Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
87 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Space the Math Trade Forum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Tuttle
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike are you going to get a request geek list going?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
you might formalize the trade resolution (e.g. Trademaximizer version, use of weightings, tie breakers, etc.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea for a trade theme!

Are sweeteners also limited to the space theme? or just the main entries?

thanks for running the trade!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Time for something new! and green goo and evil zombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Space[balls]: The Math Trade.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me about it. I have 28 games on my trade list and only ONE fits this theme (that's why I'm not a huge fan of themed math trades).

Now if we could include INNER space, I could add another 3 or 4 entries - better stuff too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,

Are you still allowing all things geek/space related? In the announcement forum, that's what you stated. But in the rules for the MT, there was nothing that alluded to that. So... DVDs, Books, Toys... in a space theme... allowed?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
Tell me about it. I have 28 games on my trade list and only ONE fits this theme (that's why I'm not a huge fan of themed math trades).

Now if we could include INNER space, I could add another 3 or 4 entries - better stuff too.
Convince me that inner space is applicable and I'll ok it. Heck I was almost willing to go for lack os "space" in a closet.
It's an alien world down there in the inky blackness...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the trade would open up more if you expanded the theme to Sci-Fi...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Jeffy supporting this MT with his OLWLG tool? Not as critical as it is in the 1,000+ entry MTs, but still handy at all levels.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
Want list format

100 Aliens 26 Farscape 33 Doom 44 Space Beans

#100 Aliens is your game... the other three games are the ones you want.
This is an example... reality always varies.
That format isn't going to work, at least not with TradeMaximizer, and if you are planning to allow duplicate protection. See

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/TradeMaximizer#toc6

The problem is that space(s) are used to seperate items in the want list so it looks like lot name "100" has 8 items on it's want list.

In addition, a (your bgg username) is needed if duplicate protection is being used.

Requiring a colon between the lot name and the wants is also usually used to help detect and catch cut/paste problems where lines are either split or combined.

Unless just the geeklist item numbers is being used (ie. 1 2 3) for the lot names, a master list (summary) is needed as everyone needs to use the same exact (though case is ignored by default) lot names. For example, can't have one user using 44-SpaceBeans and another using 44-SBeans.

So a better example may be:

(mbourgeois) 100-Aliens : 26-Farscape 33-Doom 44-SpaceBeans

Assuming those are the lot names to be used. If you are using just the geeklist item numbers it would be:

(mbourgeois) 100 : 26 33 44

and you better hope no one deletes an item from the middle of the geeklist
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
Canada
Nobleton
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this list close tonight, Jan 15, at midnight, or tomorrow at midnight?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
Is Jeffy supporting this MT with his OLWLG tool? Not as critical as it is in the 1,000+ entry MTs, but still handy at all levels.
Ok, it's setup. OLWLG info is at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,

You are posting a Summary of the items in the Math Trade at some point after midnight tonight, right?

Just want to be sure....

Best,
Stephen, "The Evil One"
--TEO

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/items/user/cuzzle

has listed TI3 in the "Cabin Fever" math trade as well as this "Space Math Trade". Will a blank want list be submitted for the Space math trade? and note:

Quote:

7)If you enter a game into my trade list... this is the only trade list you should have it in. No hedging your bet please.
Twilight Imperium (noted above) entry 26, and Mission: Red Planet are the only items of interest to me here, BUT I'm not listing anything in the Cabin Fever math trade until the dust settles on this Space math trade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
Michael,

You are posting a Summary of the items in the Math Trade at some point after midnight tonight, right?

Just want to be sure....

Best,
Stephen, "The Evil One"
--TEO

Michael,

I recommend that you update the heading post in this Thread, as well as the one in the Math Trade List, to show the new format for Want List submissions. People will be confused (and you'll get a lot of improperly formated Want Lists) if you don't make that correction...

Also, please let me know about my above question, i.e. if/when you will be posting a Summary for the Space Math Trade.

Many thanks in advance.

Best,
Stephen, "The Evil One"
--TEO
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredo Lorente
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK guys,

This is my first math trade. I have tried to figure out what the numbers in the example mean. You know what?

I am starting to think I am dense.

Are those supposed to be the value I place on the item, the database ID number for the game, or something else?

You can PM me or post to the list.

Thanks!

Alfredo Lorente


mbourgeois wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
mbourgeois wrote:
Want list format

100 Aliens 26 Farscape 33 Doom 44 Space Beans

#100 Aliens is your game... the other three games are the ones you want.
This is an example... reality always varies.
That format isn't going to work, at least not with TradeMaximizer, and if you are planning to allow duplicate protection. See

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/TradeMaximizer#toc6

...

So a better example may be:

(mbourgeois) 100-Aliens : 26-Farscape 33-Doom 44-SpaceBeans

Assuming those are the lot names to be used. If you are using just the geeklist item numbers it would be:

(mbourgeois) 100 : 26 33 44

and you better hope no one deletes an item from the middle of the geeklist

Ok since it's been pointed out to me that my format will not work the one above... as pasted here for you...

(mbourgeois) 100-Aliens : 26-Farscape 33-Doom 44-SpaceBeans


will be the format to use. Do not worry about the names... I will fix that part myself. All I ask is that you check your offerings to me before you send them... and when I again post the finals... CHECK YOUR LISTING AGAIN... YOU CAN CHECK YOUR OFFERING AS IT IS RENDERED AGAINST THE SUMMARY I WILL POST. 'kay, nuff loud talk. Now when the math trade ends... the offering of want lists can officially begin. However... if you know what you want... and you're sure it's all you're going to get... then send in your want list at any time.

Again the format...

(mbourgeois) 100-Aliens : 26-Farscape 33-Doom 44-SpaceBeans

And I will fix the names for TradeMax. Oh and if you want the trade dupe... then follow the link above in Jeff's note... it'll give you the straight and skinny on what you need to know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the first number-name is YOUR game that you want to trade. the other number-names are the games that you would trade YOUR game for.

(davido) 101-Greatgame: 345-Grailgame 466-Gameiwant 567-Othergame

so this means that I'm willing trade 101-Greatgame for any of the other 3 games listed afterwards. Mike will post an 'official' summary that will have the accepted abbreviations for all games in this trade.

If you don't use Jeffyjeff's tool, COPY these EXACTLY to create your list.

each game that you entered in this trade will follow the above format. If you don't want to trade a game, just put the game ID and do NOT put any identifiers afterwards-this is a 'blank list' and means the game won't trade. but by putting this in, Mike and others know that you didn't forget and deliberately decided NOT to trade the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredo Lorente
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... No, I'm dense.

"101-Greatgame:"

What is 101?

Say that I have Brilliant Lances for trade (which I do, if it matters). What do I do? Would this be correct?

(alfredo lorente) 3894-Brilliant Lances: 21882-Blue Moon City 24878-AT-43 24935-Anima: the Shadow of Omega

The number before the game is the Game ID, as listed in the upper-right hand corner of the geek's entry for the game. Is that what the number is?

And, do I PM this to the trade manager? Do I post it to the Geek list? And what if I want to do sweeteners, like Brilliant Lances and Battle Rider (10966)?

After reading the primer, I thought I had a clue. I wish I had my quarter back...

Alfredo Lorente




davido wrote:
the first number-name is YOUR game that you want to trade. the other number-names are the games that you would trade YOUR game for.

(davido) 101-Greatgame: 345-Grailgame 466-Gameiwant 567-Othergame

so this means that I'm willing trade 101-Greatgame for any of the other 3 games listed afterwards. Mike will post an 'official' summary that will have the accepted abbreviations for all games in this trade.

If you don't use Jeffyjeff's tool, COPY these EXACTLY to create your list.

each game that you entered in this trade will follow the above format. If you don't want to trade a game, just put the game ID and do NOT put any identifiers afterwards-this is a 'blank list' and means the game won't trade. but by putting this in, Mike and others know that you didn't forget and deliberately decided NOT to trade the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hang in there.

101 would the game's order in the geeklist-e.g. GeekList Entry 101.

the combo of Geeklist EntryNumber plus Game name/abbreviation ensures that each entry is unique (e.g. there may be 5 Star Wars CCG starter decks, but each one is a seperate GeekList entry but with different shipping restrictions, sweeteners, etc. etc.). the combo ensures that you list and request unique games. keep asking
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
RoamDog wrote:
Is Jeffy supporting this MT with his OLWLG tool? Not as critical as it is in the 1,000+ entry MTs, but still handy at all levels.
Ok, it's setup. OLWLG info is at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648
Jeff, can you update OLWLG with the current list? I understand that it's a manual process you have to do, right?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Greer
South Carolina
msg tools
designer
I must be missing something. What's the official "code" for each item (i.e.: 6-MONKE)? We don't just make up our own, do we?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anything is setup to submit wantlists yet. The format at the top of the page isn't correct.

1 Paranoia Mandatory Card Game

has to be something like

1-paranoia

And it appears, I guess for that reason, that JeffyJeff's list tool isn't setup yet either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did mine up in JeffyJeff's math trade tool, but I can't seem to get it to kick out the list so that I can e-mail it. Am I missing something or has something not been setup yet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vydar wrote:
I did mine up in JeffyJeff's math trade tool, but I can't seem to get it to kick out the list so that I can e-mail it. Am I missing something or has something not been setup yet?
I haven't seen an official summary yet that's in a usable format, and the tool needs that to know what the names of the lots.

May I propose that my machine generated summary be used, ie

http://activityclub.org/bgg/temp/games-space.txt

???
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |