Prev «  1 , 2  | 

1 Player guild» Forums » General

Subject: Open call for Grumpy Gamer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:
For instance, if Raz were to write you another article, with your current format, it would look nearly identical to the one he's already done, and possibly make a return reader think they've already read it. So instead, maybe the article title, followed with "by ___ (guest)" or something to pique the reader's interest?

Darn, now I'll have to actually write a new article later down the line? Thanks for calling my subterfuge out before I even use it, Jeremy. Thank you very much ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:

Looks good, but may I make a suggestion? From your site, when you click "Grumpy Gamer" at the top and show the list of articles, the ones with a guest give you no idea of the content. Whereas the non-guest ones give you an inkling of what to expect.

For instance, if Raz were to write you another article, with your current format, it would look nearly identical to the one he's already done, and possibly make a return reader think they've already read it. So instead, maybe the article title, followed with "by ___ (guest)" or something to pique the reader's interest?

This is sound advice, thank you. We will change the titles tonight.

It's not good that I appear as the poster either. We will check if some modification can be made to the format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
It's Grumpy Tuesday today, and Arvid is our new guest!

Gamers and Their High Horses: Beginners and Complexity

If I ever recommend Runebound over Mage Knight it's because I like it much more. MK didn't work for me (and I got inundated with recommendations for it when I first got here).

(but I get his point in the article - the bit about giving helpful advice about learning the game rather than suggesting it's too much and they should go for something easier sounds good)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arvid
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agramore wrote:
omega_player wrote:

If I ever recommend Runebound over Mage Knight it's because I like it much more. MK didn't work for me (and I got inundated with recommendations for it when I first got here).

(but I get his point in the article - the bit about giving helpful advice about learning the game rather than suggesting it's too much and they should go for something easier sounds good)

I love Runebound

I like Mage Knight.

I see this behavior more in the general recommendations forums than here in the guild forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agramore wrote:
omega_player wrote:

Yes, I'm sure he just used some well known games examples.

But, Dave, since we are at it, wouldn't you like to write about how Mage Knight is perhaps over-rated? whistle It would make a great grumpy post. (I've never played the game, it may be worth all the praise, I don't know. laugh)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I could write a whole post about it, not even if I stretched it out to encompass people recommending their favorite game even if it doesn't fit the parameters people are asking about. As if they don't read any words except "recommend a game".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
But, Dave, since we are at it, wouldn't you like to write about how Mage Knight is perhaps over-rated? whistle It would make a great grumpy post. (I've never played the game, it may be worth all the praise, I don't know. laugh)

That would be a worthwhile read!

I'm foretelling one about how KD:M is overrated though instead laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

agramore wrote:
"recommend a game"
Mage Knight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time for a fresh cup of coffee and a new grumpy post.

Our guest today is Christianv (Is This Game Broken?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our next guest is up, and he is quite grumpy!

We welcome Govmiller (Kickstarter Updates...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are now open for submissions, so if you have grumpy thoughts, channel them into an article, and send it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good thing all my KS mails bounce back and I never receive any
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |