Subject: SHUX 2019 International No-Ship Math Trade -- Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please use this thread for questions, comments, et cetera on the SHUX 2019 International No-Ship Math Trade.

• Trade geeklist: SHUX 2019 International No-Ship Math Trade

• Request geeklist: SHUX 2019 International No-Ship Math Trade -- Request List

• Deadlines: Posting games (Sunday, 22 September 2019 at 22:00 PDT) & Want list submissions (Friday, 27 September 2019 at 22:00 PDT)

Where & When Do We Meet:

Saturday, 5 October 2019 at 11:30 PDT.

Vancouver Convention Centre East
999 Canada Place in Vancouver
We will meet in the room entitled The Social Snug, which is in same hall as the entrance.
There will be lots of tables and name tags!

There is lots of parking and it is close to both Skytrain and bus routes. For parking, there is paid parking at VCC East: Parking at 999 Canada Place – Vinci Park (East Facility). If, for any reason, you are not able to meet at the appointed time and place, it is your responsibility to make alternate arrangements with your trading counterpart(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, one and all!

This year's math trade will be better than ever. There will be

• a dedicated space for the math trade;
• many tables for people to showcase their wares;
• names tags (with BGG handles) for all math trade participants; and
Me -- to answer questions and solve problems (and trade games). If we haven't met yet, please come and say 'hello'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam NoName
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for organizing this Kenneth!

There's a very small typo in the trade description - it should be "SHUX19" instead of "SHUX18" in the parentheses of the first listed rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcdiarmid wrote:
Thanks for organizing this Kenneth!

There's a very small typo in the trade description - it should be "SHUX19" instead of "SHUX18" in the parentheses of the first listed rule.

Thanks for the catch, Adam. Corrected!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules, can we request a standardized currency for when people start adding cash items? Either all US$, or all Cad$? Or at least ask posters to be clear which currency they're offering?

I remember there being a lack of clarity on some postings last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:
In the rules, can we request a standardized currency for when people start adding cash items? Either all US$, or all Cad$? Or at least ask posters to be clear which currency they're offering?

I remember there being a lack of clarity on some postings last year.

Yes, I will ask anyone who offers cash to specify the currency. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam NoName
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kenneth, just making sure that we can delete items again this year or should I edit the placeholder to indicate if a game is no longer available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can safely delete items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Gholston
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Hello, I will be a pearagon this SHUX but would love to participate in the math trade. Is there any accommodation for pearagons who may be working a shift during the trading or will it be up to me to organize another time to meet up with them? Thanks for the help and organizing the trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IdiotsInc wrote:
Hello, I will be a pearagon this SHUX but would love to participate in the math trade. Is there any accommodation for pearagons who may be working a shift during the trading or will it be up to me to organize another time to meet up with them? Thanks for the help and organizing the trade!

By all means, please participate in the math trade. We can make an arrangement, I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, I'm not sure if this is a done thing or not, so feel free to let me know. I've put a good number of older war games in that very likely will appeal to a smaller number of folks than the average game here.

I'm considering bundling a few things together, but at this point would doing it pretty well blindly. If anyone has interest in a couple specific items, I'm happy to take suggestions as to how or if I bundle. I'm only really considering this with the smaller items.

Love to hear thoughts! Again, I'm not sure if this is "done" and so if I'm violating some rule here, let me know and I'll retract my question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jer3my wrote:
Again, I'm not sure if this is "done" and so if I'm violating some rule here, let me know and I'll retract my question

Jeremy, you're just fine. No rule or custom infringement!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMPORTANT UPDATE

The meetup time for the math trade has been moved to 11:30 am. Please take note!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Green
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Juxtatype wrote:

The meetup time for the math trade has been moved to 11:30 am. Please take note!

Could you update the trade thread pls. In case I use that one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadget Girl
msg tools
Hi,

Can you advise how I delete a game that I originally offered for trade?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GadgetGirl wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

You can just delete it from the geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SmackleFunky wrote:
Could you update the trade thread pls. In case I use that one

Thanks. Done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadget Girl
msg tools
Hi,

Sorry but I'm kinda new to BGG. Can you advise how I access the Geeklist? When I'm in my account and click "Geeklist", nothing is listed. I tried going to the list of all the games and can try to locate the games that I listed but I can't see a spot where I can delete it that way.

Thank you in advance for your help!

qasic wrote:
GadgetGirl wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

You can just delete it from the geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GadgetGirl wrote:
Hi,

Sorry but I'm kinda new to BGG. Can you advise how I access the Geeklist? When I'm in my account and click "Geeklist", nothing is listed. I tried going to the list of all the games and can try to locate the games that I listed but I can't see a spot where I can delete it that way.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Probably the quickest way to deal with this is to go to your listing of games in the OLWLG. Click on the link that takes you to your item on the geeklist and then click "delete". Alternatively, you can simply not submit wants for that particular item and it will not trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a reminder: the window for offering games closes at 10 pm tomorrow (Sunday) night. Make sure you get your games in on time!

Please help me spread the word!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news everyone!

I'm playing games tonight and I probably won't be done by 10 pm. So the window for offering games will probably close nearer to 11 or 11:30 pm. Anyway, the bottom line is that you have a little bit longer to list games for the math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some happy math trade statistics for those of you who are interested...

Shux Participants Items

2017 36 415
2018 129 1,502
2019 138 2,153
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam NoName
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juxtatype wrote:
Some happy math trade statistics for those of you who are interested...

Shux Participants Items

2017 36 415
2018 129 1,502
2019 138 2,153

That's:
11.5 items per participant in 2017
11.6 items per participant in 2018
15.6 items per participant in 2019
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As one of the 36 in 2017 who was not able to attend in 2018, I'm very excited about what to me is a HUGE increase this time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcdiarmid wrote:

11.6 items per participant in 2018
15.6 items per participant in 2019

I'm pretty sure 100% of that per participant increase is due to the SHUX library entering like... 300 games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |