Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for joining up with the Secret Santa!

Now it's time to get shopping!

www.boardgamegeek.com/secretsanta

To finish this off, please click this link, then click on "Yout Target". This will get you your target, showing you their address, any comment they have left, and other pertinent information. To find out what games they want, simply check out the user's wishlist. They should have a pile for you to choose from.

Some things to remember:

1.) If you want it to get there by Christmas, I would try to get your gift out as soon as possible. If some financial emergency comes up, and you can't buy a gift - please let Tom Vasel know as soon as possible.

2.) I cannot stress this enough - but this is all about the giving, rather than the receiving. I hope each and every person gets a gift, but I would prefer that people concentrate on their giving, rather than their getting. If you don't get a gift, please don't panic - and please wait until sometime in January before emailing me about it. The post offices of the world can be notoriously slow, especially this time of year - so be patient!

3.) Go out of your way to really be nice to your target. Personalize it if you can, send a note, etc. Do what you can to make this special!

4.) Make sure that your own wishlist is up to date. Please have as large a variety of games on it as you can. Make it easy for your Secret Santa. And on that line, please make sure that you include as much information in your own comment section.

5.) At the end of this post I will have a list of online store participating in the Secret Santa. Remember, the community here at BGG is willing to help! If you need help, feel free to ask or others here.

6.) If you want to leave a message for your target for any reason, you can do so with the anonymous account.
username: santa
Password: password

7.) Once you get your gift, why not post about it on this geeklist:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/25338

All right, let's have fun!

Fun Games Cafe www.FunGamesCafe.com - in Canada - will be involved again this year. They will gift-wrap your game(s) and keep the order anonymous, if you send them a note with your order.

Shire Games www.shiregames.com - in the United Kingdom- will once again get involved, which means that any games bought for the BGG Secret Santa will be anonymized (if that's a word) and gift-wrapped in nice sparkly Xmas paper before sending on. If your UK target happens to be a member of the Shire Gamers guild, then they can choose "free shipping" (whatever the amount), as they will be able to hand-deliver the gifts.

Green Knight Games www.greenknightgames.co.uk in the United Kingdom will be happy to be involved. Just put a note in the 'Reason for buying' text at the checkout and they will gift wrap and add a note (From your BGG Secret Santa).

Unhalfbricking Games www.unhalfbricking.com in Australia - will post to Asia, Australasia & Oceania. Direct Bank transfer or PayPal (only from bank accounts - no credit cards). Will Christmas wrap & post or hand deliver. Contact via email, BGG User Unhalfbricking.

Thoughthammer http://www.thoughthammer.com in the USA - They will provide a free pair of custom dice for each Secret Santa recipient and can also provide a personal note for the recipient, while maintaining anonymity for the giver.

Ramamlamas http://www.ramalamas.com/en - in Spain They're selling laser engraved piecepack sets online and if anyone wants to offer one as a gift they will engrave a custom design on the box for free.

Land of Games www.land-of-games.co.uk - in the United Kingdom - They will be happy to wrap the gifts and add a message, just enter the details with order.

Caterpillar Games www.caterpillargames.com.au. - in Australia - They can ship to Australia or anywhere else Santa visits if required and can take, credit cards and paypal. All games will be sent anonymously and will be wrapped in Christmas paper.

www.lapcra.org - Serving to Portugal and Spain.

Starlit Citadel http://www.starlitcitadel.com - in Canada - They will gift-wrap all games at no charge and keep it anonymous as requested.

Funagain Games http://www.funagain.com/control/main/~affil=DICE - in the USA - They will be happy to keep the orders anonymous if folks include a note in the "special instructions" with their order. They'll also provide a gift note, just select "this order is a gift" and fill in the gift note when ordering. They'll send to almost any international place the US Post Office, or FedEx sends.

Boards & Bits www.boardsandbits.com -in the USA - They will gift-wrap games for $1 per game (just add the appropriate item - search for Gift Wrapping). Orders will be sent anonymously. International shipping will be charged based on actual package weight, and if possible a partial refund given. Please include BGGSS and the recipients BGG ID in the comments at checkout.

Planet On Games www.planetongames.com - in Spain -They can ship games to Spain & Portugal with really good shipping costs, and will gift-wrap the game(s) and keep the order anonymous, if you send them a note with your order. They allow Direct Bank transfer or PayPal (no credit cards)

Gamer Cafe Ltd. www.compaya.hu - in Hungary - They offer free gift-wrapping and free shipping within Budapest (Hungary's capitol), and will keep the order anonymous.

Imagine Games http://web.mac.com/imagine_newszine - in Malaysia - Will gift wrap and keep the sender anonymous.

Games Surplus http://www.gamesurplus.com - in the USA- They will ship anonymously, provide a gift note, ship internationally if desired, and throw in a free spin 4-It finger into all orders.

JKLM Direct http://www.jklmdirect.co.uk - in the UK - are happy to keep the orders anonymous, and include a gift note if requested. Just send an e-mail to santa (at) jklmdirect.co.uk when you order, informing us that it is a Secret Santa purchase, and informing us of the text you'd like on the gift note. JKLM Direct stock hundreds of different games, not just those produced by JKLM Games.

Spiele-Offensive.de http://www.Spiele-Offensive.de - in Germany - They offer free gift wrapping service ("Als Geschenk verpacken") and will keep the order anonymously if you check "keine Rechnung beifügen" as option in the ordering process. Buyers not living in Germany can pay via Paypal or direct bank transfer.

Infinity Games www.iguk.co.uk - in the UK -They can make the packages anonymous and also will do gift wrap for free, just drop them a message at http://www.iguk.co.uk/contact.aspx?customerid=iguk_webteam once the order has been placed.

www.freewebs.com/brascogames - in the UK - 50% shipping discount worldwide air mail for everyone partecipating at secret santa 2007. just mention code VSVD - offer good only for the first ten people, and only up to December 10th.

www.moenen-en-mariken.nl - Sends to every part of the Netherlands for ?6,20

Boulder Games www.bouldergames.com - in the USA - Just place the order (domestic or international) and send us an e-mail letting us know the order is a BGG Secret Santa gift and we will include a Christmas Card with or without a message from you. There will be no invoice or any other paperwork in the box to reveal who sent the gift. We will then send you a $5 coupon because you're such a nice person (even if you aren't) and the lucky recipient gets to roll for a coupon.

GamesLore - www.gameslore.com - They are supporting customers by sending orders on with no attached details of the Secret Santa, and are asking customers to include "BGG Secret Santa" on the special shipping instructions.

Ludibay - www.ludibay.net - in France - they will give a 5 euros discount (free shipping to France or 5 euros discount to Europe) to all customers buying games from us for the international Santa gift.

Columbia Games will pay shipping and anonymous deliver secret santa orders - even to international locations. Users must enter coupon code "santa" during checkout at www.columbiagames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Stitz
Germany
Lüneburg
flag msg tools
badge
Tee-hee-hee-hee-hi-hihihi-hu-hua-huar-huarrrRRRrrrrrr.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me be the first to say:

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tuttle
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merry Christmas gang, I'm having a ball shopping for my target. I didn't think that this would be quite as fun as it is, but it's pretty cool.

Peace, Love, Joy, and best wishes to you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lloyd
United Kingdom
Penmaenmawr
Conwy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoorah!!! And now the fun begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

1.) If you want it to get there by Christmas, I would try to get your fist out as soon as possible.
Hmm.. is this a typo or some obscure US phrase I've never seen before...

It's certainly set my overactive imagination racing off on all sorts of nasty tangents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I had fun with this last year, and my secret santa sent me Cleopatra. I'm sure I'll have fun sending gifts this year as well!

I just took a look at my target. They are in the Netherlands, anyone have any ideas on what place with reasonable prices and shipping I should order from to get it sent there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
“It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.”
badge
“Failure isn't bad if it doesn't attack the heart. Success is all right if it doesn't go to the head.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Let the holiday shopping begin...

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gudjon Torfi Sigurdsson
Iceland
Isafjordur
Isafjardarbaer
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StitzL wrote:

Ho, Ho, Ho!
Hmm, I guess you can't take part in Secret Santa then!

Article from AdelaideNow

Ha, Ha, Ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey Nelson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Target has an excellent wishlist...I'm having a difficult time deciding which ones to grace his gaming table with! I've got some great ideas to make the gift personal too. Wish I could be there when he gets it...

ps. Who knew stalking could be this much fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yargo wrote:
Cool, I had fun with this last year, and my secret santa sent me Cleopatra. I'm sure I'll have fun sending gifts this year as well!

I just took a look at my target. They are in the Netherlands, anyone have any ideas on what place with reasonable prices and shipping I should order from to get it sent there?
we have www.eternalwar.nl
his search option doesn't work, and he doesn't have a lot of non-wargames, but who knows, maybe he has in stock wat your target wants :]

I looked it up
http://spellenhut.nl/catalog/
this seems to be a nice one.

The cheapest thing to do would be to ask a dutch person that is not participating to pick it up at a store in the Netherlands and send it on your behalf.

Shops like www.moenen-en-mariken.nl have a lot, but they don't do mail order (I think, but you could always mail them, they are very nice people! So you might have some succes here. If they are willing to ship, I really recommend this shop) EDIT: I just mailed the owner of the shop, I am awaiting his reply to see if he's interested in helping out
Edit 3: I just got a reply, moenen-en-mariken has opened a webshop! Everyone can order, but they will send it only to the Netherlands. Shipping costs are 6,20 euro's. These are not automatically added with the price at the webshop (or at least that's what he mailed me

www.bol.com (you will need the dutch site for this) has got some boardgames as well.

If all these things don't work, you're stuck with the high shipping from the USA

EDIT 2: I just read the forums here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/243598
They say that it is possible to buy your gift and send it yourself with a "flatrate" or something that is supposed to be quite cheap. This might be a good option. Since a lot of games are not available in the Netherlands (in my opinion)

So after a lot of edits:
I think the best option for the Netherlands is www.moenen-en-mariken.nl
If people don't get how it works and don't get the Dutch, just PM me and I'll try to help out

I wish you the best of luck!

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich steed
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My target is in Venezuela - I've just checked and shipping from the US will be about $35 - does anybody know of any shops in Venezuela I could use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey Nelson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
littlekeylime wrote:
My Target has an excellent wishlist...I'm having a difficult time deciding which ones to grace his gaming table with! I've got some great ideas to make the gift personal too. Wish I could be there when he gets it...
Yippeee! Just scored an OOP "Must Have" online. The stars are aligning for me today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You say that it is wise to get the present out as soon as possible.

Should I really already order it, and have it sent right away?

(this is my first time participating, so I have no idea how long such things take)

If not, how many weeks before Christmas should I order?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Benham
United States
Inver Grove Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already ordered and sent mine out. I'd say you'd probably want to get it done by the first week of December to be safe. By mid-December there is so much stuff being shipped everywhere that the postal system is a real nightmare in my experience. If you got somebody more or less Local to you I imagine you could afford to wait longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Imort
Germany
Kerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another hint for people having their targt in Germany: At www.brettspielsuche.de you find more or less every single German online gamesshop. Just type your game where it says "gesuchtes Spiel" and click on the different shops to find the best deal. Could be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably should have mentioned this before ....

If your target is a member of the Shire Gamers guild, you can shop at Shire Games and choose the "free shipping" or "collect from store" options, and we'll hand-deliver the gift(s).

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Smith
Australia
Ashburton
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelforp wrote:
StitzL wrote:

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Article from AdelaideNow

Ha, Ha, Ha!
I can't believe that! Only in the city of churches could that happen! I think it is more derogatory for Santa to say Ha! Ha! Ha!. Imagine the kids thinking that Santa is mocking them "Ha! Ha! Ha! I have reindeer and elves and all the toys in the world at the North Pole, and I got some ice cream, and you can't have it, 'cause you are on the welfare, and your daddy's an alcoholic!"

Bah Humbug to that I say!

But seriously I am having a ball looking at my target's wishlist and amazing myself when I consider the bargains you can get for people when you are used to having to slap massive shipping costs onto your own orders, I mean I can get three games for my target for the price that I would pay for one! Sweet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Ho, Ho, Ho - (pointing at you) Pimp!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you let the merchant know this is a BGG Secret Santa gift?

Do you just put a note in the order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hooray! I got my target and my favourite game was on their wish-list. How fun is that?? Been sent out already and I hope they enjoy it as much as I do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IzToK
Slovenia
Maribor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greatsage wrote:
Xelforp wrote:
StitzL wrote:

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Article from AdelaideNow

Ha, Ha, Ha!
I can't believe that! Only in the city of churches could that happen! I think it is more derogatory for Santa to say Ha! Ha! Ha!. Imagine the kids thinking that Santa is mocking them "Ha! Ha! Ha! I have reindeer and elves and all the toys in the world at the North Pole, and I got some ice cream, and you can't have it, 'cause you are on the welfare, and your daddy's an alcoholic!"

Bah Humbug to that I say!
laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

or maybe I should cry....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hisst Ka wrote:
How do you let the merchant know this is a BGG Secret Santa gift?

Do you just put a note in the order?
That's what I did. But I wasn't sure either, so I sent a mail after the order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
Games already sent to my target. I ordered through ThoughHammer and put a note saying that it was for the BGG Secret Santa. I will follow up with an email to them to confirm they know this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Collins
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I figure that I"ve had enough good karma this year to get a heck of a bonus i'm going to get something real nice for my poster. My wife and I really appreciate board game geeks. The game reception was awesome, the games we've been recommended for years have been awesome and i'm sure the bgg con we had to miss was awesome (surgery comes first).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis FitzPatrick
United States
Yuma
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, I clicked on Your Target and didn't get anything...did I do something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [34] |