Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most of this is in the title. Artscow is having a sale on cards again and I'm looking for things to get. Please send me some recommendations.

I've never PNP'd or used Artscow before so I'm looking forward to finding some games like this.

Here is a link to the sale if anyone else is interested.
https://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/3-for-18
Coupon code: 3PKSTHE
Expire date: 09/29/19

Edit to add coupon info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marit Alanen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Haze Islands is a good one. Available professionally printed through the game designer's website, or you can download the PnP cards from the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Cabbagehead's Garden is a great game, although it's now available in non PNP form due to the Kickstarter, but still might be cheaper going the Artscow route (don't personally know).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chamoy
United States
Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows Upon Lassadar and Pocket Landship: Free Trial Version are both good pnps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
desertrat2020 wrote:
Haze Islands is a good one. Available professionally printed through the game designer's website, or you can download the PnP cards from the files section.
Man I've been meaning to try that one. So many good PnP games to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekryr wrote:
Most of this is in the title. Artscow is having a sale on cards again and I'm looking for things to get. Please send me some recommendations.

I've never PNP'd or used Artscow before so I'm looking forward to finding some games like this.

You may want to check that the double-sided cards are available. I looked at what they have offered on that link, and I at least did not see the cards you need for most PNP projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ld paulson

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain -- briefly and well -- how this works? None of the information I've read explains what someone does. Do I send the file with or after my order? Or is there a super secret backroom on Artscow where all the Todd Sanders titles are hiding?

My biggest concern is that I'd flub up the process and be out the money with games I can't use.

ldp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
have you looked at this?

ArtsCow Links for Solo Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, this is what I found too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MarkP1981 wrote:
Dekryr wrote:

You may want to check that the double-sided cards are available. I looked at what they have offered on that link, and I at least did not see the cards you need for most PNP projects.

It says that the "54 Design cards" in mini and full are part of it. It seems like these are front and back designs. Not sure what else I would need for most PNP card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bear
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Talof Harjo
badge
Talof Harjo
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to do everything versus everything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works like this:

1) Get all the images you want to use. They need to be broken-down by card, not grouped as a PDF. So if you have PDF pnps, you need to get a program like Inkscape or GIMP to break up the images into individual cards.

2) Open the artscow software. If you have ever made holiday cards on your computer, this is the same type of program. For each card, you will need to import your images in, and then resize / frame as appropriate. The program will tell you what you should do to avoid white lines on the edges. I have found that this doesn't always work, so ymmv.

Then you pay anfd wait. No much to it, just takes time to do and time to get.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekryr wrote:
MarkP1981 wrote:
Dekryr wrote:

It says that the "54 Design cards" in mini and full are part of it. It seems like these are front and back designs. Not sure what else I would need for most PNP card games.

This one isn't bad, just do keep in mind that the card backs will all be the same. If you have a set you are putting together with various backs, or several games that have fewer than 54 cards, all the card backs will need to be the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Dungeon of D!

EDIT: And I thought Inception and Dextet sounded good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only ever had two sets printed and regret neither of them

Dungeon of D and Inception

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekryr wrote:

I have three decks (The 2 Inception decks and The Decktet) in my shopping cart, but I have no idea how to activate the s for $18 offer. What do I do? My total is over $47...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

Debating making customs for Legendary Marvel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sale might be over, it's not listed on their coupon page. However they do have a 35% of the whole site going now. 35OFFSITE is the coupon code to input at checkout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cmmayo wrote:
Dekryr wrote:

I have three decks (The 2 Inception decks and The Decktet) in my shopping cart, but I have no idea how to activate the s for $18 offer. What do I do? My total is over $47...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekryr wrote:
cmmayo wrote:
Dekryr wrote:

Thanks! Unfortunately the Inception deck links take me to multi-purpose cards and those aren't included. The chat help said I just need to design the standard 54 decks myself, but I have no idea how to make that happen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you can stretch to a fourth deck you could try "Legendary Encounters: The Princess Bride" - Details and deck links here: http://blackdogofdoom.blogspot.com/2016/01/legendary-princes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stevozip wrote:
Mr. Cabbagehead's Garden is a great game, although it's now available in non PNP form due to the Kickstarter, but still might be cheaper going the Artscow route (don't personally know).
To be honest, even though it may be cheaper, ethically, I'd try to avoid getting the PnP professionally printed (as Artscow does) now that it's available in a retail/KS form.

Though saying that I'd maybe make an exception if it was OOP for years (i.e. unlikely to ever be available again).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
stevozip wrote:
To be honest, even though it may be cheaper, ethically, I'd try to avoid getting the PnP professionally printed (as Artscow does) now that it's available in a retail/KS form.

Though saying that I'd maybe make an exception if it was OOP for years (i.e. unlikely to ever be available again).

Throwing a wrench :

https://www.printerstudio.com/sell/designs/mr-cabbageheads-g...

This is the link to the linen printerstudio version of the game, available from the designer, Todd Sanders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkP1981 wrote:
JudgementDave wrote:
stevozip wrote:

Throwing a wrench :

https://www.printerstudio.com/sell/designs/mr-cabbageheads-g...

This is the link to the linen printerstudio version of the game, available from the designer, Todd Sanders.
Fair enough - though, I've not checked: was that provided before it got a retail release?

I can easily imagine that if (when?) I release a game to retail I'd leave any PnP versions up, and any versions of them on Artscow (or other printing services) but (as the consumer, as opposed to designer) I'd still feel better buying the retail version if/when it is released.

It maybe comes from having released creative efforts in the past and knowing that it's bloody hard making any money from creative pursuits, so I feel that, if you can afford it, you should always take the path that rewards the creator (as then they are more likely to be able to continue creating new works you may enjoy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Todd always releases his games on printerstudio when completed.

He has taken-down files at the request of publishers when they are published. It could be in this case that the publisher is confident that people will buy their version with the nice finish, chipboard neighbours, and options for beeples, fancy box, burlap bag, and gameboard.

With the printerstudio version, and similarly the artscow version, all you get are cards. The PS version supports Todd, albeit in a limited way (he lowers the price to the point where he does not see monetary profit from sales); the Artscow does not. The artscow edition, though, has the very real chance of being messed up, whereas the printerstudio version does not. You do get what you pay for, as they say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls