Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as I saw some of the cards in the gallery of the game here at BGG, I started to track owners that might want to sell the game. Now I am one of the happy owners of IGOR: The Mad Scientist's Lament.

Components

108 Game Cards, 9 Tokens, 1 Special Igor Dice.

Blue Print cards are used to create machines that provide the player that owns it to achieve certain abilities.

Part Cards are the core of the game since the combination of these cards shapes the machines of the Blue Prints we have decided to follow.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! Cards are instant effect cards that modify the game several ways, from making a player draw or steal cards to switching the entire hand of the players.

Once the right number of parts is in play a machine is completed and a token is placed over the blue print to define that condition.

What makes this game unique is the concept that the dice is a living character. You'll see the dice represents Igor that steals parts for his master: YOU. Once the Igor dice is rolled it's sides define what Igor has done for his master. You can scream all you want but Igor usually does what he wants...

Objective

To win 10 victory points.

Gameplay

This game is very simple yet very enjoyable. It starts by dealing seven cards to each player and shaping the dumpster pile with 5 cards from the deck. From there each player takes a turn by rolling first the Igor dice and doing what the rules define each side of the dice does and later playing one of 3 actions.

The actions are:
- play a plan card from your hand
- play a blue print
- draw a card from the main pile.

The Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! Cards can really mess with the chances of a player since they are played usually as an action but some at any time.

On each blueprint there is what the machine can do for the player, the victory points it provides and the parts needed to build it. Once a player has enough parts in play he/she scraps them to the dumpster pile and places a token over the blueprint card: That machine is now functional! and gives the owner some cool benefits.

Conclusion

This game is awesome !! We play it almost everyday at least once since it is very portable, easy to understand and really enjoyable. The drawings are simple yet they work in benefit of the game system because the players does not have to stare much to recognize the cards.

Personally I am an artwork lover, I like to have cards with great drawings, plastic miniatures and a cool box but this is the right exception to my own rule: The box is ok, the cards are ok, but the game is FANTASTIC!! I wouldn't change anything on it, not even the artwork.

I can definitely say that this is the most played game of my collection and will remain that way forever.... Yes, forever.

I give it a 10 of 10 for the great replayability and enormous fun we have... Now I must leave to play another round of Igor. See ya around !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your review! I'm glad you like the game.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work adding images into the review. A good feature.

IGOR is one of the more underrated Beer & Pretzels games I've played, and I'd give it "best in show" for mad scientist themed games. Though I wish the Bwahaha cards had titles... it's a pain to reference "that bwahaha card that makes you do this...", and it feels like a missed opportunity for more thematic humor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, Second Edition Bwahahahahahaha! cards have titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.