Popular Tags: christmas [+] secret-santa [+] Merry_Christmas [+] [View All]
Martin Davis
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Secret Santa game is ordered. For some strange reason, I feel good. This was fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Placed my order with ThoughtHammer. Thatwas fun.

The best part was picking out a random (and I'm talking very random) extra something small to throw in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu .
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
DJ'ing
Microbadge: 'No' to fast foodMicrobadge: Apple haterMicrobadge: I don't watch TVMicrobadge: Microsoft haterMicrobadge: I Don't Care What Game is Ranked #1
Yay ! present ordered ! I'm so looking forward to get the reaction of my "target"...

Joyeux noël à tous !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Breitenbach
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crankin666 wrote:
I shoped, I ordered, and it is on its way.
I wonder if he will wait until Christmas?ninja
The nice thing about opening it early is that you can then post what you got over in the relevant thread, which lets your Secret Santa know it arrived okay. I had some nail-gnashing days when I thought my target should have received it by then -- did it get lost? -- before he at last posted that he got it. And, of course, reading about how happy your target is over the game you gave them makes your holiday season just that much more joyous. (At least, it sure did mine.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fermin Uribetxebarria
Germany
Ravensburg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I ride my bike to work.Microbadge: I am related to Monkeys!Microbadge: A board game a day keeps the doctor awayMicrobadge: Obey the hypnotic powers of my beanie propeller.Microbadge: Beyond infinity
My order has been made too.... and it was customized too!

Hope that everyone getting presents, will post what was their reaction and how they liked the game (should be mandatory to play at least once!)

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Shafer
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine last night so it should be there well before the holidays. I do hope my person opens it early, because I will be waiting with baited breath to see if they liked the gift (it was from their wishlist but the most enthusiastic thing that wishlist said was "like to have"... no musts or love tos...) Guess that means they'll like the gift but not love it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IzToK
Slovenia
Maribor
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Husky loverMicrobadge: Spider loverMicrobadge: Pet loverMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Wolf lover
Two days ago I was reading a thread about coughcough and one guys post seems preety funny to me. So I checked this guy profile to see what games does he like, what games he own and of course his wishlist...

...now this guy is my target laughlaughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve kulwicki
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up thinking it would be fun just doing a gift exchange. Turns out this is even better then I was expecting. Not only does my Santa have a sense of humor, I got one of the super-efficient ones, so it looks like I may have a long wait, wondering what's in the box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Proulx
Canada
La Prairie
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't possibly only buy one game... With such an extensive wishlist that person must be anxiously waiting for Christmas!

I must admit that it feels really good to give to a stranger in need of boardgames.

Joyeux Noël à tous!

Mat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
Microbadge: I build Crokinole boardsMicrobadge: I made my own gaming tableMicrobadge: I make wooden gamesMicrobadge: I love my gaming tableMicrobadge: Cribbage fan
Ho Ho Ho!

Sent mine out today - one Must Have and one unexpected and unlisted surprise game! My target is obviously a new gamer - how much fun is this!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Heaton
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Come back Bale...
badge
In 'arry we trust!
mbmbmbmb
Mine had a tiny wishlist composed mostly of impossible to find games, so my choice was limited and checking the profile the game I felt obliged to get was so screamingly obvious that I had to do it, still I threw in a little extra that may delay its arrival, otherwise it would have been too obvious.

Merry Christmas all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent a Love to Have and an expansion for said Love to Have that wasn't on their list, but I wanted to do something extra since last year I sent homemade cookies. (I had my doubts about the advisability of sending cookies as far as this Secret Santa gift has to go.) I wanted to send a Must Have, but alas, my target only had one

MY Secret Santa will have no such dilemma, I have 65 Must Haves on my wishlist, so whoever you are, at least you've got plenty to choose from!!! LOL!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tornadog wrote:
Needed your opinions guys. If theres a big box game(MSRP 80) on my target's wantlist that is not on his wishlist, can I send him my unplayed open copy or do you think its better to get him a new one from his wishlist. Which would make him happier???
I think that's perfectly acceptable to send the big box game. I sent lightly used games last year to my Secret Santa target, and when they posted that they had received my gift, they sounded absolutely thrilled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guinness book sounds good!
Hope my target likes my gift(s)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Denise wrote:
... I wanted to send a Must Have, but alas, my target only had one
For my own wishlist, I put the "must have" group as the stuff I'd look at and say, "My Secret Santa is obviously the coolest person on the face of the Earth"--since, for the most part, they're fairly expensive or hard to find games. Thus, most of my list is of the "love to have" variety. I'd obviously love to have most anything from that group!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
tornadog wrote:
Needed your opinions guys. If theres a big box game(MSRP 80) on my target's wantlist that is not on his wishlist, can I send him my unplayed open copy or do you think its better to get him a new one from his wishlist. Which would make him happier???
Tough call. I have at least one game on my Want list that is not on my Wish list--because it's a game I want to get for a buddy of mine, but not for myself.

