Thumb up
 Hide
842 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [34] | 

BGG» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: BGG Secret Santa 2007 Has Begun! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: christmas [+] secret-santa [+] Merry_Christmas [+] [View All]
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    Anyone have a lead on an online store with service to Israel?

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Breitenbach
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
Please update your want/wishlists!!!

My target only has two OOP items on theirs.
I think you just found the lucky recipient of the copies of Tongiaki: Journey into the Unknown and Vegas Showdown you're trying to trade away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bennett
United States
Grinnell
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:
I can live vicariously through people like you, Steve, though: I took a look at your own game collection (and have done so with a couple of other people), and it's amazing how much overlap their often is.
Yes, Carl, there's a lot of overlap. My target enjoys many of the same games I do, too. I sent one game I wasn't familiar with and one game that I know and enjoy.

If your target is mostly a lurker, that might just give you more license to experiment.

This whole thing is a blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tuttle
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jupiterchild wrote:
But one question... can I choose to NOT remain anonymous? What's everyone's opinion on this?

I don't see why you couldn't let your target know who you are. You may want to wait just a bit, as it seems some of the folks enjoy trying to figure out who their Secret Santa is.

Don't forget if you'd like to communicate with your target you can log in as Santa, Aldie has the details of how to do it in his OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bennett
United States
Grinnell
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
Please update your want/wishlists!!!

My target only has two OOP items on theirs.
I didn't sign up for the Secret Santa until the day before it closed because I didn't want to do it until I had had chance to look over my wishlist, which hadn't been updated in a long time. I've been so busy the last 3 or 4 months, and I didn't want to participate unless I was ready with an appropriate wishlist. Of course, I'm perfectly happy with something not on my wishlist if Santa has checked my tastes and knows of a better game.

I agree, Turtle, that it is common courtesy to provide some guidance for Santa. It sounds like you have a lot of latitude in dealing with your target. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orders for both my "official" BGG Secret Santa victim and my US-only Secret Santa victim placed. I'm taking a bit of a risk by having them shipped to my house for later repackaging -- the better to include the lawn cigars, razor blades for the kiddies, and Jim Beam that I know everyone loves at Christmas along with the games -- but I know my Christmas spirit is infectious, no matter if it arrives a day late or so.

I haven't received any notification yet about the Christmas card exchange, however. I think I might have to pick someone at random on BGG and send them creepy messages from the Santa account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:
    Anyone have a lead on an online store with service to Israel?

Sag.
Online stores in Israel have high prices and are pretty impossible to navigate if you don't speak Hebrew.

If you feel like braving it, you can check out http://freak.org.il

I don't know which stores in other countries would be best to order from for shipping. Usually when I get games I wait for people to be coming in from Canada or the States and send it with them.
... That's not much help for you though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bennett
United States
Grinnell
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
Orders for both my "official" BGG Secret Santa victim and my US-only Secret Santa victim placed.

Is there a US-only program, too? If so, how did I miss that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verseboy wrote:
bbenston wrote:
Orders for both my "official" BGG Secret Santa victim and my US-only Secret Santa victim placed.

Is there a US-only program, too? If so, how did I miss that?
I got yer US-only goods RIGHT HERE, son!

As for why you missed it, I dunno -- it might've been the Jim Beam I was referring to earlier, or as we like to call it around here, "Daddy's Christmas Spirit."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schaben
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
The Holidays have Officially begun! I'm getting ready to hop in the car for 4 hours and go to Mom's for Thanksgiving, but I had to finish my Secret Santa shopping first! laugh

That's quite an accomplishment for me! I loved trying to figure out what game(s) my "Target" would really enjoy. Hopefully, I picked the right ones. ~ It's a game for Christmas, how could it be wrong.

Thanks Aldie for setting this up. I'm in the holiday mood now; but I'm still not going to the Mall on Friday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bennett
United States
Grinnell
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be danged. Thanks for the link. Like you, I might have done both. Anyway, I'm a strong supporter of an international Secret Santa program. The possibility of reaching across borders with gifts is something that should be embraced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Through The Ages
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My target is a fairly new user who hasn't logged in for awhile. Not much fun to taunt!

I imagine when (s)he gets the goods I shipped today, (s)he'll go "oh, yeah... BGG Santa..."

So to whomever her/his target is, "you're welcome."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott De Regt
Australia
Montville
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so bloody awesome. I managed to get everything of my targets Must have list (except one which hasn't been released yet) shipped to them cheaper than I can buy myself 1 game over here.

I would have such a board game problem (addiction) if I lived over in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Bass fanMicrobadge: Bass fanMicrobadge: Bass playerMicrobadge: MusicianMicrobadge: Bluegrass fan
This site is the coolest thing ever! I got a geekmail from Santa. Apparently he's using FexEx these days and he even gave me a tracking number to let me know when it will get here.

OK here's my question for my giving (the more important part of the SS). I was hoping to give two gifts but the wishlist and my budget doesn't allow this to happen. I was thinking about getting Der Kurier der Fürstin aka The Courier of the Princess, even though it is not on their wishlist. The target has both Thurn and Taxis and Power and Glory. How does Der Kurier der Fürstin interact with Power and Glory? Do people think this is a good idea? I figured since they will be getting something they want and something that would give them more options for what they already, they would be both surprised and happy. Thoughts? Thanks ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scott
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Secret Santa package is away! Huzzah for the BGG Secret Santa!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott De Regt
Australia
Montville
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and the taunts from santa... Damn you with your fancy words for coal!!! (you know who you are... yuk )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun secret Santa Survey

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1876034#1876034

Maybe BGG Admin will be nice enough to post this under news along with the other secret santa.

Either way please check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack H.
United Kingdom
Rochester
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Package away!

An early Merry Christmas to all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
And Santa will be hitting Canada early this year, as my target's package is already on the way!

I didn't dare to wait on games with an "approximate arrival" of late Nov/early Dec, so it could have been niftier; I hope they'll enjoy it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
littlekeylime wrote:
My Target has an excellent wishlist...I'm having a difficult time deciding which ones to grace his gaming table with! I've got some great ideas to make the gift personal too. Wish I could be there when he gets it...

ps. Who knew stalking could be this much fun!
Lucky you!

Mine has 2 items.
That was mine the first year they did Secret Santa... It was just a decision of where to order...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco Ramorino
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ho! Ho! Ho!
OK, I just bought and sent my gift to my target in Minnesota ...
so i look forward for his reaction... I hope he enjoy his gift

Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
I can read you mind
badge
I am the eye in the sky, looking at you. I can read you mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools. i can cheat you blind. And I don't need to see anymore to know that....
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine's on the way to my Target, thanks to some very excellent customer service from

www.spellenhuis.nl.

Mega Christmas kudos to them for all their help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary C
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:
I was hoping to give two gifts but the wishlist and my budget doesn't allow this to happen. I was thinking about getting Der Kurier der Fürstin aka The Courier of the Princess, even though it is not on their wishlist. The target has both Thurn and Taxis and Power and Glory. How does Der Kurier der Fürstin interact with Power and Glory? Do people think this is a good idea? I figured since they will be getting something they want and something that would give them more options for what they already, they would be both surprised and happy. Thoughts? Thanks ahead of time.
I think it's a great idea and shows you actually looked into your target's preferences or owned list. I have not played Kurier with P&G yet, only with the base game. I would definitely send it to them.

Last year I received a second game which I didn't even know I wanted until I played it. My Santa included a note saying s/he thought I might like it. I was surprised and pretty happy about receiving a bonus from a considerate Santa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
helioa wrote:
Wouldn't it be cool if we had STATISTICS on Secret Santa? Like:
- number of participants
- participating countries and their % of targets against total
I echo this, I'd love to see some stats:

US: 700
Canada: 100
Australia: 50
Lichtenstein: 1

or whatever would be tres cool.

Mixo wrote:
Yiiippppiiieee, my trget is in Canada, bought a "Must Have" game from his wishlist at an online store in Canada - should arrive at his place soon....

Merry Christmas!!!
Oooh, that could be me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott De Regt
Australia
Montville
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pah... as if Canada would have more than us... isn't it too clod to play board games there??

Maybe us Aussies are just more vocal and give the false impression that there are more of us...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [34] |