Hans Baer
China
Suzhou
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing to see here, move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
skeletonhat wrote:
Congratulations Mage Knight on your #1 spot!
Roads & Boats preorders finally started shipping in the US. There's no way Mage Knight can withstand the surge of donkey crazed logistics planners!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SpaceAlien wrote:
It’s too soon. It’s always too soon! I just added three solo games and I’ve solo’d any of them yet! Unfair, as I expect Wingspan, Snowdonia: Deluxe Master Set, and Black Angel could all be on my list with more time available.

Agreed. Received Tapestry this week and I think it will be already in my top 20. Paladins of The West Kingdom should be coming my way in the next couple weeks and I already like the solo game trying it out on Tabletopia. Need a bit more time mulling things over but my #1 hasn't changed. It's...............
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for doing this again Kevin! To say this list is a ton of fun every year for me is somehow an understatement. thumbsup

I look forward to debating my personal list over the next month and a half. The reveal is even more fun for me and the resulting list is a great resource for anyone interested in solo games.

The 1PG shines during this event in my opinion. It’s like an unofficial membership drive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh - 1onthebox
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I was waiting for this news so that I could book in my annual leave and get everything played before the cut off

Question: will you be combining all the Aeon's Ends? Granted you already mentioned that legacy games are a separate thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
I foresee some big movement up and down the top 100.

Thanks Kevin for donating your time and energy every year. Will you be on any prodcast this year discussing the list? I enjoyed the last one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news, Kevin!

There is already some changes to my top 20 this year, but there is still time for even more new entries.

I just started learning Black Angel in preperation for this:

I might be able to do the same thing to CO₂: Second Chance before the deadline too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you as always Kevin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Kevin! I love everything about this process -- putting together my own top 20, making a geeklist for it, reading everyone else's geeklists and finding new geekbuddies, and then of course watching the results come in and writing and reading comments... So excited!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As usual I’m hosting a contest where you have to make guesses about how the top 200 turns out.

After last year’s overcomplicated rules debacle this year’s version is very simple. The goal is not so much win contest as it is having fun and banter with each other .

Go here if you want to participate: The 2019 People’s Choice Top 200 Solo Games No Prize Contest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the best part of Christmas.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Calw
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Thank you for doing this, Kevin! I'm very much looking forward to the reveal and all the speculation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I might be Brain though
United Kingdom
Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, dang it my week just got instantly better.

As everyone has said, thanks for doing this again Kevin.

An annual highlight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceAlien wrote:
It’s too soon. It’s always too soon! I just added three solo games and I’ve solo’d any of them yet! Unfair, as I expect Wingspan, Snowdonia: Deluxe Master Set, and Black Angel could all be on my list with more time available.

Plenty of time. Get to it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hath22 wrote:
Awesome! I was waiting for this news so that I could book in my annual leave and get everything played before the cut off

Question: will you be combining all the Aeon's Ends? Granted you already mentioned that legacy games are a separate thing.

Yeah. I have them and they're definitely interchangeable. So they'll all go under the original. Doesn't matter to me which on you send me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Greggs
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
England
flag msg tools
mb
I haven’t played Mage Knight (yet). Am I even eligible to vote?

surprise laugh

Look forward to seeing the list. I enjoyed checking out past ones. I will try to get Space Hulk: Death Angel played before I submit my favorites.

I’ve played The Castles of Burgundy: The Dice Game about 200 times solo, so that might make my list.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borisgreggs wrote:
I haven’t played Mage Knight (yet). Am I even eligible to vote?

surprise laugh

Look forward to seeing the list. I enjoyed checking out past ones. I will try to get Space Hulk: Death Angel played before I submit my favorites.

I’ve played The Castles of Burgundy: The Dice Game about 200 times solo, so that might make my list.

laugh

Of course you are. Just put it down as your #1 anyways and then fill out the rest. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin McKinley
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Avid solo board game enthusiast here. Can't wait to contribute to this.

Quick Question:

If a board game hasn't came out yet, say either right before or after the Deadline, can we still include it?

Thanks,
Dustin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadian1985 wrote:

Quick Question:

If a board game hasn't came out yet, say either right before or after the Deadline, can we still include it?

Thanks,
Dustin

If you've played it, include it. The only thing that makes it tough is if it's not even listed in BGG. I'll still include it, but I'll have to put a fake picture and ID with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kerskine wrote:
Arcadian1985 wrote:

Quick Question:

Thanks,
Dustin

If you've played it, include it. The only thing that makes it tough is if it's not even listed in BGG. I'll still include it, but I'll have to put a fake picture and ID with it.

There's a BGG database entry for this kind of situation: Unpublished Prototype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin McKinley
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
kerskine wrote:
Arcadian1985 wrote:

Quick Question:

Thanks,
Dustin

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzy Vitale
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
When empty, please refill with tea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! I haven't done a ton of solo gaming this year, but I *always* LOVE to make my Top 20 list. Should see a lot of #cultoftheplaytested titles on my list this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I enter the votes, something struck me. Some people have sent like 18 selections instead of 20. (No problem at all)

But it got me thinking. Why not throw 2 more on there to get to 20, but I thought about the #20 vote. It gets 1 point, which then lowers the average vote for that game. Last year and this year, I switched the tie breaker to average vote instead of # of votes.

Well think about this for a moment. Say Mage Knight is someone's #20. That lowers Make Knight's average rating for sure. So in that case, if you like Mage Knight, you're actually better off leaving it off the list. Which of course seems backwards. Putting it on the list actually gives it 1 more point, which clearly helps it.

But this reasoning is exactly why I'd never sort the list primarily on average score. If we asked everyone to rank every single game, then sure we could do that, but that's never going to happen.

Anyways, just my Friday observations

Keep the votes coming. You guys are awesome!!

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s also likely that many voters haven’t actually played 20 solo games (or 20 that they liked enough to vote for). This was the case for me — and I consider myself a frequent solo gamer! It’s just that a lot of my limited solo game time goes toward “lifestyle games” like Lord of the Rings LCG, so I don’t end up playing a wide variety of solo games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakerjohn wrote:
It’s also likely that many voters haven’t actually played 20 solo games (or 20 that they liked enough to vote for). This was the case for me — and I consider myself a frequent solo gamer! It’s just that a lot of my limited solo game time goes toward “lifestyle games” like Lord of the Rings LCG, so I don’t end up playing a wide variety of solo games.

No doubt. A lot of entries don't have 20 votes. No problem. Less typing for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NOTE: Remember people. Be specific with similarly named games. A few of you have voted for Warhammer Quest. I assume you really mean Warhammer Quest and not Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game. So if you really mean the latter then say that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] |