That said, as I put in my profile, games that are on the Want list rank higher for me than those that aren't, in the same wishlist level (that is, a "wanted" #1 is higher than a "non"-wanted #1). It's odd, but it makes sense to me.

So if it's on their Wanted list, I'd say it's probably safe to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Gillilan
United States
Boaz
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed out on getting to participate last year. Placed my order with Thought Hammer today. I can't wait for my target to receive their gift! This was alot of fun.meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bennett
United States
Grinnell
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of working this morning, which is what I should have been doing, I researched my target, reading just about everything he/she/it (he-shit) has written on BGG. This is a person I'd love to play games with.

I selected a couple of games for he-shit and got them ordered today. I didn't want to find that all of my game possibilities had sold out, so I jumped on it quickly.

One problem I had was that he-shit has so many games and appears to have exposure to so many more that I was worried about venturing off the wishlist path. I was hoping to find one thing that was both perfect and unexpected and pair it with something off the wishlist. Instead I played it safe. The more someone has, the harder it is to buy for that person.

Anyway, I think I nailed two winners. I think he-shit will be happy. I certainly enjoyed the research part of the quest.

Thanks to Tom Vasel and Aldie and everyone else for putting this together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Verseboy wrote:
Instead of working this morning, which is what I should have been doing, I researched my target, reading just about everything he/she/it (he-shit) has written on BGG. This is a person I'd love to play games with.
I've seen a lot of people doing this. It's too bad my target is more of a lurker (certainly nothing wrong with that!). It would have been fun to get to know the person a bit better.

I can live vicariously through people like you, Steve, though: I took a look at your own game collection (and have done so with a couple of other people), and it's amazing how much overlap there often is.

I can't wait for my target to see what I got them--I hope they'll enjoy it all.

edit: I can't believe I spelled "there" as "their". Dammit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verseboy wrote:
Instead of working this morning, which is what I should have been doing, I researched my target,
I know exactly what you mean!

I also checked every 2 minutes if another post had been made to this thread, but it hung on 24 or something for 1,5 hour!

OOOOH, the torment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzan
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yargo wrote:
Cool, I had fun with this last year, and my secret santa sent me Cleopatra. I'm sure I'll have fun sending gifts this year as well!

I just took a look at my target. They are in the Netherlands, anyone have any ideas on what place with reasonable prices and shipping I should order from to get it sent there?
You could also try to find out if they mind a German-language game. Most german online shops are cheaper then Dutch shops and I know for www.all-games.de (and I think www.ab-zur-kasse.de too) that shipping is cheaper too (4,90 euro only to The Netherlands).

I always order games in Germany because I it's faster and cheaper even after shipping. (Only games like Runebound/Arkham Horror I buy in English but those are really heavy on text.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
Please update your want/wishlists!!!

My target only has two OOP items on theirs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
dietevil wrote:
I ordered mine last night so it should be there well before the holidays. I do hope my person opens it early, because I will be waiting with baited breath to see if they liked the gift (it was from their wishlist but the most enthusiastic thing that wishlist said was "like to have"... no musts or love tos...) Guess that means they'll like the gift but not love it
I don't use the first to options because if I "must" have a game, I just buy it. I use the others to rank my preference of how much I'd like 'em.

I just got my shipment on its way and I hope it is well received. It's the only "Must Have" the person has on their list that is actually available. I didn't want to send a note to my target saying, "You're on pre-order."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Coffee drinkerMicrobadge: Married 25 yearsMicrobadge: I stole cookies from the cookie jarMicrobadge: I give out citizenship stars
tornadog wrote:
Go for the BigBox, he/she will love it. Quite a few people seem to forget to adjust their wishlists

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Jekel
Poland
Torun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered or pre-ordered... hope the game hits the shelves soon and gets to my target in time... now... my Secret Santa, where are you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [34] |