Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the announcement thread for the no shipping math trade for visitors of the Internationale Spieltage SPIEL'19 (24.10.2019 - 27.10.2019) in Essen.

Please do not post in this thread!

This thread will provide announcements, updates, reminders, and other important information regarding the Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade.

The idea is that only the organizer account posts in this thread to keep it limited to relevant information. If you don't want to keep up with the discussion thread, subscribe to this thread instead and it will provide you with all the important information (and not much more than that).

All information provided here will be mirrored in the Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade discussion thread to allow for questions and comments over there.

The trade list including all the rules can be found here:
Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping 2nd leftovers math trade

There is a request list where you can add games that you would like to see offered in this trade:
Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade request list

Please use the discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat:
Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade discussion thread

Please do not post in this thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is locked now. You will be able to submit your want lists soon after the final resync of OLWLG.

Do not delete items from the trade list anymore!

Comments on trade list items are still enabled to ask and answer questions. But remember that these will not show up in OLWLG anymore. At this point all the important information should be included in your item descriptions. If you are not able to deliver an item as advertised in the item description, you have to withdraw that item from the trade (i.e. submit an empty want list for it).

My usual advice for creating good want lists: Assume that each of your own items will trade for your least favourite item on its respective want list. If that would still make you happy, then your want lists are fine. If not, delete those least favourite items from your want lists and start over with this tip.

Please do not post in this thread. Instead, use the Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that the official Essen SPIEL no shipping Math Trade meeting has been moved to 3 pm daily in hall 7.

I had hoped to have an announcement before the item deadline but communication with Messe Essen through Friedhelm Merz Verlag takes some time. On the upside this meeting is now officially supported by Friedhelm Merz Verlag and Messe Essen.

Regarding the exact meeting spot, "hall 7" is all we know so far. I will keep you updated if any additional information becomes available.

Please do not post in this thread. Instead, use the Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, we have a more precise plan for our Math Trade spot!

The official daily Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping Math Trade meeting will take place at 15:00 (3 pm) in hall 7 at the area marked in the images below. Times are CEST/UTC+2 for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and CET/UTC+1 for Sunday.

Entrance East will be open to enter through the otherwise unused hall 8 so you probably won't have to move your stuff too far through the crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Announcement about the upcoming Leftovers Trade:

For those new to this event: A "Leftovers Trade" is just a second Math Trade. Sure, it is meant to get rid of your leftovers from the first trade but of course you can enter as many new items as you like. You can also join without having participated in the "original" trade.

This year, I plan to try out a new feature that allows us to re-use the existing trade list, want lists, dummy items etc. for the leftovers trade(s). Basically, the existing trade list will be opened up again for new additions and modifications and your existing want lists and dummy items will carry over to the leftovers trade. Previously traded items will be ignored by OLWLG so they can not trade again. Partially traded items (using the COPIES option) will have to be edited to become active again. You can read more about it on the previously linked thread New functionality: Leftovers Math Trades using same geeklist & users wants data. We will figure out all implications of this as we go along and I hope that most of you will join this experiment as it might save a lot of time and effort compared to the previous method of doing leftover trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder: The want lists for the Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade have to be submitted by today 13:00 CEST/UTC+2.

If at this point your lists are missing or have been modified after your last submission you will also find a reminder in your GeekMail inbox.

A few more useful things to do and check:

+ Check the availability of the items on your want lists at SPIEL'19. Will you be able to collect them?

+ Check the language of the items on your want lists.

+ Use duplicate protection if you don't want to end up with multiple copies of the same game.

+ If you posted money offers, remove all other money offers from their respective want lists.

+ Check OLWLG for warnings and notifications regarding your items and want lists and check for highlighted lines in the table view. Investigate these issues.

+ Remember that it is not enough to save your lists in OLWLG by clicking "Confirm Changes" in Step 4. Your also need to submit your lists by clicking "How to Submit Your Lists" followed by "Submit My Wants". You will receive a confirmation GeekMail from OLWLG. The same is true if you already submitted your lists but made changes afterwards: You will have to submit your modified set of lists and you will receive an updated confirmation GeekMail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how things will work today: I will end the want list submission period at 13:00 CEST/UTC+2. After that I am going to check my GeekMails and the discussion thread to see if anything important has come up regarding the trade. If everything seems to be in order, I will start the magic trade machinery to produce the first set of results. I am going to try out some OLWLG features that I have not used before so please have a little patience.

Important: I will upload the first results to OLWLG right away to check for money arbitrage. OLWLG has a built-in function for doing that. It is likely that someone will have forgotten about money arbitrage and these want lists will have to be removed. Therefore, a revised set of results is to be expected within the first couple of minutes after the very first results upload. Please wait until you read a message from me (not OLWLG) saying that the results have been uploaded (via GeekMail, announcement thread or discussion thread). The very first results are probably not going to last for more than 15 minutes. Don't bother reading them.

One more thing to avoid unnecessary GeekMails: After the results upload, OLWLG may say "Ask cuazzel to upload the official WANTS for the "most wanted" and "who wanted mine" tools to be available for this MT". Please don't. I will upload the want lists when the results are confirmed, i.e. 24 hours after the final results have been posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The preliminary results are up!

This is the 2nd version of the results since a few want lists had to be omitted due to accidental money arbitrage.
If you opened any of the results pages before reading this, please force a reload of those browser tabs now.

You should now find a set of new links in OLWLG, one of them being results summary. It will take you to the results.

Important: These are still preliminary results. Check your results for possible errors within the next 24 hours and geekmail me directly if there seems to be anything wrong.

Reminder: Mistakes you made by checking the wrong boxes while creating your want lists do not warrant a rerun of the trade and can not be corrected. By adding an item to one of your want lists you agreed to accept it in exchange for your respective item as stated in the rules.

Please do not ask me to upload the WANTS to OLWLG. I will do this once the results are confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick notice that I am still in touch with some users and the confirmation will most likely take longer than 2 pm today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The REVISED preliminary results are up!

This is the 2nd version of the results.

All links are the same as before: results summary.

Make sure to reload your open browser tabs to see the revised results.

Please check the new results for possible errors within the next 24 hours and geekmail me directly if there seems to be anything wrong.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll provide some explanation later.

Please do not ask me to upload the WANTS to OLWLG. I will do this once the results are confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The results are confirmed. Happy trading!

Remember that using the BGG Trade Manager is encouraged and that cash trades are considered sales and have to go through the BGG marketplace.

Stay tuned for the Leftovers Trade coming up in a few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping 2nd leftovers math trade is up!

A second chance for your unwanted stuff! But be quick, it's only running for a few days.

The trade list and threads are still the same:
Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade announcement thread

For those new to this event: A "Leftovers Trade" is just a second Math Trade. It is meant to get rid of your leftovers from the first trade but you can enter as many new items as you like. Of course, you can also join without having participated in the "original" trade.

This year I am trying out a new feature that allows us to re-use this trade list meaning it is now open for new additions and modifications again. Your existing want lists and dummy items in OLWLG will automatically carry over to the leftovers trade. Previously traded items will be ignored by OLWLG so they can not trade again. Partially traded items (using the COPIES option) will have to be edited to become active again. Since I am trying this out for the first time, I have no written warnings, recommendations and instructions yet. We'll have to figure out everything as we go along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As most of you should have noticed by now, we are trying out a new feature that allows us to re-use the original trade list as well as the exiting want lists and duplicate protection (aka dummy) items for the leftovers math trade.

You can read more about the new functionality in this thread:
New functionality: Leftovers Math Trades using same geeklist & users wants data
If you need to learn more about the mentioned COPIES function please refer to
How to Offer Multiple Identical Copies/Bundles

To illustrate how things like traded items, partly traded items and duplicate protection items work in the new leftovers trade system, I will give you a short overview in which we follow one item from the main trade to the leftovers trade. I picked the item "Flick'em Up: Dead of Winter" from user spellen.

This is the item in my OLWLG Step 4 table view of the main trade:

You can see that the item is included in a "Flick'em Up: Dead of Winter" duplicate protection item together with two other "Flick'em Up: Dead of Winter" items by users nomak and Imagine.

To check if an item has used the COPIES function in the main trade, the best way seems to be to have a look at the original WANTS of the main trade. The link to this file is provided by OLWLG:

https://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/261022-officialwants.txt

In this file you'll find our item listed like this:

7146435-COPY1 ==> 276. "Flick 'em Up!: Dead of Winter" (from spellen) [copy 1 of 2]
7146435-COPY2 ==> 276. "Flick 'em Up!: Dead of Winter" (from spellen) [copy 2 of 2]

The -COPY1 and -COPY2 additions to the item number as well as the [copy 1 of 2] and [copy 1 of 2] info tell us that there were 2 copies of this item in the main trade.

If you check the results of the main trade, you will find that 1 of these 2 copies has been traded:

https://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid...

With one copy traded and one copy still available, our item shows up in the leftovers trade as a partly traded item.

This is the item in my OLWLG Step 4 table view of the leftovers trade:

Compare that with the OLWLG Step 4 table view of the main trade above and you will notice:

1. The "Flick'em Up: Dead of Winter" item from user Imagine has been traded so it does not show up anymore and is ignored by OLWLG.

2. The "Flick'em Up: Dead of Winter" item from user nomak is still available so it shows up in the same way as before.

3. The "Flick'em Up: Dead of Winter" item from user spellen is marked with a blue "Partly" sign indicating that this is a partly traded item. It is potentially available but will be ignored by OLWLG until it is edited by its owner to adjust the number of remaining copies. You'll also notice that title and item description are not displayed as long as it is being ignored by OLWLG. The item link will however take you to the current version of the item in the trade list.

At this point is it worth mentioning that I am actually the one who received the traded "Flick'em Up: Dead of Winter" item from user Imagine in the main trade. The item itself is removed by OLWLG and can not be traded again. However, my duplicate protection item with the remaining "Flick'em Up: Dead of Winter" items still exists with my remaining wants still active:

So far this is the only case where you'll need to pay some extra attention: Duplicate protection items currently only work per trade. While the duplicate protection item itself carries over to the leftovers trade, OLWLG does not (yet) uncheck your wants. So you may end up with one copy of a game from the main trade and a second copy from the same duplicate protection item from the leftovers trade.

Back to our monitored "Flick'em Up: Dead of Winter" item from user spellen. Having a look at the original trade list item on BGG we notice that the item has meanwhile been edited by spellen. The COPIES function has been removed turning it into a normal "single copy" item:

After the next OLWLG re-sync (remember that OLWLG has to be re-synced with the actual trade list manually from time to time) the item shows up as a normal item again:

Note that I also edited four of my own COPIES-items in the meantime so the number of item columns in my OLWLG Step 4 table view has correspondingly increased from 7 to 11.

Important: Each item using the COPIES function becomes active and available for trade again if you edit it. Make sure to adjust those items to the number of copies that are actually left available. Items that traded completely do not become available for trade again by editing them. Should you want to re-activate such an item you will have to enter it as a new item.

The following is the same as in every other trade before but seems worth mentioning again at this point:

If an item on your want lists has been edited by its owner, OLWLG will notify you by displaying this bright yellow notice on top of your OLWLG Step 4 table view:

You can follow the link to view a side by side comparison of the old and new item descriptions. In addition, each edited item in your table will be flagged with this orange sign:

If an item has been deleted from the trade list, it will show up completely empty without any sign or description:

It is not necessary to remove a deleted item from your wants since it doesn't exist anymore but if you want to get rid of the line in your table view you can type "delete" into the value box (see image above) and it will be gone after your next "Confirm Changes". Note that this only works for real items, it is not (yet) possible to remove duplicate protection item lines from your table view. (Duplicate protection item columns can be hidden by using the "in step 4 hide by default the columns for your dummy items" profile option in OLWLG.)

I hope this helps to cover some of your questions. I'll try to update and amend this in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is locked now. You should be able to submit your want lists via OLWLG.

Comments on trade list items are still enabled to ask and answer questions. But remember that these will not show up in OLWLG anymore. At this point all the important information should be included in your item descriptions. If you are not able to deliver an item as advertised in the item description, you have to withdraw that item from the trade (i.e. submit an empty want list for it).

Please remember:
Quote:
6a) By adding an item to one of your want lists you agree to accept it in exchange for your respective item. Check your want lists and all of the item descriptions thoroughly before finally submitting your want lists!

6f) Mistakes you make while creating your want lists do not warrant a rerun of the trade and thus can not be corrected once the trade is resolved.

My usual advice for creating good want lists: Assume that each of your own items will trade for your least favorite item on its respective want list. If that would still make you happy, then your want lists are fine. If not, delete those least favorite items from your want lists and start over with this tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone please double-check the contents of your duplicate protection items that carried over from the original trade.

This issue came up today:
Re: Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade discussion thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The preliminary LEFTOVERS results are up!

You should now find a set of new links in OLWLG, one of them being pending results summary. It will take you to the results. If a link in OLWLG doesn't work as expected (e.g. table format view, arbitrage check etc.) try manually adding &pending=1 to the URL.

Important: Check your results for possible errors within the next 24 hours and geekmail me directly if there seems to be anything wrong.

Reminder: Mistakes you made by checking the wrong boxes while creating your want lists do not warrant a rerun of the trade and can not be corrected. By adding an item to one of your want lists you agreed to accept it in exchange for your respective item as stated in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The leftovers trade results are confirmed. Happy trading!

Remember that using the BGG Trade Manager is encouraged and that cash trades are considered sales and have to go through the BGG marketplace.

Stay tuned for a 2nd Leftovers Trade coming up soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping 2nd leftovers math trade is up!

Last chance for your unwanted stuff! But be quick, it's only running for a few days.

Please mind the unusual deadlines (22:00 and 17:00).

The trade list and threads are still the same:
Essen SPIEL 2019 no shipping math trade announcement thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is locked now. You should be able to submit your want lists via OLWLG.

Please remember:
Quote:
6a) By adding an item to one of your want lists you agree to accept it in exchange for your respective item. Check your want lists and all of the item descriptions thoroughly before finally submitting your want lists!

6f) Mistakes you make while creating your want lists do not warrant a rerun of the trade and thus can not be corrected once the trade is resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The preliminary 2nd LEFTOVERS results are up!

You should now find a set of new links in OLWLG, one of them being pending results summary. It will take you to the results. If a link in OLWLG doesn't work as expected (e.g. table format view, arbitrage check etc.) try manually adding &pending=1 to the URL.

Important: Check your results for possible errors within the next 24 hours and geekmail me directly if there seems to be anything wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The REVISED preliminary results are up!

This is the 2nd version of the results.

Some issues have come up similar to the before mentioned duplicate mix-ups in OLWLG. It seems that there are still some bugs in the new leftover functionality of OLWLG. Unfortunately, my only option to deal with this is to remove the false want lists and do a re-run.

All links are the same as before: pending results summary.

Make sure to reload your open browser tabs to see the revised results.

Please check the new results for possible errors within the next 24 hours and geekmail me directly if there seems to be anything wrong.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd leftovers trade results are confirmed. Happy trading!

That's it for this year, I think 3 trades are enough :)

See you at SPIEL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls