Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Dickey
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning a trip to San Diego next week and would like to know if where I can find a game store in the area.

thanks

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Towne
3954 Harney St
San Diego, CA 92110
(619) 291-1666

It's located in Old Town, so it's ideal for tourists. It's a few blocks from the trolley station and has a pretty good selection.

BTW Be sure to check out the San Diego Model Railroad Museum in Balboa Park. It's the largest model railroad exhibit in the country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as a previous resident of San Diego, its pretty much Game Towne (in scenic Old Towne) or Game Empire (more of a strip mall environment in north county) both are great shops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GameTowne for service, Game Empire for selection.
Don't expect to find bargains at either one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where exactly are you visiting in San Diego? The city itself?

If you make it up to the North County, I recommend Pair-a-Dice Games (www.gamecove.com)

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross_ wrote:
GameTowne for service, Game Empire for selection.
Don't expect to find bargains at either one.

Game Empire for both, I think. It's a terrific store. We're lucky to have one up here in Pasadena, too.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fantastic
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Game Towne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, Game Towne is an institution. Must be at least 25 years old? I remember riding my bike 55 miles to go to it (and get a ride back from a friend with a van).

The old Game Empire location was cool, though. Tables coming out of the ceiling so you could play a game for a few hours and put it back into the ceiling until the next time you played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Waits
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFlanagan wrote:
Yeah, Game Towne is an institution. Must be at least 25 years old? I remember riding my bike 55 miles to go to it (and get a ride back from a friend with a van).

Nice. This town is great for cycling. Hope you're still doing it in NY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mb
swaits wrote:
DrFlanagan wrote:

Nice. This town is great for cycling. Hope you're still doing it in NY.

I wish! Upstate NY is too icy/snowy/rainy for cycling except in summer, and then I'm too busy researching or writing to take advantage as of yet. Hopefully this summer....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFlanagan wrote:

The old Game Empire location was cool, though. Tables coming out of the ceiling so you could play a game for a few hours and put it back into the ceiling until the next time you played.

I think it might be 30 ish, I used to go there when I lived there in the early 80s!

I used to also go to " the Command Post" In Kearny mesa and "Military Emporium" in El Cajon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mb
dude163 wrote:
DrFlanagan wrote:

I think it might be 30 ish, I used to go there when I lived there in the early 80s!

I used to also go to " the Command Post" In Kearny mesa and "Military Emporium" in El Cajon

You are probably right. I never made it to the Military Emporium, but did make it a few times to the Command Post. Really, really hard ride up Balboa Ave from La Jolla--tons of killer hills (we didn't know about the bike path from USCD to Balboa Ave back then, if it was even in existence.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls