Kevin Ellingson
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eightbit wrote:
Toy Fusions brick and mortar store is closed.

That is not entirely true. There is still a store at the same location as Toy Fusion used to be, only now it is called Heroes Alley. Two of the principles, Derrick and John, are board gamers and quite knowledgeable about the games. Further, this is still the location of our monthly Meetups on the first Saturday of the month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ellingson
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reapersaurus wrote:
I'd suggest catching one of the Meetups while you're here - there's the great location at Arden Dimmick library on Dec 22nd that is a great place to learn new games, or play favorites.

Go see the GeekLists of previous Sacto Meetups for an idea of some of the play (keeping in mind that if you're there, you can participate in the selection of which game is played).
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/tag/sacramento

You will need to check out our site, http://boardgames.meetup.com/19/, for the date of our Meetup at the Arden Dimick library in December. We are only allowed to reserve 6 dates at a time, so we do not yet know what date we will get in December. We usually try to get the third Saturday, so if we can get the date, the December Meetup will probably be on Dec. 20. If we can't get the library, we may try an alternate location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No one expects the Anne-ish Inquisition!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Morbid wrote:
davido wrote:
Tuesday meetups from 6pm to 11pm at Crepeville at 18th and L streets in Mid-town traffic. Please Geekmail if you need better directions.

we'd love to have a 'special bat-guest-star' at a meetup or two.
happy shopping and gaming.

David, do you guys meet every Tuesday or just once a month...

In case Davido doesn't get around to replying, we're pretty much every Tuesday (which you'll notice when you get around to the meetup link provided earlier).

Also, I've never been, but some have, to A-1 Comics and Games in Roseville: [url]http://www.a-1comics.com/events/e.html [/url]. I live in Elk Grove, which is clear on the other side of Sacramento relative to Roseville, so I don't get out that way often. But for you, since you'll be near there, you might as well stop by!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klellingson wrote:
Viking Hobby discounts board games 10% off MSRP.
It's a bummer they were closed on my way out of Sacramento Sunday morning. Though I did get to stop at Black Diamond games in Concord on my way to the airport in San Francisco. They were open by the time I got there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |