United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 geek gold, and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I will be in Orland, CA for ten days starting September 23rd. Work will fill my days, but I anticipate being free in the evenings. Are there any local(ish) game clubs in the area?

I am a fairly well rounded gamer, I think; I play a lot of Kinizia titles, as well as most of the old Avalon Hill multi-player games.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Corning
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a group of us that meets on Monday nights from 6-11pm in Chico (about 20 miles/25 minutes east of Orland). We usually have 6-14 people, and we tend toward having a lot of newer games—Scythe, Terraforming Mars, Spirit Island, 7 Wonders and more have all been played recently.

The only Knizia game I've played is Quest for El Dorado, so I'm not that familiar with his games.

We meet at a pizza place, but our location may be changing in mid or late September, so I can't guarantee where we will be yet at the end of September.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Youells
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scotfree2 wrote:
There is a group of us that meets on Monday nights from 6-11pm in Chico (about 20 miles/25 minutes east of Orland). We usually have 6-14 people, and we tend toward having a lot of newer games—Scythe, Terraforming Mars, Spirit Island, 7 Wonders and more have all been played recently.

The only Knizia game I've played is Quest for El Dorado, so I'm not that familiar with his games.

We meet at a pizza place, but our location may be changing in mid or late September, so I can't guarantee where we will be yet at the end of September.

Is this the Meetup group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Corning
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, that is the same group (Chico Board Game Gathering)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Youells
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb