Subject: 1PG Too Many Bones - September 2019 Orbs of September Challenge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Schachtner
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
I like to play games solo or over hangouts.
badge
Nothing to see here, madness.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the September 2019 Community Challenge. How to use this Challenge, you simply pull out the encounter cards and place them in order of days on the adventure deck and begin your adventure against the selected tyrant. This challenge features Gendricks from the Base Set and Vol'Kesh from Undertow and is a Party gearloc challenge. Play either of them or for a double challenge, both of them.

In the instance of special encounter cards which mix in special encounters, you have one of two options: 1) simply replace one of the encounters at your choice with the special encounter, or 2) roll a d6, and in that many days you may replace the scripted encounter for the special encounter. Either way, you will never be required to use the special encounter. Loot is still completely random as well as the Baddie Queues.

I am encouraging people to post their gearloc builds to this post.

Happy Adventuring.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XEPoecHvWUdnkBVwAlYixCdl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 1PG Too Many Games - September 2019 Orbs of September Challenge
May want to put that it's Too Many Bones in the subject. I had no idea what game you were talking about until the end of the 1st paragraph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marit Alanen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yay! I don't have the base game (yet -- it'll be coming with the latest Kickstarter), so I've only been able to play one challenge recently when Undertow was featured (I believe in May).

I also haven't tried playing more than one Gearlock in a game either -- this'll be an interesting challenge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Bold move posting a challenge without naming the game it’s for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
Bruiser419 wrote:
May want to put that it's Too Many Bones in the subject. I had no idea what game you were talking about until the end of the 1st paragraph.
I thought it was some kind of multi-game challenge until I read this post, to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schachtner
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
I like to play games solo or over hangouts.
badge
Nothing to see here, madness.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a Multi-Game challenge. There is one for Too Many Bones: Base Set and one for Too Many Bones: Undertow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia G
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my attempt for the September 2019 Challenge. As usual I choose two gearlocs to go for Gendricks. So Ghillie and Picket went out to save the world.

Day 3

They decided to hire the Mohlnors in order to cross the silbron.It should show up, that this was not the best idea. In order to fill in the special encounter I rolled a dice and achieved a 1. Yeah thus

Day 4 Mohlnor Trader

Here they decided to fight against the traders, which is at the beginning of the game very tough due to the hp lost.

This is what came out of the battle queue:

There was an Orc Breaker with raiding and two other orcs! Beatiful. Ghillie managed to get the Orc Breaker away with brute buster, so that he could not attack in the first turn. Next turn he managed to kill him with double damage. Luckily this encounter was won.

I tried to skill Ghillie as pure damage dealer and Picket as pure tank.

Day 5 Never trust a dancer in the wood

The option beat em with your hands tied behind our backs was chosen, since there were not so many attack dices skilled at this moment.
The biggest issue here was a stone golem. It was defeated through a nice shield bash from Picket.

Day 6 A prickly encounter

The gearlocs set fire to the thicket and all baddies gained 2 damage each round. This round was especially hard, because of the 20 pt baddie, which was a golden golem. Picket tanked for about 4 rounds and got ko'd. In the 5th round, ghillie managed to kill the golem with double damage.

Until here it seemed to be a very successful adventure. The bad luck started with

Day 7 a chance encounter

Being greedy the lockpick challenge was chosen and lost.

Day 8 It's a trap

Here they couldn't disarm the trap and ghille started with 3 hp loss. A kobold elite with compound killed both in round 4 and 5.

Day 9 Sticks and stones

They split up to find the thieves. There were two buddies with poison and one with compound. The only way to survive was to roll a redshirt shield in round 3, so that picket could tank the damage for ghillie. He rolled a bone and the encounter was again lost

So here is the point where one achievement is missing to encounter the tyrant. Considering the rules the game is lost.

I am asking me now: Why is there an encounter in day 10, when I have anyway to face the tyrant on that day?

Here are the final builds

Once more the challenge was great. Thank you very much for hosting .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan R
United States
Georgetown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Ron for the challenge. This one was tough and took me two attempt to complete.

Here are my builds:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls