Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Fried
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm travelling there shortly and would love to browse a good game store. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
There's two. The one I always go to is Het Spellenhuis in the Zoutmanstraat, no 94. This store is closed on mondays, and doesn't open until 10 AM in the morning. You can reach it by public transport by taking tram 17, which travels straight through this street. (When you're there, walk out to the Laan van Meerdervoort, and look to the left, across the street. That odd baroque building in dark red stone with little towers and frills is my high school.)

Store number 2 is De Koperen Pion in the Laan van Meerdervoort, no. 274. (Yes, the same street where my high school is standing, but more to the left when walking out of the Zoutmanstraat. Walking will take you about 15 to 20 minutes. I won't ask you to visit my childhood address which is literally two streets away from where you'd be standing then, running parallel to the Laan van Meerdervoort. It's my home turf, so to speak meeple.) Now you have to grab tram 3 in order to get there, but you can hop from 17 to 3 on the Laan van Meerdervoort. Their opening hours are very limited: wednesday from 11 to 15 h, and saturday from 10 to 17 h. Keep this in mind!

Het Spellenhuis is a pleasant games store, and carries a good selection of modern games, miniatures, CCGs and even some AD&D. You'll be able to find light family material, but also, if you're lucky, heavy stuff from Warfrog. I like this store considerably and make a point of going to it every time I'm in the Hague. Unfortunately I've never been to De Koperen Pion so I cannot help you much there.

Enjoy your stay in town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls