Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter stenberg wrote:
Why did you guys shoot down Swedish airforce over Skien ?

Have to test whether those planes are any good. If they are, we may buy them. Each we manage to shoot down makes it more likely that we will buy JSF instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ushiri Stenberg
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Harald wrote:
Peter stenberg wrote:
Why did you guys shoot down Swedish airforce over Skien ?

Have to test whether those planes are any good. If they are, we may buy them. Each we manage to shoot down makes it more likely that we will buy JSF instead.
Haha.. I know what you mean, but the plane on the picture is "Saab Viggen A37" an old plance, you mean JAS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Going to Olso for a few days this weekend and just found this thread, but it's quite old. Just wondered if the info was still valid. Are Outland and Notabene the best places to try for games in Olso?

thanks

matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Outland and Østbanehallen is still there (map: http://kart.gulesider.no//index.c?id=a_179413 )
But I think the other one has moved. In any case, it's now in Kirkegata (map: http://kart.gulesider.no/m/pRhQ5 )
As you can probably see, they are only 3 blocks away from each other :)
Fair warning: They're quite expensive. We have an Outland where I live as well, but as it's pretty much the only shop of that kind in town, there's no competition. They do have excellent staff though, so I seldom come out empty handed :) Last time (Free Comic Book Day last saturday) I got lucky and they had a 3 for 2 sale on all boardgames. Spent way more than I should have, as usual :)

Notabene is more of a book/card/hobbystore really, with some select games on the side, but these are usually only from the family/party genre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks for the info and the super speedy response. It will be my first time in Norway and really looking forward to it. I am taking part in the Holmenkollstafetten on Saturday but should have some time for some shop browsing.

Gawain wrote:
The Outland and Østbanehallen is still there (map: http://kart.gulesider.no//index.c?id=a_179413 )
But I think the other one has moved. In any case, it's now in Kirkegata (map: http://kart.gulesider.no/m/pRhQ5 )
As you can probably see, they are only 3 blocks away from each other
Fair warning: They're quite expensive. We have an Outland where I live as well, but as it's pretty much the only shop of that kind in town, there's no competition. They do have excellent staff though, so I seldom come out empty handed Last time (Free Comic Book Day last saturday) I got lucky and they had a 3 for 2 sale on all boardgames. Spent way more than I should have, as usual

Notabene is more of a book/card/hobbystore really, with some select games on the side, but these are usually only from the family/party genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, good luck with that! :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just back from Oslo and managed to visit both Outland Stores. The one on Kirkegata is certainly the best of the two, about twice the size. They have a huge range of games and accessories and lots of Lego as well and a section selling LARP costumes.

The prices were steep as expected and I did not buy anything but did spend about an hour browsing and chatting to the staff who were very friendly.

They also have some tables set up to play on but nobody was playing whilst I was in there.

Definitely worth a visit if you find yourself in Oslo.

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Maxwell
Norway
Kløfta
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am glad to hear that you had a good time! Although I do like the larger Outland on Kirkegata, I also like the one at Østbanehallen, however maybe that can be down to the reduced priced games table? (I've not picked anything up from that table just yet!) Anyway, I was at the one at Østbanehallen today and I picked up Factory Fun and the only copy of Cyclades! Unfortunately, steep prices are to be expected when you go to a brick and mortar store in Norway . Did you see the Death Star Lego set going for nearly 10000 kroner or the Millennium Falcon Lego Set for 9000? Insane prices! Also they have Warhammer 40K stuff, but I haven't quite gotten into that game yet. They also sell some imported Japanese sundries for cheap which is very cool!

There is a gaming festival in Oslo from 23 June to 26 June up near Ullevål Stadium. [geekurl=http://www.spillfestival.no/]Arcon 27[/geekurl]

Jerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |