Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb

This thread is for discussion of everything relating to the UK Maths Trade December 2019. Please keep things friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharon, the link in the geeklist to this thread seems to be wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ark royal
England
Basingstoke
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
Sharon, the link in the geeklist to this thread seems to be wrong
Working now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shak S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
New Math Trader here! Very excited. I've added my games to the list and can see some in OLWLG. Two questions though:

1) In step 3, if an item is highlighted green in the first column (GL#, the one with the buttons) what does that mean?

2) When clicking the magnifying glass, I get a single game that I don't think I've ever added to a wishlist or collection (in this case SUPERHOT). I'm pretty sure when browsing the full list I see a few games that I would have expected here instead. Is there an obvious configuration I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sshaikh wrote:
New Math Trader here! Very excited. I've added my games to the list and can see some in OLWLG. Two questions though:

1) In step 3, if an item is highlighted green in the first column (GL#, the one with the buttons) what does that mean?
Click the little down arrow next to the words "Color Coding" and it will tell you

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Green is either want to buy OR want in trade depending on the shade

sshaikh wrote:
2) When clicking the magnifying glass, I get a single game that I don't think I've ever added to a wishlist or collection (in this case SUPERHOT). I'm pretty sure when browsing the full list I see a few games that I would have expected here instead. Is there an obvious configuration I'm missing?
This is a bit of black magic that I am also not sure of, but from what I can tell, it also includes games that you have selected in the trade, so you can add more copies of them (remembering to use duplicate protection).

You can check your full collection information at: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/sshaikh, but you don't seem to have that in there. So I have no clue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shak S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
This is a bit of black magic that I am also not sure of, but from what I can tell, it also includes games that you have selected in the trade, so you can add more copies of them (remembering to use duplicate protection).
This was the trick - I had (mistakenly) added to my want list another copy of SUPERHOT, which is why it appeared under the magnifying glass (and was highlighted light green). I've since removed it from my wantlist and the other copy is now gone from my magnifying glass.

A followup then: In my preferences I only have "ignore games I own" ticked, which now results in a blank list. Is there anyway of viewing the trade list while also hiding games you own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably need to tick the "want in trade" box then. The "ignore games I own" is a negative, where as the others are a positive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first maths trade. I am feeling all very excited about it, but a bit unsure if I will get any takers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United Kingdom
Droitwich Spa
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You’ve never lived until you’ve been through the ups and downs of a maths trade rerun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shak S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Regarding the various cash trades: are you supposed to add every offer of, say, £20 and process each separately in your want list, or is there an easier way that I've missed?

Also am I correct in thinking that even if you add something to your want list, if it has no checkboxes ticked it's as if it's not there at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TBrown wrote:
You’ve never lived until you’ve been through the ups and downs of a maths trade rerun!
Would you care to elaborate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slimy_asparagus wrote:
This is my first maths trade. I am feeling all very excited about it, but a bit unsure if I will get any takers.
I would recommend being cautious about what you are prepared to swap your things for - don't go wild and think "Ooh, I don't care what I get as long as I get something" because you will care. Avoid post-Maths trade disappointment!

Check your wants list carefully eg make sure the listing is for the full game, not an expansion or promo (unless you want the latter of course).

Alien Frontiers is a great game and I'm sure there will be interest in it - so long as there are items you want of about equivalent value, you are quite likely to trade. But if it doesn't there is always next time.

Finally, enjoy - and welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed_the_Red wrote:
slimy_asparagus wrote:
I would recommend being cautious about what you are prepared to swap your things for - don't go wild and think "Ooh, I don't care what I get as long as I get something" because you will care. Avoid post-Maths trade disappointment!

Check your wants list carefully eg make sure the listing is for the full game, not an expansion or promo (unless you want the latter of course).

Alien Frontiers is a great game and I'm sure there will be interest in it - so long as there are items you want of about equivalent value, you are quite likely to trade. But if it doesn't there is always next time.

Finally, enjoy - and welcome.
Actually my offering is Illuminati. I was asking for someone to offer Alien Frontiers (which they did). At least that is what I believe I did, if not someone please correct me now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you're quite right - I just looked at your recent geeklist items and didn't spot that one was on the request list. Illuminati is also a great game of course (though maybe a bit dated now?) though probably not as likely to trade as AF. But you never know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Condon-Jones
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sshaikh wrote:
Regarding the various cash trades: are you supposed to add every offer of, say, £20 and process each separately in your want list, or is there an easier way that I've missed?
Basically yes they are all separat, but if you click on the Paypal symbol it'll show you all of the Paypal payments being offered.
sshaikh wrote:

Also am I correct in thinking that even if you add something to your want list, if it has no checkboxes ticked it's as if it's not there at all?
Yes. You need to tick the box to say what you're willing to trade for it for it to be entered into the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United Kingdom
Droitwich Spa
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slimy_asparagus wrote:
TBrown wrote:
Would you care to elaborate?
Once the deadline has closed, Sharon will run the maths trade and it will calculate who gets what. Everyone then has a day to check that they haven't made any mistakes before the results are finalised.

However, quite often someone does mess up, so when a game/person is removed from the trade this causes a chain reaction. So you will find that the games you are getting will change quite often before the results are finalised - so try not to get too attached.

Its an emotional rollercoaster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
muddy feet
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If I do not select any wants for a particular game that I entered - is there no chance it can be traded?

Apologies if this is glaringly obvious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TBrown wrote:

However, quite often someone does mess up, so when a game/person is removed from the trade this causes a chain reaction. So you will find that the games you are getting will change quite often before the results are finalised - so try not to get too attached.

Its an emotional rollercoaster
I guess I can handle what I receive changing. I expect what is worse is that probably I could moved in or out of the list of successful traders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Fisher
United Kingdom
Sutton
CAMBS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Anything you leave with no selections against it will not be traded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Saitch
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
When trading a game for money is it on the person sending the game to also pay for postage?

I know that's generally how it's handled when trading games and both sides are paying postage but didn't want to assume it'd be the case with cash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The sender pays the postage.

Someone paying cash obviously doesn't have any postage costs; if I offer cash I factor this saving into how much I offer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
Microbadge: So Very Wrong About Games fanMicrobadge: QI fanMicrobadge: Asterix fanMicrobadge: Concordia fanMicrobadge: Bloom County fan
dancj wrote:
sshaikh wrote:
Basically yes they are all separat, but if you click on the Paypal symbol it'll show you all of the Paypal payments being offered.
There is a very handy bookmarklet that can help a lot with this. Details can be found at https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1794582/tool-automatica....

As always quadruplecheck everything before you submit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Stone
United Kingdom
Freethorpe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can someone please remind me how to add multiple copies of an item. I’ve got some promos and cash offers that I want to add a few of, without making multiple geek list entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gary10 wrote:
Can someone please remind me how to add multiple copies of an item. I’ve got some promos and cash offers that I want to add a few of, without making multiple geek list entries.
/wiki/page/OLWLG#How_to_Offer_Multiple_Identical_CopiesBundl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Stone
United Kingdom
Freethorpe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
divenal wrote:
gary10 wrote:
/wiki/page/OLWLG#How_to_Offer_Multiple_Identical_CopiesBundl...
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |