Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julius Maul
United States
Abington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does any one know if they are going to add the Extension to online play at http://mrjack.biludi.de/?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I had heard that they are in the process of adding them now. Not exactly sure when that will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello !!

yes, extension will ne online in some months.

at this time, we are working in a "debugging" mode, which is quite ok.

But the most important for me is to let people who buy the extension the privilege to be able to discover new characters and new set up first. Then, in some times, it will be available for everybody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but they were asked to wait some time integrating it, so that it wouldn't hurt sales of the Mr. Jack Extension. So I wouldn't expect it in the next 6 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Maul
United States
Abington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information.

I'm looking forward to playing it online as well in real life. My copy of the Extension finally arrived today and I'll be playing it as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one more word:
publisher's decision to wait for online adaptation is not made to boost sales, but just to respect initial buyers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
Just one more word:
publisher's decision to wait for online adaptation is not made to boost sales, but just to respect initial buyers

That's understandable. But it should be noted that providing a free online version of a game doesn't necessarily hurt sales, and the opposite may even be true. Having played the online version of Mr. Jack, it is now on my "must have" list to buy soon. The same thing happened when I discovered Tikal at spielbyweb. I bought that the first chance I had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you, eric...
we don't fear hurting sales, we just decide to respect initial buyers...
It's just a question of 2 or 3 months....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I can't wait to try that out. It's a terrific game, and it looks like the expansion will add some more variety.

My response wasn't meant for you guys... I'm sure you made that online version with the intent of promoting and selling the game (and it worked, for me at least!)... but just as a general comment, as I know it sometimes may seem counterintuitive to selling something by providing it for free. And sometimes it is, but in this case I think it definitely features the game in a way that will help generate buzz and sales for the board game version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your general comment was really interesting, and frankly speaking, we had a lot of discussions around this question with the publisher before deciding to go on the free online adaptation.

My main argument was that Hurrican is not a "big" publisher, and online game was a way to be visible... and to be able to let people try the game system.
It's clear that some people may just play online and never buy the game.
But the most important, is that people who have play it online first and then have bought it, are convicted players... and their enthousiasm will be a way to convict their friends to have a look at it.. a kind of "contamination".
And it was also a way to offer players never be alon, never mind where they live !! I really enjoy playing against people all around the world (at this time, US, australia, UK, germany, france...)... it's part of my pleasure !!
;-))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's terrific that you did that and I really appreciate it. Thank you. And yes, being enthusiastic about the game now, I've been recommending it to others, some of whom will likely buy the game once they've tried it.

I don't mean to make fun of your English... you speak it very well and much better than I can speak any other language... but the word you wanted is "convince" not "convict". To "convict" someone means to pronounce them guilty of a crime and send them to jail. Well, actually, that may work for when they're playing as Jack! :o)

Best,
Grudunza
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the box version from Thoughthammer, so there you go, at least one sale from the online version (and I'm sure there have been and will be many more). And I'm sure I'll buy the extension before too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One last thing i would like to say:
at first, with the publisher, we never imagined to get an online adaptation.
but one day, a german fan of the game asked us if he was allowed to do this job for free.
He send us the first version of his work.. it was quite finished and so impressive that, after some discussions, we decided to give him a big YES, even if publsher feared, at first, to loose sells.
Now, we know that impact has only been positive.
Thank you very much for your work, stefan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
but just as a general comment, as I know it sometimes may seem counterintuitive to selling something by providing it for free. And sometimes it is, but in this case I think it definitely features the game in a way that will help generate buzz and sales for the board game version.

I definitely agree! I've bought many games as a result of having learned about them and played them online, such as Ingenious, YINSH, Hey That's My Fish, Piranha Pedro, StreetSoccer, DVONN, Can't Stop, Thurn & Taxis, Clans, China, Hansa, and Reef Encounter. I hope that more and more publishers begin to realize that making their games available to play for free online will increase sales, not decrease them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.