of five others, expect that it'll trade for the one you're least interested in of those five. That's to say, make sure all the pairings you make are trades you'll be happy with. I usually find it's better to get no trade than one I don't like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Poirier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a bunch guys, much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Notre-Dame- de-l'Île- Perrot
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
why dont i see when the dates and times are for each bit to finish? did i miss a link?
scratch that.. i see it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I have just updated the original post with the following information:

The trade will take place on Saturday, September 21st, from 10:30 - 11:30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Beaulieu
Canada
Verdun
Quebec
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!
badge
Take the power back!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a junk/trash games drop-off as it sometimes happens? I don't remember the real name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember who organised it last year. It was not me. Not sure if he is willing to do it again.

I could make a another survey to judge the amount of games to be dropped on the table.

I can use the order of arrival method (old) or the lottery max 5 games method (new). I don't really mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My company is always looking for more children and teen friendly games, even ones that are missing pieces.
If you have a bunch you would like to get rid of, please let me know. All donations are welcome. I can also offer compensation if their is value to the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpin wrote:
My company is always looking for more children and teen friendly games, even ones that are missing pieces.
If you have a bunch you would like to get rid of, please let me know. All donations are welcome. I can also offer compensation if their is value to the games.

Could you go into more detail about what your company does? I have a eurogame, Gloria Mundi, that I have been trying to pass on but would like some compensation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure Daniel.
We run board game activities in schools, mostly elementary. Extracurricular, ped days, in class, family game nights, etc.
While I don’t think Gloria Mundi would be a good fit for us, I’m also looking for game components to use on our design program.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up:

Once we start entering gift cards/cash today, if you are entering multiple copies of the same value, please use the %copies% option so we don’t have a ridiculous number of offers of the same amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |