Recommend
17 
 Thumb up
 Hide
245 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Worldwide Promos & Accessories Math Trade XVII (DISCUSSION) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: MathTrade [+] [View All]
Bobby T
United States
flag msg tools
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." - John Muir
badge
“And now," cried Felix, "let the wild rumpus start!”
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question... would I be violating the intent of the math trade by offering Hero Realms: Boss Deck – Lich and Hero Realms: Boss Deck – The Dragon? They are technically expansions, but its hard to find a trade partner for those and they are still a small deck of cards each. I'd just like them to go to a home where they'll be used.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BSLBobby wrote:
Quick question... would I be violating the intent of the math trade by offering Hero Realms: Boss Deck – Lich and Hero Realms: Boss Deck – The Dragon? They are technically expansions, but its hard to find a trade partner for those and they are still a small deck of cards each. I'd just like them to go to a home where they'll be used.

No, that's fine. You just have to be okay paying worldwide shipping if it happens to go international.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby T
United States
flag msg tools
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." - John Muir
badge
“And now," cried Felix, "let the wild rumpus start!”
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:

No, that's fine. You just have to be okay paying worldwide shipping if it happens to go international.

I certainly am! Gotta take advantage of current postal prices before the U.S. drops out of the United Postal Union. Thanks for the quick reply!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BSLBobby wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

No, that's fine. You just have to be okay paying worldwide shipping if it happens to go international.

I certainly am! Gotta take advantage of current postal prices before the U.S. drops out of the United Postal Union. Thanks for the quick reply!

crycrycry There is so much OTHER ridiculous things going on here that I hadn't even SEEN this come up before. crycrycry
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sem Brys
Belgium
Jette
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have a set of alternative tiles for the game Meowtopia/Jungle Rumble.
Can I list it as the game or is it better to list it as out of scope and add an altname?

I guess I could also add it to the database but it would take too long to submit and be approved I think and nobody would have it on their wanted list anyway...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantichore1 wrote:
Hi, I have a set of alternative tiles for the game Meowtopia/Jungle Rumble.
Can I list it as the game or is it better to list it as out of scope and add an altname?

I guess I could also add it to the database but it would take too long to submit and be approved I think and nobody would have it on their wanted list anyway...


I'd say it's always safer to go with Outside the scope with altname
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping for a late surge in submissions. There's still ~4 days left to submit offers, but right now we have ~2k fewer items listed than in the last promo math trade in February.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frances McGregor
Canada
The Pas
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see February being bigger because by that time, all of the kickstarted show promos have come in. My Dice Tower one just shipped, and I have another that won't deliver until November.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition Game boy geek, tantrum house and promo paradise haven’t shipped either.

I expect the next promo trade to be big as those should all ship by then plus Essen promos.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get a sync?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably throw up a poll at the end of this trade about whether it makes sense to just do it annually in February, or if it makes sense to keep doing it twice annually. I'd also be game to discussing different timing if that makes sense.

With regards to resync, my apologies - I was traveling out of town the past two days and as much as it doesn't take much time to login and resync, I wasn't able to give it that much attention.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I had heard there were changes to how some European countries were calculating international shipping, but maybe I misheard. If true though this might explain the drop in participation.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zaphiel wrote:
I can see February being bigger because by that time, all of the kickstarted show promos have come in. My Dice Tower one just shipped, and I have another that won't deliver until November.
You may be on to something! The promo trade from August 2018 had about 3.4k items. We shouldn't end up too far away from that one.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
I'll probably throw up a poll at the end of this trade about whether it makes sense to just do it annually in February, or if it makes sense to keep doing it twice annually. I'd also be game to discussing different timing if that makes sense.
Regardless of the size of this one, I'd much prefer twice per year. The promo trades are my favorites.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
I'll probably throw up a poll at the end of this trade about whether it makes sense to just do it annually in February, or if it makes sense to keep doing it twice annually. I'd also be game to discussing different timing if that makes sense.

With regards to resync, my apologies - I was traveling out of town the past two days and as much as it doesn't take much time to login and resync, I wasn't able to give it that much attention.

No apologies needed. Life comes first. Thanks for the sync.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll only add 10 or so, so definitely won't be making a dent in the difference, but I just haven't had time to add my promos yet. Planning to do it this weekend.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
confusedvicky wrote:
I'll only add 10 or so, so definitely won't be making a dent in the difference, but I just haven't had time to add my promos yet. Planning to do it this weekend.
I am only about half way(or less) through mine.. so expect at least 50-100 more from me. haha.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Starke
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you see multiple BGG members offering a promo you're interested in, and you have selected more or one of these, is it better to:

1) leave all checkboxes blank on all but one copy?
2) use the duplicate protection option?

(Asking because I don't want to end with potentially 2-3x same item...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fps_bgg wrote:
If you see multiple BGG members offering a promo you're interested in, and you have selected more or one of these, is it better to:

1) leave all checkboxes blank on all but one copy?
2) use the duplicate protection option?

(Asking because I don't want to end with potentially 2-3x same item...)
This is exactly why duplicate protection exists. haha.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Starke
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
fps_bgg wrote:
If you see multiple BGG members offering a promo you're interested in, and you have selected more or one of these, is it better to:

1) leave all checkboxes blank on all but one copy?
2) use the duplicate protection option?

(Asking because I don't want to end with potentially 2-3x same item...)
This is exactly why duplicate protection exists. haha.

Got Warning 3 despite using Quick method, but help Geeklist is super!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilfred Meyboom
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SocksRule wrote:
I thought I had heard there were changes to how some European countries were calculating international shipping, but maybe I misheard. If true though this might explain the drop in participation.

My guess would be that a lot of European BGG'ers are busy with Spiel preparation and therefore decide not to participate in this MT.

I try to keep up with the new games for Spiel (1000+ items and counting), the Spiel no-ship auction (8400+ items and counting) and the Spiel no-ship Math Trade (3208 items).
And there is even more, like the Goodies list, Mule list, left over MTs, etc.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HJ DJ
Netherlands
Steenwijk
Overijssel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aziraphael666 wrote:
joshuapfulton wrote:

On the current trade page in the OLWLG, click on the orange cube icon with the green plus sign. It will show you a drop-down menu with a list of any previous trades for which you entered items in the OLWLG. You can then quick-add them to the current trade with a few clicks.

Thank you
OK. Some extra info. As I am adding my items now, I see that some extra info may have some use (I struggled with it the first time):
1) click on the orange cube icon
2) click the drop-down menu (that says 'select one')
3) choose the trade you want to use
4) click 'submit(?)' query'

That shoould do it ...


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moenja wrote:
SocksRule wrote:
I thought I had heard there were changes to how some European countries were calculating international shipping, but maybe I misheard. If true though this might explain the drop in participation.

My guess would be that a lot of European BGG'ers are busy with Spiel preparation and therefore decide not to participate in this MT.

I try to keep up with the new games for Spiel (1000+ items and counting), the Spiel no-ship auction (8400+ items and counting) and the Spiel no-ship Math Trade (3208 items).
And there is even more, like the Goodies list, Mule list, left over MTs, etc.


We can't avoid every MT, and this one aside from altering possible wants typically is for items that wouldn't be locked by another math trade.

That said, we could consider moving this one earlier to prevent pre-Spiel issues. I didn't really think that Europeans needed the entirety of the month of September to plan for a con at the end of October, but given transit through other nations perhaps that's the case.

Perhaps we can plan on starting the listing of items for the Monday after GenCon (typically the first week in August) so it gives our European friends as much time as possible to get this one resolved before it possible interferes with any prep for Spiel.

We'll see when I do the poll.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
Avatar
I'd consider moving it to after Spiel to maximize the number of available promos.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mosch wrote:
I'd consider moving it to after Spiel to maximize the number of available promos.
I may not be recalling this correctly, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the original intent for having two a year was that the 'summer' one was after GenCon and the 'winter' one after Essen. Obviously the two conventions are actually fairly close together, so having the post-Essen one in January makes some kind of sense.

That said, the nature of when and how people receive promos has changed in the last few years, with several people in this thread citing Kickstarter campaigns for media as major originators. With that being the case, I can see an argument for having trades in November (post-convention season) and May (post KS shipping?). I'll be curious to see what the results of Matt's poll are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |