Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's that time of year again and I'm super excited! Here is the link to sign up: https://boardgamegeek.com/geekexchange/join/545

The rules will follow and are also on the sign up page, so please read first. If you would like to be a back up Santa only, you can join the exchange and select not to receive a gift. If you want to participate fully and would also like to be a backup Santa, send me a geek mail so I can make a note of it. If you have ANY questions, feel free to contact me anytime.

One very important part of the exchange process is proof of purchase/shipping. Please send an email to voodoochyl@hotmail.com with a subject of "gift exchange" or something similar. I'd like a proof of purchase in the form of a receipt photo or screen shot (if you are shipping direct), and a tracking number when you get it shipped. Again, please contact me if you have any issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rules

1) First things first, in order to participate this year, you’ll need to have a BGG user profile for a minimum of six months. Apologies if you are a new user, but this will help prevent fraudulent participants.
2) You have until 11:59pm (PST, GMT-8), November 30th to sign up. If you have second thoughts after signing up, you also have until that deadline to delete your registration before targets are assigned.

3) Your wish list is the main tool to help Santa send something you’ll love. Please have a look at your list and make sure there are price appropriate options, as well as several games to choose from. Our recommendation is 20. You can also give hints by adjusting the level (1-5) when you add a game to that wish list.

4) When making a purchase for your Santee, the expectation is a new game with a value of $50. Please feel free to exceed this expectation, send multiple games, and/or add personal touches if you like. We hear about the Brawler’s generosity each season.

ALL participants must provide proof of purchase and/or shipment. A special email address will be provided when targets are assigned. This step speeds up the process of resolving complaints, and helps me ensure all gifts will arrive in a timely fashion.

5) This is an international Christmas Bonanza. Anyone from any country is welcome to join, but don’t let this be a deterrent. When signing up, you may choose to ship to your country only, but please be open to shipping internationally. It’s very rewarding to be able to share this holiday season with Brawler’s across the world and your heart will grow three sizes.

6) The Bonanza is about spreading joy throughout our community. As the years go by and we interact with one another, we become more like a little family. That said, make sure to be thoughtful about the gift you send as well as when you send it. We’d like to see the packages arrive by Christmas time.
If you sign up for the exchange and don’t send a gift, it is very likely your account privileges will be suspended, and none of us want that. If you have ANY issues and cannot participate for any reason, even at the last minute, just reach out to me. Communication solves most issues.
I will be looking for back up Santas. Please PM me if you would be available to help on the off chance someone gets excluded this year. I thank you volunteers in advance.
7) The previous gift exchange coordinator, Ryan “Fresh G” Freshman, ended his list with the most important rule, and I’d like to do the same: Have Fun. This is the whole point of why we are here, right? Thank you for being a part of this wonderful event, and have a blessed season!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Bengtsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So in!

/wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One other thing I was thinking of, just because the suggested gift price is in the $50 range, doesn't mean you can't have items that are less or more in your wishlist. If you have some cheaper options, a Santa may get you a couple of those games. If you have something more than $50, your Santa has the choice to be extra generous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Root
United States
Lakemoor
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GhostWolf69 wrote:
So in!

/wolf
Whoever gets Ulf, remember to send him as much #teambrandon stuff as you can.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana mustang
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So excited to finally join.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Bengtsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shoshin42 wrote:
GhostWolf69 wrote:
So in!

/wolf
Whoever gets Ulf, remember to send him as much #teambrandon stuff as you can.whistle
Why you little...!!!!

/wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm in... Who is getting my stocking full of coal?!??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Registered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieve T
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Signed up as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Bengtsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Empulsive wrote:
I'm in... Who is getting my stocking full of coal?!??
Me apparently... cry

/wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm your huckleberry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Huminski
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a little help for the coal-givers... devildevildevil

https://www.amazon.com/35-Main-Gifts-Handwritten-Naughty/dp/...

https://www.amazon.com/American-Educational-Products-7105-Fr...

Or, if you wanna be nice about it...

https://www.amazon.com/Palmer-Chocolate-Double-Crisp-Christm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Bengtsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-posted from last year:

On a personal note for me: If you are my Secret Santa feel free to purchase your gift on-line from a Swedish store and ship from there. I know it's supposed to be personal and nicely wrapped and all... but seriously, the shipping is a real bitch across the globe, and I'd be fine with my gift either way.

That said, I will use the same method myself, so as much as I would like to go wild and personal, I probably won't make it a priority due to financial restraints. I'd rather spend all that cash on more game for you! I hope you don't mind.

Addendum: Here are some links to Swedish vendors. Yes they're all in Swedish, but you can just google-translate the whole page if needed.

https://www.sfbok.se/katalog/spel
https://alphaspel.se/
https://www.worldofboardgames.com/

/wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Cost
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Registered. Having memories of getting Josh sausage finger utility fingers. Tee hee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Zunker
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
ElderYoda
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so in! I hope I get Josh!

*evil maniacal laughter*

#teamantijosh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Cost
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff <—- hoping for Josh soooooo bad.
Iona <—— hoping for Brandon

Regardless, ho ho ho to one and all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I made sure to remind Josh to sign up this morning. He has some "STUFF" going on and we don't want him to miss this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright I’m in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rookenoble wrote:
Alright I’m in.
WOOT!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Perry
United States
Bluffton
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This guy right here is in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana mustang
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know (obviously) who will get me but pax unplugged is in 2 weeks and I'll be changing my wishlist during then. Might get games on my list. Just an FYI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to pop and and say how happy this makes me to see all you joining the exchange. I'm already starting to feel the Christmas spirit in the air.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Whitaker
Canada
Close to Saint John
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only my second year in all this awesomeness, but so pumped to go shopping for someone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cas
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back for another year! This one has been my fav to be a part of
 Thumb up