Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, shucks.
I only just came back from my holiday and I overlooked that the deadline for adding items was today 13:00 instead of the end of today (midnight).

That's unfortunate.

One more time, as feedback: I do wish this trade had been announced in the Essen forums in some way, then I would not only have seen it a few days ago during my holiday and could have participated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
Aw, shucks.
I only just came back from my holiday and I overlooked that the deadline for adding items was today 13:00 instead of the end of today (midnight).

That's unfortunate. :(

One more time, as feedback: I do wish this trade had been announced in the Essen forums in some way, then I would not only have seen it a few days ago during my holiday and could have participated.
Don't worry, there will most likely be a leftovers trade following this one.

Regarding the announcement in the Essen forum: I did that a few years ago and got a slap on the wrist. Advertisements for trades are not allowed outside the trade forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoann
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
Aw, shucks.

That's unfortunate.

Arf, same punition for me, I believed that I still have some time to "migrate" my games from auction to math trade.

I guess I didn't participate last year and I miss the start info.

Anyway, I will look for leftover one if I manage some time to participate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheeper wrote:
cuazzel wrote:
This is the discussion thread for the no shipping math trade for visitors of the Internationale Spieltage SPIEL'19 (24.10.2019 - 27.10.2019) in Essen.
[...]
- Will there be a leftovers trade?
Possibly.
Due to my experience with the Leftovers rounds of the Italian Math Trades and the time passing through the end of this trade (21.09.2019) and the start of the SPIEL in Essen (24.10.2019) I think that you could consider doing a couple of LeftOvers rounds as presented by JeffyJeff in the thread New functionality: Leftovers Math Trades using same geeklist & users wants data. It work well, and since this Italian Math Trade I made it a standard feature. This evening, once the results will be confirmed, I will open the geeklist for three more days of offers up-load and then they participants will insert their want lists and I will re-run the trade maximizer.
This is indeed what I am planning to try out this year. Thanks for your reassuring input and also for the testing you did (I was monitoring that thread over the past year :)).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
BlackSheeper wrote:
cuazzel wrote:
This is the discussion thread for the no shipping math trade for visitors of the Internationale Spieltage SPIEL'19 (24.10.2019 - 27.10.2019) in Essen.
[...]
- Will there be a leftovers trade?
Possibly.
Due to my experience with the Leftovers rounds of the Italian Math Trades and the time passing through the end of this trade (21.09.2019) and the start of the SPIEL in Essen (24.10.2019) I think that you could consider doing a couple of LeftOvers rounds as presented by JeffyJeff in the thread New functionality: Leftovers Math Trades using same geeklist & users wants data. It work well, and since this Italian Math Trade I made it a standard feature. This evening, once the results will be confirmed, I will open the geeklist for three more days of offers up-load and then they participants will insert their want lists and I will re-run the trade maximizer.
This is indeed what I am planning to try out this year. Thanks for your reassuring input and also for the testing you did (I was monitoring that thread over the past year ).
My pleasure, much more since I'm just running the leftovers for Italian Math Trade of September. It is the second time that I've the time to run it, but in April it run with no problems, but people getting used to it.
If you want I can list some of the 'problems' encountered so far.
Edit: Lucas/smithlucas took part in that math trade, you can ask him his impressions with no language problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that the official Essen SPIEL no shipping Math Trade meeting has been moved to 3 pm daily in hall 7.

I had hoped to have an announcement before the item deadline but communication with Messe Essen through Friedhelm Merz Verlag takes some time. On the upside this meeting is now officially supported by Friedhelm Merz Verlag and Messe Essen.

Regarding the exact meeting spot, "hall 7" is all we know so far. I will keep you updated if any additional information becomes available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
3pm... that means I definitely cannot make it on Friday. Can't change my item descriptions now. Hope it doesn't cause too much trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we can manage to handle problems that wil arise by the new time with some muling efforts between the participants. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H
Germany
Duesseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes, that means five hours of lugging things around for those of us without cars or other ways to store items. Arriving at 12 on opening day and then hoping some things won't be sold out yet was doable, I think 3 is a considerably worse proposal in that regard.

I know this is out of your hands and it's either this or nothing official at all, and I am probably in a tiny minority here. Still, it's a significant new barrier. soblue

Thanks for letting us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
pushing_cardboard wrote:
Yikes, that means five hours of lugging things around for those of us without cars or other ways to store items.

But wouldn't you normally give one game and get one game? So disregarding the cases where you trade games for money you the point of time shouldn't matter regarding the number of games you carry...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TermiGator wrote:
pushing_cardboard wrote:
Yikes, that means five hours of lugging things around for those of us without cars or other ways to store items.

But wouldn't you normally give one game and get one game? So disregarding the cases where you trade games for money you the point of time shouldn't matter regarding the number of games you carry...

Auction items are handed over at the MT too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H
Germany
Duesseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TermiGator wrote:
pushing_cardboard wrote:

In my experience, I usually get at least a few cash trades, thus bringing a game I won't receive anything physical for, plus a lot of the time the games I put on my want list are smaller than what I trade away. Again, I'm probably in the minority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
While individual experiences may differ of course, on average the load will stay the same (since, collectively, all people are bringing as many and as heavy games as they're taking away)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete & SO
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
While individual experiences may differ of course, on average the load will stay the same (since, collectively, all people are bringing as many and as heavy games as they're taking away)
Hee hee laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know which is the best way to carry all the games to and from a car to the trading spot?
It was easy when it was outside, but now we have to carry everything through the halls, don't we?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Götz Gunther
Germany
Bünde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cervantez wrote:
Does anybody know which is the best way to carry all the games to and from a car to the trading spot?
It was easy when it was outside, but now we have to carry everything through the halls, don't we?

That's how I did it the last years, on my shiny Klappkarre
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Through the crowded halls? With that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Götz Gunther
Germany
Bünde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cervantez wrote:

Of course, much better than carrying all the games in uncomfortable blue Ikea-bags

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete & SO
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waulmurf wrote:
Cervantez wrote:

Of course, much better than carrying all the games in uncomfortable blue Ikea-bags
For us, it worked best when we combined such a sack truck with IKEA bags and one folding box at the base (way better than rucksacks & bags).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody experience with placing a bag (full of games) at the cloakroom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cervantez wrote:
I don't have an exact floor plan but if you enter from Entrance East there is only the unused hall 8 to pass before you reach hall 7. Shouldn't be too much trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lampadius
Germany
Kochel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fullmoon wrote:
Has anybody experience with placing a bag (full of games) at the cloakroom?

Yes, I did that in the past and the staff at the cloakroom was really friendly and helpful. Be polite and have a chit-chat ...
On the other hand: if too many of us store their games there it could be too much for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
waulmurf wrote:
Cervantez wrote:

That's how I did it the last years, on my shiny Klappkarre

My shins hate you with the force of a thousand bruises. That is, unless you are the one single person who looks at what they're doing and doesn't randomly reverse. If you are, stay away from Voldemort, because we both know you're actually a unicorn

That said, I use an Ikea bag and ram it into the torsos of whomever foolishly crosses my path, just as god intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mosch wrote:
That said, I use an Ikea bag and ram it into the torsos of whomever foolishly crosses my path, just as god intended.

I'm to kind for smashing and ramming other Spiel guests, so I roll my big trolley behind me - something like this:

But on the other hand: I'm not responsible for inattentive Spiel guests who neglect my bright green trolley, parked at a side, along an aisle or a wall, and who are stumbling and trying to persist their balance after their close-encounter... just as god intended... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Ok so if go to edit my want list i see boxes in where you kind put a number in it (in red). What does that amount stands for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] |