1 Player guild» Forums » General

Subject: What to expansion get next for Aeons End rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Miranda

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmb
I have the base game and played all the nemesis plus a couple extra games with all different characters. I like this as a solo game. The new expansion looks awesome so I will pick that up when it releases more than likely. What should my first expansion be? I am interested in the Legacy but is it worth playing solo? I feel like a Legacy game should be shared with others. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts is: do you have small expansions?
If not, get small expansions.
Legacy isn't really worth it, it's not that interesting. You'll have the expeditions, which are better. You'll have better Nemesis. You might miss out on cool player cards, but Buried Secrets has the cool keywords and better balanced player cards so aim for that instead.

I still recommend Depths/Nameless as the mandatory expansions. Cool mages, cool spells, cool Nemeses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkDexter wrote:
I have the base game and played all the nemesis plus a couple extra games with all different characters. I like this as a solo game. The new expansion looks awesome so I will pick that up when it releases more than likely. What should my first expansion be? I am interested in the Legacy but is it worth playing solo? I feel like a Legacy game should be shared with others. Thoughts?

My group has been playing Legacy and we love it, especially because the mage you create by the end is one you can use in other AE games. Can't speak to it for solo, but we've greatly enjoyed the experience as an addition to the AE universe.

That said, I 100% agree with Raz about Depths and Nameless. Personally, I recommend having all of the AE products in your collection if you love the base game, but those two are probably the best starting place for adding more to such a solid, quality game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Carter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Aeon's End: Legacy solo and loved it. Prior to that, I only played Aeon's End plus Aeon's End: War Eternal one time against Rageborne. I barely lost that game, but it was fun. As for Legacy, I personally feel like that was a good place to officially start with Aeon's End. It provided a story that was easy for me to get invested in. The game didn't assume I was an Aeon's End veteran. Instead, it takes your created characters from new recruits to some of the most powerful mages by the end of the campaign. (At least at that point, they were. With the latest Kickstarter, that may no longer be the case.) Another thing I liked about Legacy is that the majority of it can be fully integrated to the rest of your Aeon's End collection after the campaign.

As for my recommendation on what to add to your Aeon's End collection, get any expansion that interests you. If you're a fan of the game, you'll probably enjoy all of the expansions more or less. I stopped adding to my collection after the Legacy wave due to storage limitations. Plus, I felt that was a good stopping point. I believe I have roughly 98% of everything that came out for Aeon's End up to the Legacy wave. Since I have the Kickstarter versions of Aeon's End: Legacy, Aeon's End: War Eternal, and Aeon's End, the only thing I'm missing is the second playmat and a promo or two. However, if they came out with a storage solution to hold everything sleeved then I would consider adding even more.

PS: If they put Raz into the game, then I would have to back that Kickstarter or get that promo! He's the reason I decided to try Aeon's End in the first place. Thanks, Raz, for helping me find an awesome game to add to my board game collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
onecarter wrote:
PS: If they put Raz into the game, then I would have to back that Kickstarter or get that promo! He's the reason I decided to try Aeon's End in the first place. Thanks, Raz, for helping me find an awesome game to add to my board game collection.

laughblush
I like to pretend Razra is somehow my avatar into the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doyen
msg tools
I would get war eternal next. Legacy is good and a lot of the content is replayable but I think there is more bang for your buck in WE. If you're still wanting more after that pick up some of the small box expansions. Honestly I dont feel like there are any bad expansions but of all of them Legacy was my least favorite. I'm also not nuts about legacy games in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miranda

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmb
ddoyen wrote:
I would get war eternal next. Legacy is good and a lot of the content is replayable but I think there is more bang for your buck in WE. If you're still wanting more after that pick up some of the small box expansions. Honestly I dont feel like there are any bad expansions but of all of them Legacy was my least favorite. I'm also not nuts about legacy games in general.
Thats a good point, Lot of content for War Eternal. I have never played any Legacy games so I dont know the excitement level on any of them yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls