Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the no shipping math trade for visitors of the Internationale Spieltage SPIEL'19 (24.10.2019 - 27.10.2019) in Essen.

Please use this thread for all non item-specific discussions as well as for general questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.

The trade list including all the rules can be found here:
Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping 2nd leftovers math trade

There is a request list where you can add games that you would like to see offered in this trade:
Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade request list

If you don't want to keep up with this discussion thread, please subscribe to the announcement thread in order not to miss any important information:
Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade announcement thread

Quick overview for returning traders:

- What parts of the rules changed compared to last year?
Nothing except the dates for the trade and the meeting place at SPIEL.

- Will there be a leftovers trade?
Possibly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gufotriste
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you,
I wait ALL The year For This MATH trade!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
Oh boy, here we go again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Praise the sun!

There go another dozen hours of my life...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gufotriste wrote:
Thank you,
I wait ALL The year For This MATH trade!!!!
Same! Happy trading all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lampadius
Germany
Kochel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, same awesome procedure as every year!

One thing I noticed when using both the "OLWLG" and the "Auction list entry tool": they seem to be not compatible and so the "OLWLG" depict most of the information in links.

I don't care a lot about it, but just wanted to mention it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
General Math Trade meeting in Hall 7? Not at the entrance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
General Math Trade meeting in Hall 7? Not at the entrance?
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So would you guys rather have one big Time Stories package with 5 expansions, or should I put it all on seperately? I feel like I'd rather trade for one big or hot game, than to trade for a whole bunch of smaller ones. Thoughts?

-Edit- thinking about it, it'll depend on what I want as well. So perhaps I should just put both 'versions' up and depending on my want list I can decide then to trade the package deal or check a couple of expansions as trades seperately. Just gotta make sure I don't end up having to trade both, which would be impossible... Feedback on this conundrum would still be welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
Depends on your wantlist, but generally I would bundle it. If you're trying to get rid of it, giving away some pieces and keeping some just makes each trade harder and harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yorickh wrote:
So would you guys rather have one big Time Stories package with 5 expansions

I can see both ways working out. Putting all on one is great for those who know the game from a friend or a con and are looking for a good opportunity to score a nice collection.

On the other hand I am finding myself in the opposite camp with another game. I'd love to complete my collection for Thunderstone. I already have the base game from my first MT, a basegame and two expansions from an auction one or two years later. I would love the opportunity to snag what I'm still missing without having to trade away ANOTHER duplicate.

But from your side: If you want to get rid of it all or are looking to score something larger in return then definitely offer it in a package. If you don't mind trading/selling the remainder away individually then and have a bunch of smaller wants then offering the expansions separately might work out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
How does it works when you offer more games with different values.
For example offering A and B
You add 2 games to your wishlist C and D but you whould like to get C for A and D for B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:
You add 2 games to your wishlist C and D but you whould like to get C for A and D for B.

There is no such things as inherit value. It all comes down to what you are willing to trade for what.

If you offer Gloomhaven and happily trade that away for Bohnanza, then that's up to you.

When you add games to your wish list, you decide what you would be willing to give away for that.

Here's a good resource that should answer most of your questions: https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete & SO
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:
How does it works when you offer more games with different values. For example offering A and B. You add 2 games to your wishlist C and D but you whould like to get C for A and D for B.
Here is another interesting thread ("Math Trade Walkthrough/FAQ for newbies"): https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181401/math-trade-walkthr... , and I also strongly recommend rahdo's vidoes.

Also, it is advisable to only start with a few games in the first trade in order to keep a better overview and to get used to the whole procedure.

... and yes, it does take time to get acquainted (and even more to get familiar) with how it works, but I found it worth the while ... also, you should read the rules carefully as well, because the trade loops rely on everyone accepting the results as binding, even if one has made a mistake and/or regrets having made a certain trade (which you agree to by submitting your want list). Therefore, consider following tip # 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:

The value of your games is determined by their tradability not by your feelings.

If you truly would ONLY be willing to part with A if you get C and only with B if you get D then you should set up your want lists like that and hope for the best. Otherwise you need to accept that you have very little control over which games you actually get. But the MT is generally resolved with max trades in mind so the algorithm will try to trade both your games A and B (giving you C and D). But there have to be matching counteroffers in the other wantlists. If it can give your game B into a trade circle that ends with you getting game D but only results in one additional trade then that is likely going to lose out on a trade cricle that takes game B from another user and can involve 4 more games before returning to that user with a different game.

In my experience your scenario is a very strange setup anyway. Generally I have a distinct progression in "trading willingness" in the games I would like to give away. If I have two games and want two games there's always one Want that I would be willing to give either Have and one Want that really only warrants handing in a particular Have but not the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Ehresmann
Germany
Haan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey,
short question: stumbled upon the trade. in the last years I`ve always been informed by geekmail. This year that was not the case. Is there any possibility to "subscribe" the yearly mathtrade geekmails?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Easiest is to subscribe to the announcement thread. Benjamin will post there if the new trade has started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larse wrote:
Hey,
short question: stumbled upon the trade. in the last years I`ve always been informed by geekmail. This year that was not the case. Is there any possibility to "subscribe" the yearly mathtrade geekmails?
There is an official MT announcement thread. The disadvantage of it is that you'll get subscription pings for *every* MT going on throughout the year.

I'd just start watching the Essen forum when August comes around and you should see the announcement eventually. Or toggle your subscription to the announcement thread before and after Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larse wrote:
Hey,
My GeekMail subscription list migrated to the shared German Math Trade account, this is probably why I forgot about the mailing list this year. I will catch up on that, thanks for the reminder!
I recommend subscribing to this discussion thread or the Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade announcement thread to be notified next year - I always post in both of last year's threads and after SPIEL they are dead anyway so they won't bother you with anything else for 11 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I was looking for this in the Essen forums!
I nearly would have missed it. I think you should consider announcing it in the Essen forums for first-time participants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
This is the discussion thread for the no shipping math trade for visitors of the Internationale Spieltage SPIEL'19 (24.10.2019 - 27.10.2019) in Essen.
[...]
- Will there be a leftovers trade?
Possibly.
Due to my experience with the Leftovers rounds of the Italian Math Trades and the time passing through the end of this trade (21.09.2019) and the start of the SPIEL in Essen (24.10.2019) I think that you could consider doing a couple of LeftOvers rounds as presented by JeffyJeff in the thread New functionality: Leftovers Math Trades using same geeklist & users wants data. It work well, and since this Italian Math Trade I made it a standard feature. This evening, once the results will be confirmed, I will open the geeklist for three more days of offers up-load and then they participants will insert their want lists and I will re-run the trade maximizer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Which of your games would you trade for ....

But my listed games don't show up to select

i guess it is not updated yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:
Which of your games would you trade for ....

But my listed games don't show up to select

i guess it is not updated yet

Correct, it has to be synchronised manually by the Maths Trade organiser. He normally does this once a day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maël Brustlein
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

This year I grouped a bunch of games together, for instance here and there. Do you think that makes any sense?

Also, any OLWLG-related suggestions to highlight these sweeteners?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is locked now. You will be able to submit your want lists soon after the final resync of OLWLG.

Do not delete items from the trade list anymore!

Comments on trade list items are still enabled to ask and answer questions. But remember that these will not show up in OLWLG anymore. At this point all the important information should be included in your item descriptions. If you are not able to deliver an item as advertised in the item description, you have to withdraw that item from the trade (i.e. submit an empty want list for it).

My usual advice for creating good want lists: Assume that each of your own items will trade for your least favourite item on its respective want list. If that would still make you happy, then your want lists are fine. If not, delete those least favourite items from your want lists and start over with this tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] |