Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Winning
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was exactly my thought with the raze. I had a really terrible first round though. I already lost my hunter hero. I have the expansion mixed in and I actually have a gate port from right in front of my fortress to right next to the three grovetender spires. This should allow me to sneak over there and steal the third research if all else fails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mahler
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Designer of Tournament Fishing
mbmbmb
maloma wrote:
The main thing would be to get a RAZE spire on the earthscape source. Then it can start taking out those three. Once they start falling you can build others there for the whole COVER issue. And yes the Heroes/MERC Heroes will be the only ones that can cross it but you shouldn't need to other than grabbing the research.

Remember that as soon as you build that first Spire to deal with the Cover issue, the Grovetenders Mark that tower and if it falls, you lose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Winning
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually turned it around after the ugly first round and got all three renown in the second scenario. Upgrading to get the +3 source each income round plus getting a relic card called pyre that let me sacrifice two minions from the barracks for two spire upgrades really helped out a lot. I can’t wait to try scenario 3 tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty "TIRED" Malone
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
Knowledge is light
badge
Be the Change
mbmbmbmbmb
tyk567 wrote:
maloma wrote:
The main thing would be to get a RAZE spire on the earthscape source. Then it can start taking out those three. Once they start falling you can build others there for the whole COVER issue. And yes the Heroes/MERC Heroes will be the only ones that can cross it but you shouldn't need to other than grabbing the research.

Remember that as soon as you build that first Spire to deal with the Cover issue, the Grovetenders Mark that tower and if it falls, you lose

I thought it marked only those that replaced the three not the one that started the raze. Will have to read it again but also on my play they never got close to the earthscape with the spire so could be moot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Winning
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is only on the three grovetender spire locations, unless I read the rules wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mahler
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
maloma wrote:
tyk567 wrote:
maloma wrote:

I thought it marked only those that replaced the three not the one that started the raze. Will have to read it again but also on my play they never got close to the earthscape with the spire so could be moot.

Yeah but the only way to get adjacent to that Spire with Cover is to build a Spire on one of the outpost spots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Winning
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tyk567 wrote:
maloma wrote:
tyk567 wrote:
maloma wrote:

Yeah but the only way to get adjacent to that Spire with Cover is to build a Spire on one of the outpost spots.

That’s true. By the time I built one there though I had two spires razing and attacking so I wasn’t in as much jeopardy. I was also able to block a lot of the minions from even heading down there. I think a big part of my success was also finding ways to take out a good portion of the taproots without them summoning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mahler
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Donutz McGoo wrote:
tyk567 wrote:
maloma wrote:
tyk567 wrote:
maloma wrote:

That’s true. By the time I built one there though I had two spires razing and attacking so I wasn’t in as much jeopardy. I was also able to block a lot of the minions from even heading down there. I think a big part of my success was also finding ways to take out a good portion of the taproots without them summoning.

Yeah that is a big part of the puzzle on this one. Trying to get 3+damage or "1 then 2" so that they don't summon. I was able to win, but only got 2/3 renown due to the fact that I had too many spires (you can only have 6 total) by the time I needed to build that third one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |