Niels Muñoz
Netherlands
The Hague
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will travel to Aachen this weekend and desperately want to go shopping for boardgames - could you send me addresses of boardgame shops?

Nächte Wochenende bin ich in Aachen und möchte Brettspiele kaufen. Bitte schicken Sie mir Adressen wo ich Brettspiele kaufen kann.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
We couldn't find any dedicated game shops when we visited last autumn. There was a large toy shop in the town centre which had a reasonable selection of boardgames upstairs. I think it was at the top end of Ursulinerstr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas P. Felder
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking for boardgames, you'll should enter "Spielwaren" or "Gesellschaftsspiele", because "Brettspiele" is not as common.

At Google, you'll find some shops, e.g. the Mayer'sche Buchhandlung (=book store with some games available):
http://www.mayersche.de/onlineshop.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Muñoz
Netherlands
The Hague
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually I visit:

Teddy & Co (Ursulinerstrasse 17-19)
Galeria Kaufhof (Adalbertstrasse 20)

I live in The Hague (Netherlands) where there are 2 dedicated boardgameshops. Aachen is far bigger than The Hague and in Germany (Boardgame Heaven) - there must be some shops dedicated to boardgames. German Geeks please respond!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not from Aachen, but i have an idea. Try to google for MagicTheGathering Expert Stores. These can easily be found and offer a lot of boardgames (most often...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

If you want to shop for boardgames when you visit Aachen please you MUST do the following:

Travel to Dusseldorf which is an hour away and on the Graf Adolfstrasse which is 500 meters from the Central Station in Dusseldorf you will find opposite the Kaufhof the 'Mage Game Store'.

This large store carries an amazing amount and variety of games which varies from '1960 the making of a president' to 'Advanced Tobruk System'. They have wargames, fantasy games and a LOT of Euro games, including the latest releases (also English versions)

If you plan to buy some regular stuff, there is a 'normal' gamestor (Luttgenau) 200 meters further down the road or you can go to the Kaufhof shopping Mall which is opposite the Mage Game Store.

The shopkeeper, Kossy, is very helpful and you won't regret it!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
http://spielaktuell.de is close to Aachen and I think they have an actual B+M shop, you may want to check them out, I've dealt with them (online only) several times and they were very friendly+helpful. They have very good prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Heidbuechel
Germany
Stolberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this is a little late but to put an end to this discussion, there are in fact stores in Aachen where you can buy boardgames.

The best adress is Spielmix Aachen Peterstraße 20 +49 241/4635506 [url]http://www.spielmix.com [/url], but the above mentioned store Teddy & Co. Ursulinerstr. 17-19 +49 241 30790 is also ok and sometimes has special prices on boardgames.

There are at least 2-3 more as far as I know, but they are smaller and not too big into boardgames.

If you have a bit of time, you should phone https://www.spielaktuell.de/ and find out, whether someone is in the office. It is some 15 miles to drive and has limited assortment in store, but a nice chat with the owners is allways a pleasure and prices are good...

So absolutely no need to go to Düsseldorf for that, should you ever come to Aachen , you'll find everything you need...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Near Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This is my brand new OverText :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
HiHo,

Spielmix is worth trying. Some games for medium prices.

In Teddy and Co they have secial prices for some KOSMOS games:

Elasund
Blue Moon City
Hart an der Grenze

all are about 10 € each.

I visited both shops on monday.
There is also an Intertoys in Aachen but that's not worth trying.

best regards
Chris (from near Aachen)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D i a n a
Indonesia
Jakarta Barat
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
are there more new boardgames stores open in Aachen ?
What is close biggest city near Aachen that have good stores worth to visit to (in terms of bargain deal & variety)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Fischer
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Gamestore opened in Aachen in February 2013, where you can find all sorts of boardgames, esp. strategic games and family games. Furthermore MAGIC, YuGiOh and RPGs.... it's called Würfelkiste and located in the Jakobstrasse 57, near the market place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from New User Questions to Discussing Retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Maley
Belgium
flag msg tools
keeps the doctor away
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carpet2004 wrote:
New Gamestore opened in Aachen in February 2013, where you can find all sorts of boardgames, esp. strategic games and family games. Furthermore MAGIC, YuGiOh and RPGs.... it's called Würfelkiste and located in the Jakobstrasse 57, near the market place
I visited this store last weekend (jan 2015). They have a nice selection in a pretty small shop. There are a few tables in the back and they have some games you can play there.
The people in the shop where very helpful and friendly.
The only drawback were the problems with their stock. For a few games they had an expansion but the base game was sold out. There was a problem with the supplier.

All in all a nice little shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irina Burlacu
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hello everyone!
Anyone can suggest where to find a board game printing company in Aachen? More companies?

Many many thanks,
R.

mazinho wrote:
I will travel to Aachen this weekend and desperately want to go shopping for boardgames - could you send me addresses of boardgame shops?

Nächte Wochenende bin ich in Aachen und möchte Brettspiele kaufen. Bitte schicken Sie mir Adressen wo ich Brettspiele kaufen kann.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls