Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a couple of official variants I've been trying out, the ideas come from a mixture of comments here on BGG, some ideas of my own and Yehuda's input:

1) In the advanced game, the person who's monster is alive gets a bonus of 3 points instead of five.

2) When buying cards from a graveyard and when paying off Villager's Uprisings you may use any combination of one or more cards and cash.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Willcox
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife and I regularly play a variant of variant 2 (!) in which you can pay off the Villager's Uprising using combinations of cards or money as opposed to money or one card. It seems to work well.

Have you considered doing an expansion? I thought you could have lightning cards or something which you need, along with a reanimation device to, well, reanimate your monster.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a variant game where there are negative point part cards (like peg leg, broken arm, etc.) that work to complete your monster but give small negative points.
But I'm trying to decide on the exact rules for how the auction for these cards would work bestI'm considering these ideas for the auction:
1)the person who bids the least gets it
2) whoever bids the most can give it to anyone
3) normal auction but winner gets paid the negative amount for taking it.

& whoever ends up with the part must use it unless they pay the amount to remove/replace it.

Any suggestions would be welcome
(other than: don't do it you'll break the game/spirit/rules. I know that already).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls