Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmbmbmb
Chessex was present at this weekends UCon in Ann Arbor, MI. After looking through their booth I remembered that they had picked up the rights to do a new edition of this game. When I asked if they had a publication date yet, they said that they did not. When I asked if they planned on putting it out next year at all, the guy at the booth said "We don't want to say any specific date. We wanted to have Wiz-War out by now, but obviously that has been delayed."
When I asked if they planned to just do a straight reprinting, or if they planned on doing new artwork (Let's hope not) for the new edition, he said "nope, it's going to be a straight reprinting."

Just thought I'd give everyone who is eagerly awaiting this as much as I am a heads up.

LA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was at the GAMA Trade Show 08 in Vegas back in April, I visited the Chessex booth. All they had were dice. Which is fine, because that is mostly what they are known for.

However, when I asked about Plague and Pestilence, do you know what they did? They all collectively laughed! Yep, they laughed.

Apparently, it is some sort of sick, twisted running joke amongst the employees of Chessex, and they are enjoying it quite a bit. I am sure that it would be very easy to reprint P&P, and probably Wiz-War, too (I don't know anythign about it), and considering it has been on their "schedule" for quite some time, there is no reason to withhold the publication of P&P.

Except to play a cruel joke on the masses.

And I still haven't gotten my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Chessex today:

"We don't have any current plans for releasing Plague and Pestilence."

So it doesn't sound like they plan on re-releasing the game any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
first last
msg tools
I dunno if this qualifies for a new thread, so I'll put it here instead:

If Plague & Pestilence really were to be republished, do you think the game should be revised?

If yes - what changes should be made?

A few thoughts:

- Seeing how the first pandemic wave of the "Black Death" came over medieval europe none earlier than the year 1348, the "Viking Raid" card better be changed. In the 14th century the last viking raids were a good 300 years ago.

- Plague & Pestilence has a morbid theme or charme if you will. Why not do it justice? During the plague people died in hundreds, so the population cards and the gains/losses should come in equally high numbers.

- Lastly, because P&P always reminds me of the book "The Club Dumas" by Arturo Perez-Reverte. I'd even hope that all the images would be revised as well. They could do with some more symbolism and mystery. But that's just a personal preference, not a necessary change.
In case you wonder what I am talking about, have a look at this site:
http://www.eclectichistorian.net/Engravings/index.html

There's something special about those woodcuts, but I won't spoil the plot. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It has been a few years since I have played, but regarding gameplay, It would provide more player interaction if there were more "cancellation" cards that players could use when it is not their turn to neutralize offensive cards played by the active player.Also, I think minor and major wars could be handled in a more exciting manner- maybe give technology a different impact, or possibly allow a third player to intervene rather than always having wars only between two players.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cole
msg tools
mb
I just called Chessex Customer Service. There are no plans to ever rerelease the game. They only hold the rights to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.