Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Z-Man Games is happy to (finally) announce that we will publishing AGRICOLA in English for 2008. It will contain all the decks. However, due to the printing challenges of such a component-heavy game and the poor US dollar we are going to use a preorder system to help determine when the game is ready to go to print.

In order for the game to be published, we are looking for 750 preorders. The sooner we reach that goal the sooner the game will be printed (if we can get 750 preorders by the end of December, the game can be seen as early as April).

The preorder price for AGRICOLA is $60 plus shipping ($15 for US customers, $25 for Canadian customers and $33 for everyone else). The regular (MSRP) price of the game will be $70. As an added incentive, any preordered games will come with a special 24-card promo deck containing new Minor Improvement and Occupation cards to be used with the game. These cards might be available in a future expansion, at cons, and/or through retailers, but for sure you will get this special item free if you preorder the game.

To preorder AGRICOLA you need to email me your credit card info to sales AT zmangames DOT com with "AGRICOLA PREORDER" in the subject header. We will not charge your card until the files go to the printer: your preorder gives us permission to charge your card at that time.

If you do not have a credit card, are afraid of sending card details through email, or are really eager to show your support of this production, you may send a paypal payment ($60 plus the shipping outlined above) to sales AT zmangames DOT com (and mention "AGRICOLA PREORDER"). If production has not started by April, we will refund your money.

I will do weekly status reports on the numbers of preorders.

Note: At anytime we may announce the closing of the preorder window.

Hopefully I left nothing out - email me if you have questions.

We are excited to offer the opportunity to bring you this game and hope you understand the situation requiring this method of decision to publish the game.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Edit: to reflect answers to some questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim K.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news!

One fly in the ointment is that email is definitely not a secure way to transmit credit card information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cheng
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sounds great Zev, I'll probably go the paypal route as someone mentioned that email isn't secure. You have my pre-order though (and this'll probably be the only time I'd do it for any game )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What amount is required if going the Paypal route?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news. As a network administrator, I have to say that email is a very bad (insecure) way to send credit card information. By its very nature, email in not encrypted. I guess I'll go the PayPal route when I get back from BGG.Con.

Woo-hoo!

Edited to reflect a PayPal order: Who am I kidding? I have gone ahead and pre-ordered it now! I would hate for it to pass 750 while I was off playing games... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the concerns about emailing credit card info. But I'll preorder this for sure using paypal. Only have to know how much money do I need to transfer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Ramirez
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Zev,

You should set up a pre-order page with a secure form we can fill out on your site. Thanks for trying to make this possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Sergeant
United States
Burlington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the positive reviews, 750 doesn't sound that far off! Let's get this by April everyone! Now I just have to talk my wife into this one...might be a bit tough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X X

Some
msg tools
Is there a way to mail in a money order as a form of payment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AB
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

melissa's post pretty much sums up my response as well.

Email sent. thumbsup

Looking forward to seeing the pre-order number updates.

Lets get this to the printers soon

AB

EDIT: ooops should I have asked the wife first? oh well arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paypal done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sauceybugger wrote:
Wonderful!!!!!! laugh

I was going to make up my own english version, but this is so much better.

I am willing to donate one of my bollocks if it speeds things up any!!!blush

S.B.

***Please, keep your bollocks

Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pasquinelli
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dirkgent001 wrote:
Hey Zev,

You should set up a pre-order page with a secure form we can fill out on your site. Thanks for trying to make this possible.

***Unfortunately I do not know how to do a secure form on my site. But I'll look online for some answers and will come back should I do it.

FYI, I edited my original post to reflect some questions - like paypal is the same price: $60 plus shipping.

Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zev, will you be sending a confirmation to pre-orderers?

I only ask because I could imagine that some people might want to pre-order Agricola for their Secret Santa victim, and would want to send something on to them that said "You will get this when it is printed, here is the proof"

A little card game, with an Agricola pre-order confirmation tucked inside. What could be better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie K.
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were just talking about this last night!! I'm thrilled to hear you're publishing it! You've made a LOT of people very, very happy.

I'll be doing my best to get as many people to play it at BGG.CON as possible. It's my new favorite game.

Stephanie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
Zev, will you be sending a confirmation to pre-orderers?

***Hmmm, I wasn't planning to do that, but maybe I will - a quick note saying I got it or something.

While I'm here:

At BBG.con I can take order information.

Also, folks, send your address along with your order so I know where to ship!

Thanks,

Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tudor
United States
Paoli
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preorder done via Paypal! Like everyone else, I'd recommend heavily AGAINST sending CC info via email.

Wow, I almost can't believe it's really happening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Zev - what you're doing at Z-man is amazing. Printing Agricola is further evidence that your company is racing to be the very top tier of publishers. Great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay pal done!

5 of 750!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news, Zev! I'm planning on trying the game at BGG.Con and if I like it as much as everyone says I will I will give you my c/c in person there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we can get a bulk order (three or more), does it cut shipping costs? Our group will be ordering some either way, just want to know how much to Paypal.

Thanks!

Edit: I've ordered one. I didn't want to wait for my friends to reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered, thanks for opening the game up to pre-orders Zev, I'm sure you'll be able to get the game to the press quickly with all of the support that is present here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Lloyd
United Kingdom
Holmes Chapel
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news Zev although the shipping cost outside North America might put some off. Might there be some way to reduce this if you got a group order? You're likely to have a lot of interest from the UK I would expect.

BTW I'm not saying this just to save a few dollars: I just want to make it easier to hit your 750 target as soon as possible.

Garry
http://www.trickylight.co.uk ; http://www.spiel.co.uk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.