Popular Tags: [View All]
Philippe Keppens
Belgium
Meldert
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I will be in Copenhagen in may of this year. Because I love Ticket to Ride and want to buy a copy of TTR: Nordic Countries, my question is:

Is there someone who can give me the adress of a store in Copenhagen who sells TtR: Nordic Countries?

Many thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Philippe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Try "Farao's Cigarer", Skindergade 27
www.faraos.dk

or

Fantask
Skt. Peders Stræde 35
DK-1453 København K.
Danmark
Telefon: (+45) 33 93 85 38
www.fantask.dk

Those are the two largest game stores in Copenhagen, but with Danish prices I think you will get it much cheaper by ordering direct from DoW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lindgaard wrote:
but with Danish prices I think you will get it much cheaper by ordering direct from DoW.
You are missing the fact that the game isn't sold by Days of Wonder.

The Nordic edition was commisioned especially for the Scandinavian market by the Finnish publisher Lautapelit, and it isn't available outside Scandinavia - not even from DoW.

So the only way to save a bit of money would be to cross the Oresund bridge and buy it from a shop in Malmoe, Sweden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
You are missing the fact that the game isn't sold by Days of Wonder
Right. I didn't know until now . . . how embarrasing blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to buy it too, but it is really really really expensive, so I don't know how much you're willing to pay for it, but keep that in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Keppens
Belgium
Meldert
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lindgaard wrote:
Try "Farao's Cigarer", Skindergade 27
www.faraos.dk

or

Fantask
Skt. Peders Stræde 35
DK-1453 København K.
Danmark
Telefon: (+45) 33 93 85 38
www.fantask.dk

Those are the two largest game stores in Copenhagen, but with Danish prices I think you will get it much cheaper by ordering direct from DoW.
Thank you really much for the adresses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Keppens
Belgium
Meldert
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faerun wrote:
I wanted to buy it too, but it is really really really expensive, so I don't know how much you're willing to pay for it, but keep that in mind.
It's about € 55, that's not cheap :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Keppens
Belgium
Meldert
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Lindgaard wrote:
but with Danish prices I think you will get it much cheaper by ordering direct from DoW.
So the only way to save a bit of money would be to cross the Oresund bridge and buy it from a shop in Malmoe, Sweden.
Do you have an adress of a shop in Malmö? Don't you have to pay to cross the bridge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonis Matakos
Greece
Σέρρες
Serres
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pozman wrote:
Great Dane wrote:
Lindgaard wrote:
Do you have an adress of a shop in Malmö? Don't you have to pay to cross the bridge?
Yes unfortunately you do have to pay and eventhough it takes no more than 40mins from Copenhagen to Malmö, one way ticket is approx 10 euros. (Return is almost the double ammount). So in my opinion, it's definitely not worth going to Sweden to save money if you're only buying one game. I sometimes buy games from Sweden but only when I go to visit my friends and my old lab at Lund and Malmö.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is basically two stores in Malmö worth checking out, and neither is cheap enough to motivate the trip across the bridge.
First there is SF-bokhandeln (http://www.sfbok.se), with a small but good selection of the usual suspects, like most of the DoW stuff and a lot of Rio Grande games. Not a very large selection but most of the time for reasonable price. You won't find cheaper in Sweden unless you know exactly where to look and is prepared spending a lot of time finding it.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=&daddr=...

Then there is Spel på Djäknegatan. A good store with a reasonably large selection, but hopeless prices. I'm not exactly calling Fantask cheap either, but they have some German imports and a few other games that is definitely cheaper than Spel på Dj. I bought 1960: The Making of the President for 400DKK = 500SEK at Fantask, whereas the game costs 550SEK in Malmö. In general Spel på Dj is expensive: looking through the prices of Swedish stores online and I'm getting the feeling that Spel på Dj might be Sweden's most expensive boardgamestore. I still shop there partly because the owner is knowledgeable, he's friendly and is having a lot of arrangements in the evenings when you can go to the store and play.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=15329985589448...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonis Matakos
Greece
Σέρρες
Serres
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unispel is another good option at Lund (well, there are many stores there but this one is worth mentioning) that can be of interest to people living or traveling there or close. It's not a physical store as far as I understand but you can meet with the guy somewhere and avoid the shipping costs. The prices are really good, especially considering there's not shipping when you pick them up yourself. Ofcourse he also sends stuff by mail to Sweden & Denmark but I've never tried that so I can't give any details.
http://www.unispel.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen it at Toys r US in Odense so if you pass a toys r us in copenhagen go in and see if they have it.. it was reasonably cheap last time I checked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls