Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: gotw [+] [View All]
kiko chirol
Brazil
rio de janeiro
rio de janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Brazil back to Portugal, I'd like to introduce the Geek of this Week: Soledade! He is probably responsible for the intense exchange of ideas between the brazilian and portuguese communities throught the spielportugal blog. I must admit that he is a great reviewer, and helped me many times to choose which games to buy.

But now, the Geek of the Week on his own words!(http://boardgamegeek.com/user/Soledade)

Soledade wrote:
I'm 32 years old, I live in a small city in Portugal - Leiria. I'm married to Ana and I have a 5 year old daughter named Maria.

I love football and I'm a Sporting Clube de Portugal fan.

I've started to play games as a child. I've played Monopoly a lot and a game published in Portugal called Petroleo.
In the year 2000, following my passion for board games and not seeing them published in Portugal, I've ordered some titles from a French website. It was a blind purchase because I didn't really have access to sufficient information in order to choose those games. I got lucky. I bought Civilization, Settlers of Catan, Serenissima and El Grande. All of them from Descartes. From that time on I've never stopped playing board games.

I went to Spiel 06 and 07 where I met Martin Wallace and Mac Gerdts, these days, my favorite designers.

I like all kinds of games but have some particular interest in heavy ones.

I change my rates all the time. I'm a mood player.

I run a portuguese blog about boardgames with my gaming friends (http://spielportugal.blogspot.com/) and we have an annual prize for the best game - "Jogo do Ano"

"Jogo do Ano 2006 - Imperial, by Mac Gerdts"

Now, the 2 trues and one lie about him!

Soledade wrote:
#1 My favorite wine was a 1993 ChevalBlanc.

#2 I grew up in a small town and when I was a child me and my grouping friends use to have a tree house in a small island.

#3 One of the biggest mistakes of the cinema industry was not giving Elysabeth Shue an Oscar for Mike Figgi's Leaving Las Vegas.

have a nice week and I hope you enjoy this as much as me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kiko chirol
Brazil
rio de janeiro
rio de janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, let me start the questions:

1 - If you have to buy a game now to your daughter to give her when she got older, which one would be and why?
2 - Which are the most meaningful games in your colection, and why?
3 - Do you own any game that you hate, that will never reach the table? Which is it and why?
4 - If you have to compare your family with one game, which would be?

have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Olha olha, mais um!

Congratulations, one more Portuguese geek for the GW award! You do deserve it so congrats and enjoy the week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
congrats

Do you play any board/card football games? if so which ones, if not what would you be looking for in such a game?

-
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
GRATZ! on THATZ! While I'd like to kindly remind you guys here, that this "distinction" should be going to a FEMALE fellow "Geek" as well, in an alternating 'fashion' where possible, and NOT just handed around to your "friends"! Hell, I'd be doing THAT myself if I could get away with it then, so please refrain from abusing this "privilege" and I wish you the best on it then. Hey, somebody HAD to bring this UP here as I'm surely not the ONLY 'one' that may object about the matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro
Portugal
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
KICKSTARTER SOON !!!!!
badge
#NBS#
mbmbmbmb
Mais que justo.
Mas os "bifes" não vão perceber...
Eu percebo e subscrevo .
Parabéns ao Geek.

In English now:

More than fair.
But the "steaks" will not understand ... : P
I understand and agree.
Congratulations to the Geek.

Translation powered by google translate.

http://spielportugal.blogspot.com

ps- A Susan Sarandon mandou a Shue mamar a bucha.

#nbs#

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grande Paulo... um abraço

TAU!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
Mode: Nippon
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
GRATZ! on THATZ! While I'd like to kindly remind you guys here, that this "distinction" should be going to a rr fellow "Geek" as well, in an alternating 'fashion' where possible, and NOT just handed around to your "friends"! Hell, I'd be doing THAT myself if I could get away with it then, so please refrain from abusing this "privilege" and I wish you the best on it then. Hey, somebody HAD to bring this UP here as I'm surely not the ONLY 'one' that may object about the matter.

Edited because of this! No thread makes any sense after this. Sorry to those who supported. Special thanks to Chirol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
No one can stop you guys now. Leiria on Fire. Congrats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Abrunhosa
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parabéns Soledade,

sem dúvidas que tu és daqueles em quem o prémio encaixa na perfeição.

Achei muita graça ao jogo que mais odeias. Eu também o tenho e é curioso que quando falavas nas discuções que tinha com a tua namorada, me veio à memória uma discussão bem feia que tive com amigos, num piquenique, sobre o melhor local para viver... eu respondi uma localidade que não tinha nada a ver e claro, todos me caíram em cima por eu ser desonesto e trapaceiro, que só queria era ganhar... e blá,blá,blá!

Tudo de bom e um abraço!

Carlos
http://jogoeu.blogspot.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Luke
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parabéns a mais um tuga !
Portugal - Brasil - Portugal ....os "bifes" nem tocam na bola ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parabéns Paulo!! Pelo menos enquanto existirem linguistas de Camões do outro lado do oceano este facho não sai daqui laugh laugh

Questions:

1. Do you think your site's annual prize for the best game - "Jogo do Ano" is representative of the portuguese community? Why or why not?

2. You're one of the most prolific Portuguese speaking reviewers here in the BGG (to people who don't know this please take 5 minutes to check this one: A foreign perspective). Where do you find your inspiration?

3. You're a soccer fan. Would you trade the final soccer game where your team will win or loose the championship for a night of boardgamming? And if that night you would be able to meet your favorite designer?

This are your favorite games? What's the highs and lows of each one?

5. You're still looking for your Grail in games? What's that?

6. What has been your contribution for the Brazil-Portugal boardgame community?

I think your lie is #1

Have a great week!!

Manuel Pombeiro
aka Firepigeon
LUDO ERGO SUM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Meu Amigo, Parabéns! É bem merecido

Now here are some questions my friend

A) If you could choose any personality of any period of time, whom would you pick to play with you the following games:

- INGENIUOS (2 players)
- CAYLUS (3 players)
- AGE OF STEAM (4 players)
- EL GRANDE (5 players)
- POWER GRID (6 players)

B) What is so far your favourite memory of 2007?

C) Which are your wishes for 2008?

D) If you manage to go to Essen next year, whom would you like to meet there?

E) What would be your favourite Christmas gift?

F) If you could send one gift to any geek (besides your SS target), whom would you choose and what would you send him?

G) What is your favourite music band?

H) What is your favourite movie?

I) What is your favourite food/dish?

J) Which color you always play with?

Take your time

bye,
costa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Conceicao
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meeplemeeple Parabéns Paulo! Mais um Luso-Geek! Pelo andar da carruagem qualquer dia ninguém sabe quem é a Amália ou o Eusébio meeplemeeple

And now some questions in English altough they seem difficult to understand by non portuguese.

1 - 1960 The Making of the President or 1986 Mário Soares vs Cavaco Silva ? laugh

2 - Do you expect a third person using the Sporting Clube de Portugal (best Club in the WORLD) microbadge?

3 - Wines - Douro vs Alentejo?

4 - A difficult one ... Martin Wallace vs Mac Gerdts?

5 - Favourite Game Mechanics? Area Control? Resource management? Etc.

Saudações Leoninas!

Cheers!
Duarte

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on being GOTW.

Please keep this thread in english because

het is helemaal niet leuk dat ik de ballen ervan snap als het in het portugees is.

I believe most of us won't mind reading a few grammar mistakes. At least we are able to understand what is written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
GRATZ! on THATZ! While I'd like to kindly remind you guys here, that this "distinction" should be going to a rr fellow "Geek" as well, in an alternating 'fashion' where possible, and NOT just handed around to your "friends"! Hell, I'd be doing THAT myself if I could get away with it then, so please refrain from abusing this "privilege" and I wish you the best on it then. Hey, somebody HAD to bring this UP here as I'm surely not the ONLY 'one' that may object about the matter.

Edited because of this! No thread makes any sense after this. Sorry to those who supported. Special thanks to Chirol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soledade wrote:
fs1973 wrote:

F) If you could send one gift to any geek (besides your SS target), whom would you choose and what would you send him?

I think I would choose Manuel Pombeiro and send him a GW badge.

shake shake shake
Get up your ass and head on to Lisbon next weekend to the Monthly December Gathering of Lisbon!! That would be a great gift to me!!! (not mentioning to the other geeks in Lisbon also, that would be really pleasured to meet you)

Manuel Pombeiro
aka Firepigeon
LUDO ERGO SUM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Almeida
Portugal
Sintra
flag msg tools
Well chosen…
I can just say good things about from this fellow… And he is Portuguese...
hurrayyyy...
Congrats...
Keep the good work here in BGG and on your Blog.
meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Stangl
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulações, Soledade!

I'll throw a few words at you and would like you to write down the first game you associate with the word:

Roman Empire
Letter
Religion
Wine
Trains
Portugal
Mushroom
Country
Blue
Ocean
Highway
Pencil
Pop culture
War

Greetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri BR
Brazil
Rio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hei, Grog! everything fine?

i guess i can add some facts that'd help clarify this matter:

1st: i totally agree with you. and in fact, so does Achilles, the previous gotw.

since he's my most frequent gaming pal, he came to me to talk about chosing his follower, and we both agreed that - although he felt a strong impulse to hand it over to Soledade, who without a doubt deservers the honor - Achilles would rather NOT do it, for the reasons you've pointed out (in a very kind and polite way, i must also add, thx for that!).

2nd: SO, with this in mind, Achilles chose another geek (let's not bother mentioning the name of a third part), an English-speaking European male geek, with no direct relation to him whatsoever. (Achilles chose him because he'd read a couple reviews and session reports he really enjoyed, written by the guy.)

3rd thing is, after 2 emails sent, and having the said english-speaking geek logged a couple of times, Achilles got NO ANSWER AT ALL from him.

due to the days wasted in trying to contact the guy, time was running out and so Achilles had to turn to Soledade again.

4th is not so important, but i guess it might be fair to add that Achilles and Soledade have never met in person and are from different continents (which i guess are the base rules for chosing the gotw followers).

so yes, i do agree it'd have been better if Achilles suceeded in naming a less acquainted geek, for the sake of variety; but, given the circunstances, i guess it's not a big problem and, most of all, i'd be really sad if this matter would diminished in any way the much deserved chosing of Soledade as gotw. he's a valuable member of this community and a really nice guy.

---

WELL, hope i made myself clear, and thx for your attention. i thought it'd be better for me to clarify this points, instead of one of the more directly involved coleagues.

(oh and Grog, thx again for the kind help on my recent campaign to get an avatar! )

greetings to you all and grats to Soledade,

Dimitri.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kiko chirol
Brazil
rio de janeiro
rio de janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And this is his week, so I will ask a few more questions:

1- If the Sporting Club Lisbon was a game, what it would be? (this one was made to me and I liked a lot...)
2- Do you like 2 players games? Which ones?
3- What's your opinion about dices?

well, grats again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Rodrigues
Portugal
Lisboa
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Congrats (Parabéns)

Muito merecido, sem duvida o melhor reviewer Português... Forca thumbsup

Deserved Gotw, without a doubt the best Portuguese reviewer.

Now some questions if you allow me:
Favourite Martin Wallace game?
Where do the best games come from?
Amerithrash or EuroThrash and your thoughts on both.

Grats again
Ricardo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.