Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
37 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: MATH TRADES for Dummies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Articles [+] read_later [+] Math [+] Trade [+] Basics [+] [View All]
CR Holmes
Canada
lazo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
tmib wrote:

Heh, we were working on things at the same time. I just sat down and did a big edit of your post, fixing some grammar, run on sentences, and typographical stuff, but not really changing your content much.

I can mail you the edits in Microsoft Word doc format so you can see the edits called out explicitly, or you can just see the full thing here and compare to what you have:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df32v9q4_0gfmj7zvq

It appears that you've already incorporated many of these edits, probably as you just updated your last revision.

This post should probably be made into a wiki entry asap, so that folks can make appropriate edits and fixes.

Great job by the way!

--TMIB

Thx again Tracy, all your edits were quite appreicated as you can see I took some and I left some but I hope you like them. I like my "non formal" layout of the topic as this is directed from a "noob" to "noobs" so to speak so I didn't want it to be formal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a tool for moderators which generates the "Official Names List"?

Edit: OK, I got it. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CR Holmes
Canada
lazo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would talk to Carl (carl67lp) but I'm pretty sure that OLWLG (when you login as the creator of the MT) does that for you, if its not that then I would say that TradeMaximizer is the tool.

CR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
With all the images missing, this guide has become much less useful than it used to be. :/ crp_rulz: Any chance of restoring the initial post to its former splendor? Or does anyone else happen to have a copy of this document _with_ images, so it can be reposted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Koopmans
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
With all the images missing, this guide has become much less useful than it used to be. :/ crp_rulz: Any chance of restoring the initial post to its former splendor? Or does anyone else happen to have a copy of this document _with_ images, so it can be reposted?

Agreed. Or is there a better thread to be looking at now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blhootz Yinshalot
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed again. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone is coming to fill in the missing photos or update this thread.

I just watched some videos here that gave me a brief overview of the Math Trade process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeshko wrote:
Or is there a better thread to be looking at now?

Here's a very comprehensive GeekList on the topic: Math Trade Walkthrough/FAQ for newbies.

It's relatively new, so there won't be any out-of-date info on it. Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Quote:
Second RULE: NEVER EVER EVER EVER !!! (DID I SAY THAT ENOUGH) EVER!!! DELETE AN ITEM off a MT

Recent math trades have removed this rule. It applied to a small number of people who write down the numbers and ignored the vast majority that are able to realize that the order might change and easily compensate. Recent moderators now allow it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin
Germany
flag msg tools
In the OWLGUASD Tool is the connection of checkboxes "And" or "Or"?

If i want Game 1 and offer my Games A, B and C ...

Does that mean i offer "A or B or C" or "A and B and C" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin1980 wrote:
In the OWLGUASD Tool is the connection of checkboxes "And" or "Or"?

Uh, what?

Quote:
If i want Game 1 and offer my Games A, B and C ...

Does that mean i offer "A or B or C" or "A and B and C" ?

You would do well to read the Math Trade Walkthrough/FAQ for newbies that I linked just two posts above yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got a question, and hopefully my example is clear.

Let's say I have two items in the math trade $50, $60
And there are two listings for the same item A, B
The catch though is that A and B are not the same, A also has a sweetener for an expansion (or maybe the condition is just better, all that matters is that one item is superior to the other)

I only need one copy of the game, so I made a Group Entry. I am fine with paying $50 for either A or B, which is the example listed in the guide.

The tricky part though is that for $60, I'm only want item A. Using the Group Entry isn't ideal, since I could end up paying $60 for B (which I don't want). So my current line of thinking is maybe manually list item A for $60, and use the Group Entry for $50? Would that work for what I want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.