Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil McCrum
United States
Brea
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to my favorite game store on Monday, The Game Castle, only to find an empty store. They have shut down. Does anyone know whether they have actually shut down or just moved? There were no signs that I noticed.

I also saw on another thread that the game store in Diamond Bar has shut down. This appears to leave only Brookhurst Hobbies? Is that true?

Does anyone know currently where the good DnD and board-game stores are in Orange County or relatively close?

Regards,

Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Witchey
United States
Laguna Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game Castle did close down and had a major sell off.

There is Comic Quest off El Toro just south of where the 405 and 5 meet. They may be a bit too far south for you, but they do have RPG games as well as board games and minitures.

23811 Bridger Rd Ste 100
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Phone: (949) 951-9668
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brookhurst Hobbies
12188 Brookhurst St
Garden Grove, CA 92840
(714) 636-3580
www.brookhursthobbies.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P M M wrote:
I went to my favorite game store on Monday, The Game Castle, only to find an empty store. They have shut down. Does anyone know whether they have actually shut down or just moved? There were no signs that I noticed.

I also saw on another thread that the game store in Diamond Bar has shut down. This appears to leave only Brookhurst Hobbies? Is that true?

Does anyone know currently where the good DnD and board-game stores are in Orange County or relatively close?

Regards,

Phil

Dude - you missed all the chatter on here talking about the big sales they had. Sadly, though, they are gone.

All Star Games in Diamond Bar closed its doors back in 2005.

Brookhurst is about it now. I think there is still a Game Master in the Laguna Hills Mall, but their selection is very limited.

Come on up to LA - with Gameology and Game Empire, the San Gabriel Valley is THE hot spot for game stores now (lucky me!)

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com (where you can find podcasts about the game stores in LA...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sad to see them go. I didn't make it up there during their big sale since I live in Foothill Ranch now and a decent drive. Though a few of my friends did make it there. I used to shop there a lot when I was going to Cal State Fullerton back in late 80's.

I live pretty close to Comic Quest though I've had several bad experiences there so tend not to shop there. When I want to browse I'll head to Brookhurst Hobbies but that's a good drive too. Pretty much do all my "browsing" on BGG now and shopping online. The long drive just isn't worth it anymore sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McCrum
United States
Brea
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone for your replies. I had just been in to Game Castle a month or so ago and knew nothing about them closing! Yikes!

I am very appreciative of you all putting the addresses and phone numbers. I knew about Brookhurst Hobbies which is slightly inconvinent for me to get to (compared to Anaheim and Diamond Bar). I guess I will have to turn my trips into adventures.

And I will check out the further-flung places in San Gabriel et al.

Thanks again! And happy gaming!

--Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the War House in Long Beach (Willow east of the 710) and Third Planet (smaller selection - PCH near Hawthorne Boulevard) in Torrance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheylon wrote:

All Star Games in Diamond Bar closed its doors back in 2005.

Are you serious?! I loved All Star Games and shopped there frequently! I guess I moved at the right time. That's a bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of Course now out of the ashes of The Game Castle, we have.....

Dicehouse Games www.dicehousegames.com

Back near the frist location of Game Castle in fullerton.

2493 E. Chapman Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92831 (map)

714-871-6494

Sun - Thu : 11 - 8
Fri - Sat : 11 - 9

H
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls